News: Marweas Parts from Vivendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, we got one of Lee's buddies in exchange for the greatest thing ever to happen to the Tribe's franchise... EVER. Well, after me.

Glare said:
and that shit about us being the most intelligent nicest community hahaha

whatever man

why didnt he go out in style and give a big fuck yall to sierra
Probably wouldn't help him much in trying to find a new job. ;)

Bye weasy.

Killjoy- said:
we need to petition Vivendi with goatse gramms

Ah, no.. Vivendi is a business. You don't petition something like that. Business is business, and I'm sure Alex understands, even if he's unhappy with the decision.

GL wherever you go Alex, you'll be missed, you're definetely one to know how to keep your customers happy, as Col and Thrax said, something *RARELY* seen in the gaming industry once they put something on the shelf. Definetely nobody that I can ever think of that actually took as much of an active part in the community.

damnit, this sucks so bad :marweas: :cry:

wtf? he was fired......what in the fuck???

this better not be over that homeworld crap

I cannot understand how Vivendi/Sierra would let him go over a performance related issue. It was likely either money related or politically motivated.

He may have been making too much money. He is Jewish, after all, and certainly negotiated a good salary.

More likely he wanted to do something with the brand (like, say, involve the community to the degree he did) that upper management disagreed with.

Who knows. Welcome Michael Cowan. Do our much-loved game well, and please involve yourself with the community as much as our Weasel did.

This really bites. :/ Alex is one of the reasons I stuck around, because he was always so enthusiastic and optimistic about Tribes, and that it would continue and prosper despite past failure.

DwarfVader said:
We're gonna miss you Weasel.

No you're not. I'm not going anywhere. :wave:

And don't you guys give Mike Cowan a hard time. He's very good at what he does, and Tribes is still going to need all the help it can get to get the recognition it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back