[1.41] Tribes AfterHope

i was sad they took my interp in 2000, now i m sad again
i like cg heavy game since disc on ping 120 is not reliable
also i like cg because it is closest to quake lightning gun
i doubt i will start my tribes with the current state of things and i know some ppl feel same way
maybe i just gonna get bybass and still interpolatez but idk
i appreciate the effort of opsayo, hes doign a great job, but i just dont like no interp because many ppl cannot cg at all without.
so w/e u do opsayo u r still good boi
goodbye tribe 1

on interpolate/predictforwardtime:
i've found the net effect (playing both on us and euro servers) to be that with pft settings/interpolate its equivalent for both lpb/hpb as far as impact and effectiveness

I can chain/disc/play one way on us - and do the same thing on euro servers with some tweaks - plays the same (one is a little jerkiery albeit)

so idk

default 1.40 is more accurate than netset

you idjits think that because your players are jerking around that its 99 again

interp with 1.3 was far less jerky and a lot more rewarding for mid range ping like 20-60 which i pinged around the interp prime
it was a fun meta with lot of chaingun, i can get used to 1.4 stock again i bet but idk i guess i m just lazy old fuk
but wy i even care idk

so far 1.41 has made tool quit tribes

it has not brought any1 back to tribes

thank you for the anti-cheat

and it should also be clear that 1.41 isn't trying to save or revive tribes

the game isn't saveable - we aren't going to have competition ever again, really and we'll likely never have a pickup with more than 4 good players either

but id rather play with people running this than stock 1.40 and happymod

if you don't want to play on baby LT then go ahead nobody is forcing you

Messing with net settings is too much of a gamble. Andrew knows more about how they work than I do, so I trust default 1.40 and dont use netset. I'm sure people have different opinions from different situations, but I've never felt I needed to change my net settings. I ping 44-60 us, 140 euro, and 260 aus. Its all about trusting 140's lead. It would look odd with higher pings, but it was usually dead-on.

Messing with net settings is too much of a gamble. Andrew knows more about how they work than I do, so I trust default 1.40 and dont use netset. I'm sure people have different opinions from different situations, but I've never felt I needed to change my net settings. I ping 44-60 us, 140 euro, and 260 aus. Its all about trusting 140's lead. It would look odd with higher pings, but it was usually dead-on.

Well said, Stork. You summed up my feelings on pft/netset perfectly. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I really don't think netset is that much of an advantage, as a disadvantage honestly. I think nerfing the cg is stupid, and instead netset should just be disallowed. 1.40 Cg is more than powerful enough.

HOW ABOUT WE VOTE ON IT

COME @ me stork

Back