Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page The art to GG's
Page 1 of 8
The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
1 - 02-28-2017, 23:20
Okay, one thing that has been frustrating me about T1 in 2017 is the blatant disregard for even teams.

Every single night that I play, I have grown accustomed to patiently waiting in observer for everyone to change teams so that I can join the team that looks weakest, only to discover that by doing that - I am only left with trying to carry a team of mostly morons against a team with 3-4 above average to elite players. This is rarely fun, and makes game not fun.

I went through my SS's of postgame stats and I made a list of players that I have played with in the past few weeks. There has been at least 70 different players playing T1 in Dare's server in the past few weeks. That's a lot higher than I would have guessed.

Anyway, the team balance is utter BS in todays game because of player skill level being so spread out most nights.

Let's say a player like rtcLL is rated as 3 players, but he was playing with gimli, Morgawr, and Agnostick on his team. I'd rate each of those players no better than a -1. His team rating is now a 0. And what if he was playing against pak, zip, psycho, and malice. Giving them all a 2 or 3 rating, it is now a 8-0 in favor of pak/zip/psycho/malice. This is an extreme example, but it is safe to say that rtcLL would stand a very small chance of being able to overcome his teammates and win this match. In fact, rtcLL would probably not even bother playing it. I wouldn't.

Here is a list of players I've played with in past few weeks and I even placed them in tiers because I am bored and tribes right now is boring. Said a few things about each player, I'm sorry if I left you off the list.

There is no order to any of this, some players in Tier 1 are better than other players in Tier 1 in my opinion, but I'm not going to go that deep in analysis. This just my opinion based on a month of play.

Tier 1: (These are all players will slightly or heavily sway one sides chances of winning in a positive direction.)

Stork - when/if he plays is the G.O.A.T.
Milkman - Great all around player, better defensively. I hate when he shoots at me.
Psycho - Also great all around player - always tries to keep teams even, sometimes at his own expense.
rtcLL - Best chaser I've ever played with.
Clown - Really not that good, just good at looking good. He's got bad BO too.
Zip - Really doesn't do anything wrong. Always in right place at right time.
Pak - I love you man.
Malice - Very smart capper, good timing and route running. Hard 2 chase, you autistic bastard.
Mun - Probably most annoying player to chase because he likes to completely ignore the fact that there are campers and the flag won't stay home for more than 30 seconds, which is sometimes the amount of time it takes for him to get home.
Dare - pretty good when he's not high I've heard.
Silverstone - One of the better cappers I've played against, but has been chasing more lately - chain whore.
Lawlz - One of the smartest tribes players I've played with, timing is very good and does everything well.
raven - very good shot with disc, smart chaser.
Pacinko - Very solid capper, also my old capping partner in renspawn - we've nearly shut teams out from getting a return before.
zing - Good all around - not sure who this is, but they've been playing this game long enough to know what they're doing. Smart player.
Vamp - this ****er never misses. Good thing he's slow.
ryezor - Very good e-grabber, fast capper.
meph - It is not fair trying to cap against him and rtcLL, they should never be on same team.
void - Good, solid capper.
Curry - Can play all positions very well, one of the better all around players I've played with.
eligh - Solid capper, good at keeping flag at home and passing.
Hyung - Probably best capper in game, least favorite to chase - seems faster than everyone else. Heard he has speed boosts.
Killer - Solid chaser, came from renspawn - so still adjusting to base play I think.
Cojack - Good, above average useful player - good at holding flag and grabbing when needed.
Lyon - Good all around, smart player.
R$E - solid chaser.
Two Moons - Getting better at chasing, still adjusting to base play though I think - he taught me how to be a very good ******* in renspawn back in the day.
krsone - above average capper, smart player.
brickhead - Not sure who this is, but he's very good player - possibly someone I already listed. Is this you Stork?
wreck it ralph or blizz pizz - solid player, good capper, decent killer
streetplayer - Pretty much same as brickhead, not sure who this is - may be same person.

Tier 2: (These are role players who are capable of providing a positive contribution to their team, but do not necessarily make or break the outcome.)

