News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
tvbox2.jpg

tvbox.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not usually one to criticize something like this but the box art is just... bleh. Go with Mav's or entirely rework it.

"Look guys, we've just spent several hundred dollars if not more, on box art that people don't seem to like... "

The proper response to this is not "lets keep it".

BTW, in case anyone missed it, the image of Julia is from dommy's entry in the logo design contest, so I'm not taking credit for that, though technically, it's property of VU Games now. I just PS'd it into the box.

The one Mav posted is the best so far IMO. Looks very nice and I'd pick it up to look at it if I was just browsing.

Well, I just wanted to give credit where it is due. dommy won the logo design contest and was showcased at the press event a while back. Why they chose to go away from such a popular design is beyond me.

Mav, have you put the image on the box picture and not just the flat one? If so I can't seem to find it.

No, just the flat. I originally intended it as a sarcastic response after seeing the "final" box, I never guessed it would be so popular.

Well, I just wanted to give credit where it is due. dommy won the logo design contest and was showcased at the press event a while back. Why they chose to go away from such a popular design is beyond me.

Probably because they think they know something about marketing. Which they apparently don't. Either that or 95% of the people posting secretly love the box.

TVbox.jpg

tvbox.jpg

^^k yes, that is awesome. Using that will get more people to pick up the box than using the one that looks like a bargain bin game.

TVbox-value.jpg

Last edited:
I've only read the first few pages, but I have to agree. The usage of white and the actual logo is great - it'll stand out on a shelf and attract attention - but the artwork itself looks pretty bad.

I could quite probably whip that up with 10 minutes of work, by simply taking a screenshot of the map and then slapping some character model cutouts down, plus some fancy brush effects. It's a really unimpressive cover on a technical design level, as well as a visual level.

One of the main problems is that there's no real draw on the "image" part of the cover. I hate to be a sheep, but using Julia would work really well - she is attractive as far as game characters go, and it'd also give the eye something simple to draw to. At the moment there's too much complexity and detail, meaning that the white stands out far more than the actual picture at any considerable distance. That isn't a good thing.

The one that the guy above me just reposted is a brilliant example. There's not too much complexity at all on the main image, so it's easy for the eye to be drawn to, but there's enough detail with the colouring and shadows for it to be very visually impressive and interesting.

I'm sure that the decision has already been made though, and no amount of amateur or professional advice will change anything. Trust me though, you could do far better than this - why you swerved away from the above design is beyond me.

I don't think it's horrid... but there is definetly something wrong with it. Not the best ever. I like Bluntzman's 100x more.

I'll still buy it though :)

I like Bluntzman's a lot, however I don't like how the guys are fighting in the upper left. Perhaps replace them with a pod or bomber?

if this was already asked ignore it but,

im looking for irrational games on there... dont they get any credit on the front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back