[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

DxJ-D7JVsAAc2gy.jpg

or worse?????

:rofl:

I mean at this point I hope trump appoints an actual vegetable garden to replace her

‘Feel like I’m going to strangle you’: Shutdown breaks Congress’ spirit

But this one feels different, a shutdown where the dynamics are frozen. Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) don’t want money for a border wall, and President Donald Trump wants $5.7 billion. Rank-and-file lawmakers can make noise and try to create momentum, but Trump has dismissed everything they’ve come up with — leading some members to wonder what they’re even doing.

“Glum. Glum. I’m not a glum person. I’m not somebody who gets down. But I’ve been discouraged,” Murkowski said of her state of mind. “People I work for back home in Alaska are asking me to ‘fix it.’ And it’s hard for one person to fix anything around here. Unless you’re the president. Or the speaker. Or the majority leader.”

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) summed up his feelings in more dire terms: “We are in this horrible purgatory between heaven and hell.” He said “fatalism” had set in: “That there is no way out unless either he or we relent entirely.”

“I think he’s going to agree to open up the government on a hope and a prayer when donkeys fly. OK?” said Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), who spent more than an hour with Trump on a plane on Monday. “He says: ‘Look I don’t want government to be closed. But I know as soon as I open it up, they’re going to say, ‘thank you very much I don’t want to talk about a border [wall].’”

Pelosi herself told Trump flatly last week that after the government opened, he would not get his wall. And that’s the last time they met face to face.

For Democratic freshmen, their exasperation over inaction reached a boiling point. Several members of the new House class, including many who came from districts Trump won, have been meeting to devise a strategy of their own.

But Democrats aren’t open to anything other than reopening the government and then debating border security, which Trump will not do

Hey! here Farad Manjoo makes his case for why open borders are a good thing. That the whole world is moving towards open borders. That it is natural - like gay marriage and smoking weed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/opinion/open-borders-immigration.html
The internet expands the bounds of acceptable discourse, so ideas considered out of bounds not long ago now rocket toward widespread acceptability. See: cannabis legalization, government-run health care, white nationalism and, of course, the flat-earthers.

Yet there’s one political shore that remains stubbornly beyond the horizon. It’s an idea almost nobody in mainstream politics will address, other than to hurl the label as a bloody cudgel.

I’m talking about opening up America’s borders to everyone who wants to move here.

Imagine not just opposing President Trump’s wall but also opposing the nation’s cruel and expensive immigration and border-security apparatus in its entirety. Imagine radically shifting our stance toward outsiders from one of suspicion to one of warm embrace. Imagine that if you passed a minimal background check, you’d be free to live, work, pay taxes and die in the United States. Imagine moving from Nigeria to Nebraska as freely as one might move from Massachusetts to Maine.

There’s a witheringly obvious moral, economic, strategic and cultural case for open borders, and we have a political opportunity to push it. As Democrats jockey for the presidency, there’s room for a brave politician to oppose President Trump’s racist immigration rhetoric not just by fighting his wall and calling for the abolishment of I.C.E. but also by making a proactive and affirmative case for the vast expansion of immigration.

It would be a change from the stale politics of the modern era, in which both parties agreed on the supposed wisdom of “border security” and assumed that immigrants were to be feared.

As an immigrant, this idea confounds me. My family came to the United States from our native South Africa in the late 1980s. After jumping through lots of expensive and confusing legal hoops, we became citizens in 2000. Obviously, it was a blessing: In rescuing me from a society in which people of my color were systematically oppressed, America has given me a chance at liberty.

But why had I deserved that chance, while so many others back home — because their parents lacked certain skills, money or luck — were denied it?

When you see the immigration system up close, you’re confronted with its bottomless unfairness. The system assumes that people born outside our borders are less deserving of basic rights than those inside. My native-born American friends did not seem to me to warrant any more dignity than my South African ones; according to this nation’s founding documents, we were all created equal. Yet by mere accident of geography, some were given freedom, and others were denied it.

“When you start to think about it, a system of closed borders begins to feel very much like a system of feudal privilege,” said Reece Jones, a professor of geography at the University of Hawaii who argues that Democrats should take up the mantle of open borders. “It’s the same idea that there’s some sort of hereditary rights to privilege based on where you were born.”