Nanny - pretty much only plays home D, and usually very dependable.
Caps Lock - Good capper, but still has some things to learn. Needs to get better with flag passing, but always makes pretty good decisions and isn't selfish.
Bugs - Smart player, and has turned himself into a pretty good capper/camper. Always tries to help on holding the flag and covering.
2high2care - usually 2 high 2 care, and would probably be in tier 1 if he did.
Jax - Decent capper and flag holder, could make better decisions sometimes.
Fixious - Decent at killing things, E-grabbing - haven't played with much.
bonepuppet - actually don't know him very well, but played with him a few times - pretty decent player.
Redtower - Average player, doesn't make too many negative mistakes
Meanstreet - decent chaser, still adjusting from renspawn I think.
Blind Parakeet - Could me a much better player if he was smarter, but he lacks tribes intelligence. He'll bring flag home on a camp, but leave home D or whoever takes flag from him out to dry so that he can go back to sitting on hill waiting to grab flag again. Thinks he's a lot better than he is.
disk - Used to be pretty good player, but doesn't play enough now to be more than average. Maybe his chain hacks died, idk.
Krayvock - Decent all around, but isn't too flashy.
Paradox - Not sure about him, but he played pretty well when I played with him - may be a smurf of someone already listed.
Eviltree - *****ed about his tier, so I put him up here because he can kill VAV. I'm only joking man, you're cool.
Texas - Hides with flag frequently a mile away from base which often results in costing his team caps, but besides that could be pretty capable player with time.
puny - average player

Tier 3: (These players are just a step below tier 2, can sometimes help a team, sometimes hinder. Most of these players either just lack tribes awareness, or just don't have enough skill yet to make that big of a difference to an outcome.)

Ajax - Not sure much about him, but he isn't annoying, and can be useful.
ghjk - Excellent route runner, but plays game like a freaking robot. I wonder if bugs has found a way to create an actual tribes bot, because there is no way that asher is normal. OCD I think, idk.
gio - Seems like he can be useful, but makes frequent mistakes - not sure who this is, but might be newer to game.
Shift - Capable player, doesn't make stupid mistakes - haven't seen his play too much to judge.
Deadm4n - Average player.
Cranium - Up and coming player, too bad he didn't join us 10 years ago. He might not have enough time to catch up before tribes dies.
Xpea - The perfect example of someone who can play a game for like 6-7 years and actually manage to not get any better than he was when he started. The ONE thing that HAS gotten better has been his tribes intelligence - he no longer makes stupid grabs, and really doesn't hinder a team too much.
Hempstent - Average player.
red - This guy could be so much better if he had any inkling of a brain, but he seems to just be angry all the time and usually just point whores. Not really a team player.
shadoh - Haven't played with him much lately, but he's more of a dueler.
Agnostick - Capable grabber and can bring flag home to cap sometimes, but most of the time you are left cursing that he ignored your attempt to say you have the flag by llamaing at last second.
SpidershocK - not sure who the **** this is, but he's really not that good.
broast - does stuff okay, doesn't really do stupid things to bump him down to tier 4.
Ice - pretty much just a dueler.

Tier 4 (This is where usefulness starts going backwards. This is that special tier for special players who are just tribes 2017 babies, totally downs, or just don't care enough to do anything productive for their team.)

Joe Daddy - Is certainly capable of making a difference, but chooses to be a complete idiot most of the time instead. His talent in tribes is completely negated by the negatives he brings to his team.

Gimli - Still trying to figure out tribes after 10 years, certainly a work in progress, but some think he's the next big thing. Maybe in 10 years when he's the only remaining tribes player left.

Morgawr - Capable chaser at times, but does not listen - spams flag at worst times. Inanimate object comparison: Door Knob.

Sabo - Pretty good aim with a targeting laser I guess.

Odio - I don't understand him. I think autism. He's also most likely to be color blind, or does not have reticles set to show teams.

Runtime - Grabs flag, dies, rinse, repeat.

=Jack= or Fish? - just sits in observer and talks **** about base, gay anni player.

Tier 5:

VAV - Cancer. He's lucky to get flag past mid-field, and will never force a return - just goes back to camp. Capping with him on your team is a nightmare.
liteflower - joins team, goes afk.
Chaka Cent - this one speaks for itself. No need to elaborate.
Exodus - Mostly just spams flag, talks ****, and sucks. Also grabs flag and throws OB when he feels like it just to troll.

