Tuning changes for 05, open beta

Ladies and Gentlemen, limit the grapple as much as possible. I can already see the UltraRenagadesGrapple MOD now (shiver). Stick to the basics and let the MODers who are useually unsatisfied with everything change it.

An idea I have however may balance the game a bit as far as grenades are concerned. We all know the grenades in T2 were difficult and boring and that most MODS in T1 gave grenades a different twist on things.

I always played light offence and never liked the fact I was unable to blow the enemy's gens in one blast. Untill I met certain MODS that gave me the option of the demo satchel. I thought this was amazing. I don't have beta unfortunatly but why not balance firepower a bit by offering light armours the option of one big blast instead of 6 smaller ones. This would take away from the advantage of using grenades during duels mid-field. You only get one shot too.

What do you guys think? Should we have the choice between Demo Satchel and Grenades?

FunkyJ
(the newb to Tribalwar.com)

FunkyJ said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, limit the grapple as much as possible. I can already see the UltraRenagadesGrapple MOD now (shiver). Stick to the basics and let the MODers who are useually unsatisfied with everything change it.

An idea I have however may balance the game a bit as far as grenades are concerned. We all know the grenades in T2 were difficult and boring and that most MODS in T1 gave grenades a different twist on things.

I always played light offence and never liked the fact I was unable to blow the enemy's gens in one blast. Untill I met certain MODS that gave me the option of the demo satchel. I thought this was amazing. I don't have beta unfortunatly but why not balance firepower a bit by offering light armours the option of one big blast instead of 6 smaller ones. This would take away from the advantage of using grenades during duels mid-field. You only get one shot too.

What do you guys think? Should we have the choice between Demo Satchel and Grenades?

FunkyJ
(the newb to Tribalwar.com)
Terrible, terrible idea. Why on earth would you give a light more firepower than a heavy?

Btw the game's already feature complete.

You'd giv'm more firepower because it's only 1 shot vs how many mortar rounds? Besides it takes a lot more skill (here we go) to infiltrate a base, work through those heavy's defending, plant the satchel and run like hell then attacking with a heavy, packing multiple explosions wreaking havok everywhere. Or at least so it seems.....

Sorry if it's a terrible idea, but at least it's an idea........guess I'll have to wait for a MOD.

-FunkyJ

The problem funks is that lights are very weak in T:V, so there's little purpose to even bothering giving them such a weapon. It's highly unlikely they'd survive long enough against a defended base to even use such a weapon. So then you get into the inevitable arguments of strengthening the light so they can use the superawesome weapon and it just goes back and forth. Then the pro-Heavy community gets into it saying you've made them obsolete and they need to be beefed up, and you lose all hope of balance.

MakaveliBC said:
Opinions are necessarily subjective. I know what you are trying to say, but it doesn't necessarily make either of you "right". Simply because for one person the experience might be more enjoyable played a different way. Just because someone is a "member" doesn't mean that they have no history or experience with the Tribes franchise, it may in fact be that they haven't been active in the community as of late.

Regardless, there are topics being discussed by both vets and "members" that I agree and at times disagree with. I'm concerned with the direction that has been taken to make the franchise "more accessible" but I will reserve my judgement until I have played the game. It looks fun, and I hope the depth of gameplay remains from the previous titles.

Let me just say it does get a bit frustrating continually reading the barage of flames from "vets" just because some "nub" decides to speak his mind. We all have the right to disagree with them, but that doesn't make them inherently wrong. Who's to say what will make the game better and "more fun", of course people value their own opinions more than others, and there may be some basis for that, but quit assuming that just because people aren't active members of this particular community, that they have no experience with either T1 or T2. You're really just selling yourselves short, and limiting what could be (though not always) valuable feedback from other members in the community.

of course just my .02, feel free to flame away.
Signed.

Fool said:
The problem funks is that lights are very weak in T:V, so there's little purpose to even bothering giving them such a weapon. It's highly unlikely they'd survive long enough against a defended base to even use such a weapon. So then you get into the inevitable arguments of strengthening the light so they can use the superawesome weapon and it just goes back and forth. Then the pro-Heavy community gets into it saying you've made them obsolete and they need to be beefed up, and you lose all hope of balance.
Isnt this why there are meds? I mean, arnt the Meds basically the "light Offence" from T2? The lights are the "Cappers" right? Or am I totally lost...?

There's no telling what will be what right now, it's still beta and not competitive.

Lights make the fastest cappers, but they're very fragile. Mediums get more health for a slight reduction in speed, so some people favor them for capping as they're more likely to survive a flag grab against decent defenders.

I'm sure they made the mines exactly how they wanted them , so all you mine spammers can't just indescrimanently throw mines everywhere. Now you'll kill your own too , so you have to actually watch what your doing. :)

That's a step in the right direction --Fatal

At this point I think IG should stop balancing and just work on polishing the game and fixing bugs. At this point I'm happy, but I'll probably have a heart attack if they do something random like they're doing for patch05

JTMx81 said:
Isnt this why there are meds? I mean, arnt the Meds basically the "light Offence" from T2? The lights are the "Cappers" right? Or am I totally lost...?
Play the game for longer than a month, then coem back to these forums please. kthxbye

and wtf happened to the damm ignore a member button.....

Man I swear, if I didnt have to use a MAC to work on I would blow this POS up.

I haven't been keeping up with this game. Concerning this grappler, is it on-hand or off-hand? Real physics (feel gravity and swinging)?

Back