I admit the politics here are perilous. Although America’s borders were open for much of its history — if your ancestors came here voluntarily, there’s a good chance it was thanks to open borders — restrictions on immigration are now baked so deeply into our political culture that any talk of loosening them sparks anger.

People worry that immigrants will bring crime, even though stats show immigrants are no more dangerous than natives. People worry they’ll take jobs away from native workers, even though most studies suggests that immigration is a profound benefit to the economy, and there’s little evidence it hurts native workers. And if we worry that they’ll hoover up welfare benefits, we can impose residency requirements for them.

But these are all defensive arguments, and when you’re on defense, you’re losing. For opponents of the president’s xenophobic policies, a better plan is to make the affirmative case for a lot more immigrants.

Economically and strategically, open borders isn’t just a good plan — it’s the only chance we’ve got. America is an aging nation with a stagnant population. We have ample land to house lots more people, but we are increasingly short of workers. And on the global stage, we face two colossi — India and China — which, with their billions, are projected to outstrip American economic hegemony within two decades.

How will we ever compete with such giants? The same way we always have: by inviting the world’s most enthusiastic and creative people — including the people willing to walk here, to risk disease and degradation and death to land here — to live out their best life under liberty.

A new migrant caravan is forming in Honduras, and the president is itching for the resulting political fight.

Here’s hoping Democrats respond with creativity and verve. Not just “No wall.” Not just “Abolish ICE.”

Instead: “Let them in.”

Follow The New York Times Opinion section on Facebook, Twitter (@NYTopinion) and Instagram.
Get our weekly newsletter and never miss an Op-Doc

Watch Oscar-nominated short documentaries from around the world made for you.

Farhad Manjoo became an opinion columnist for The New York Times in 2018. Before that, he wrote The Times’ State of the Art column. He is the author of "True Enough: Learning to Live in a Post-Fact Society." @fmanjoo • Facebook

Of course - we should just open the borders and let anyone in. What could go wrong? Just let them in to do whatever they want. Get whatever benefits they feel like they need.

Not. Total fuckwit. If he really thinks the world is going to do away with border control and security he is delusional.

Please, dems - listen to this man's cry - please put forward a candidate that stands on an "open border" platform. Please!

Last edited:
What I love about Trump and the bus - he let them get ready. Pack their shit. Get on the bus. Go to the airforce base and then boom. Sit on the fucking bus - bitches.

Also - if you watch the video of them getting off the bus - none of them carry their own luggage. Of course not. They are much too privileged to carry their own shit like the rest of us.

I really hope Trump gives the state of the union from the Senate. That would be great.

lol

as if pelosi and democrats care about our military

you know that Der GropenFuehrer and his nazi crew in the WH were laughing their asses off waiting for them to finally load the bus when he made the call

one thing i like about him: he takes no shit from these fucktards. republican punks take note

That is the other recording I want..

Trump: How do we respond?

Guy 1: We just stay quiet and hold our course

Guy 2: We could fuck with their trip?

Trump: You know what to do

That is the other recording I want..

Trump: How do we respond?

Guy 1: We just stay quiet and hold our course

Guy 2: We could fuck with their trip?

Trump: You know what to do

dude, thats some of the funniest shit i have seen in politics

theres no doubt it was timed, none

sure its petty but god damn that is fucking hilarious throwing it right back at 'em and they dont know how to deal with it

just like the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeesist brigade in this thread, so easily riled up hahahahahaha

No one with the balls big enough to call their shit and fight back using their own BS. Legend. The whole place is getting a nice cleanse just as planned. Good lord the monsters gnawing at the doors of the dems. The new batch is scary stupid.

In other non political news but still funny

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/to-catch-a-predator-host-chris-hansen-getting-evicted-from-nyc-apartment-report

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/catch-predator-host-chris-hansen-arrested-over-13-000-bounced-n959471

Chris hansen arrested for not paying his bills lol

To Catch a Predator' host Chris Hansen arrested over $13,000 in bounced checks

Arrested
Evicted from apartment
Getting divorce

Lol wtf happened to this dude

To Catch a Predator’ Host Chris Hansen’s Wife Files for Divorce

Last edited:
Back