[T2] Vengeance mod

tried to change from plasma turret to chain turret and it didn't work. Sounded like the turret deployed/changed and got confirmation in the hud. But, turret didn't change.

Excal said:
Who was in the server under the name JustAGuy and started crying when I killed him? lol

lighten up geeze :rofl:

Crying? I told you to piss off, I was busy. Go cruise with your buddies. I'm not your buddy. I'm trying to help ZOD.

JimBodkins said:
You arent appearing in the server list. Maybe this will help ...

I just changed the name before loading version 7. It's showing up as "-=Hotbawks=-, the old name. IP is still the same.

I like the rocket pod function in the T1 version. (By someone else - sorry - I forget who). Nice 'aiming' control of the rockets.

What are beacon stops? Is that a T1 thing?

Beacon stop is a Team Rabbit 2 thing.

You look down and deploy a beacon, and you stop.. if you jump/jet right after you get a nice vertical launch (good for catching flag passes in TR2).

:)

If you hold down grapple, you hover in the air rather than get pulled, don't know if that was intended or not.

I'd like to see a Tank chain gun or the shrike blasters for the gunship turrets. :)

First time I pulled up Deployables, I didn't have the turret barrels list, I pulled the pack list, then went back to deployables and they were all there.

I'd like to get a pickup going to actually play test it.. as of now.. we just run around jumping on jump pads and grappling everywhere. :)

Nice. Check the Tribes(1) server The Future (12.217.117.162:28000) and look at the visual guidance of the pod. Very responsive.

Last edited:
Ooooookaaay.....

Heh, T2 scripting looks a bit different than T1 is for sure... anyway, I think I know what functions I need. I'll start working on the hook.

One question for ZOD: even though I have a clue, I'll ask just to be sure which functions are executed when? My guess is:

GrapplingHookImage::eek:nFire(): Once on keypress. Only decides if grapple point is within range (btw max range should be only 75-100 meters).

Player::grappleObject(): After GrapplingHookImage::eek:nFire(), and keeps executing itself until fire button is held down.

GrapplingHookImage::eek:nReelIn(): Once on button release. Checks distance.

Player::reelIn(): Seems as it keeps getting executed until another press of the fire button, although I don't see how this is supposed to work.

Clarification would help a lot in understanding how this all works, although it seems to me at first glance that modifying the Player::ReelIn() and Player::GrappleObject() functions should be enough. Anyway, any info on which function does what and when is appreciated.

Back