[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

No one actually believes Jim Acosta did anything wrong.

This is one of those situations where conservatives collectively pretend to believe something they don’t believe.

Pretending to believe something they don’t believe serves multiple purposes:

One, it signals tribal loyalty. Being willing to say blatantly false things shows you put tribe over truth, and that is a critical loyalty test, as anyone who has studied cults can tell you.

Two, they’re trolling. “Triggering the libs” is the meats and potatoes of their political ideology these days (read my book, Troll Nation). Telling blatant lies and watching liberals make themselves crazy insisting on “facts” and “evidence” makes them laugh in delight.

Three, they are trying to push the idea that violence against women isn’t a real problem, but something people only pretend to care about to score points.
How better to seed that idea than only pretending to care to score points?

Fourth, it's about reestablishing Trump's narrative that the media are the "enemy" to be defeated instead of a Fourth Estate necessary to keep democracy healthy. This helps, in turn, fuel the already strong message that democracy is wrong and authoritarianism is right.

Fifth, it's a straight up distraction. Trump wants everyone "debating" a completely obvious video, instead of talking about how he's trying to conceal what is almost certainly very serious crimes by interfering with the Mueller investigation.

Or the Left is being over-reactive again and defending a clearly rude and pompous reporter specifically because they loathe Trump.

I'd defend any reporter, anywhere. I'd defend tucker carlson asking hillary about seth rich. I don't give a fuck. Freedom of the press, this is america.

I dont know much about press etiquette but didnt Acosta already get to ask two or three questions before this?

Is it normal for reporters to refuse to give up the microphone and keep trying to ask questions after theyve been told thats enough?

Obviously the whole 'he laid hands on' thing is complete bullshit, but it seems to me Acosta was very disrespecting and rude not only against Trump but others reporters in the room as well.

can you imagine what the leftwing retarded fake news media would be saying if it was trump blocking out a female trying to take a mic away?

cnn would be talking about rape charges

like that's not to say I wouldn't have strong opinions about tucker

but I wouldn't be like "BAN HIM FROM THE AIRWAVES FOREVER"

Dont worry the left are going to be marching nationwide to protest the new AG and will be defending freedom of the press by smashing garbage cans in a city near you this weekend. Their posts have already stated they can tell journalists to not take their photo because nothing says defending freedom of the press like denying journalists their ability to cover public events in public spaces.

I dont know much about press etiquette but didnt Acosta already get to ask two or three questions before this?

Is it normal for reporters to refuse to give up the microphone and keep trying to ask questions after theyve been told thats enough?

Obviously the whole 'he laid hands on' thing is complete bullshit, but it seems to me Acosta was very disrespecting and rude not only against Trump but others reporters in the room as well.
exactly. he even started arguing "this is not an invasion" is your job to ask questions and report the answers or are you there to argue opinions?

journalism is dead.

like that's not to say I wouldn't have strong opinions about tucker

but I wouldn't be like "BAN HIM FROM THE AIRWAVES FOREVER"

Can Jim Acosta still write an article? Can he still be published? Can he still go on TV and opine? Can he give an interview? Can I turn on CNN today and see him speaking?

Or the Left is being over-reactive again and defending a clearly rude and pompous reporter specifically because they loathe Trump.

this

if a conservative news company would have acted the way Acosta did towards Obama, he would have been thrown out and smeared for a week on all MSM channels, and triple would have been shitting all over him.

dynUldg.jpg

dUIOi8f.jpg

wait I thought china was our friend

is it russia or china this week on the looney left

you're making a big deal about a video we're all seeing for the first time after watching the original 10 times yesterday.

my take is that he should have been banned from the wh pool a long time ago. and he did enough to warrant a ban if you want to completely remove his contact with the intern.

of course the contact is being overblown but it's irrelevant.

I haven't made a big deal about the video. I'm laughing at the White House for publicly releasing a doctored version of it, which is either extremely incompetent, or far more likely, its willingness to be deceitful.

And we all know which of the above applies.

Can Jim Acosta still write an article? Can he still be published? Can he still go on TV and opine? Can he give an interview? Can I turn on CNN today and see him speaking?
Can CNN send a new reporter to the wh press pool?

I'm just going to leave this here.

What exactly are you contesting here?

He was told to sit his ass down because he was out of line, and then proceeded to talk over the President, and then when the intern came up to remove the mic he put his fucking hands on her.

I don't give a fuck of a rogue frame or two entered the equation - shit, those videos were clipped, reclipped, rendered, recompressed, re-uploaded to multiple platforms. No one's claiming he injured the intern, but he was way WAY out of line, and good on POTUS for kicking his ass out.

The president doesn't have to answer any questions, he can respond anyway he chooses, and he can ask anybody to leave the room.

Back