Last edited by The One and Only; 03-21-2017 at 16:31..
Sponsored Links
The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
2 - 02-28-2017, 23:28
Good example. Server right now is BF -

Teams are:

asher, xpe, lyon, cranium, gimli, and texas

vs

SS, ajax, milkman, morgawr, zip, and chaka.

Even chaka will not bring the second team down enough to lose. gg, I'll watch.

Better teams would be:

SS, vertig0, Lyon, xpea, asher, texas

vs

zip, milkman, morgawr, ajax, chaka, gimli

But, nope. We will play 8-0 match, than move to next map and do it again.

Logic of tribes in 2017 is incredible.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 02-28-2017, 23:29
I DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

vamp
Veteran++
Old
4 - 02-28-2017, 23:30
ya if i ever learned to disc nade and pulled out cg it would be gg alright

The One and Only
Veteran++
Old
5 - 03-01-2017, 00:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
I DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT

have you played lately? hahaha

I only put players down that I have played with in past few weeks, but you are certainly up there in tier 1 stork

fyr
Veteran³
Old
6 - 03-01-2017, 02:41
I guess Stork holds the title of being the best tribe player of all time then.

drtbag
Old
7 - 03-01-2017, 03:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
I DIDN'T MAKE THE CUT

the whole post is appalling but hey this takes the cake imo

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
8 - 03-01-2017, 09:41

????????????????????????? ????

stork is this true??

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 03-01-2017, 10:04
This thread is the definition of autism in 2017.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 03-01-2017, 10:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

????????????????????????? ????

stork is this true??
I've waited a long time for all the good players to stop playing

Now tribe is mine

Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 03-01-2017, 11:21
People look at the teams? I just tab 1 as soon as it starts. The trick is to not really give too much of a damn and just play to have a good time. I almost always start with the intention to put in some good effort, but if I notice I have to run around and carry because nobody is actually positioning up, I often just resort to goofing around. Not really worth the effort when the majority of the team is just putzing around. Could you force your team to win? Possibly, but that seems like way too much work for a game that's supposed to be fun, not stressful. This resorts in maximum effort maybe 25% of the time. Some days I can't even be bothered to aim with any real effort

The try hard games are always the most fun though. Synergy is key

Pak
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 03-01-2017, 12:49
I love playing with nanny or lyon just because they always provide good support. Its always fun with them. TBH most of the time I dont give a **** about scores, lots of games were gg even tho my team lost. You should learn to care less about things that you can't change. Pubs are going to stay pubs.

darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 03-01-2017, 13:42
dam so the game is cyclically active again now?

drtbag
Old
14 - 03-01-2017, 14:26
some1 needs to make an annual cash tourney for 3k prize money and book it during back to school break up season so it attracts emos and ragers cyclically as those are the most fun tourneys historically #elliotwave #forecast

jjwtay
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 03-01-2017, 14:32
You need to tone your posting down these sperg essays are getting out of control. You have been warned.

drtbag
Old
16 - 03-01-2017, 14:36
i like the sperg essays and i think a warning like that is way over the line and authoritarian parental

wat i dont like is all the overly aggressive conniving competing attempts at jocking for position, it's community destroying, let them do their little schoolyard gossip picking tiers all they want imo, dont make them toxic from the get go tho, tribes should be inclusive and acceptable to everyone, don't play little gossip and deceit games to create power dynamics be sportsmen plz

Last edited by drtbag; 03-01-2017 at 14:39..
darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 03-01-2017, 15:32
hyung thread on him banning milkman was top thread of this decade in trible talk

darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 03-01-2017, 15:33
i m tryna 2 figure out how to undelete it

drtbag
Old
19 - 03-01-2017, 16:18
i wish nothing had ever been deleted but then again some people request it deleted so it gets deleted for some reason idk y, this is an e-sport forum it shouldn't be about excluding the weakest link in some stupid darwinist awards political group dynamic way - this is why we have free speech so real social darwinism can happen

[meph] still plays
Veteran³
Old
20 - 03-01-2017, 16:20
tbh this was a nice compliment ty.

you know, dp has often said, "looking at the function that it is entertaining aspect." i think we (especially glen7565) can all agree on this. the list itself (the object) is secondary to the effect on the community (the function of the list) and in doing so, the analysis and the efficacy of the function produces: entertainment.

Page 1 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page The art to GG's

Social Website Bullshit