4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s) by Shopper47 - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)
Page 9 of 10
JuSTCHiLLiN
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 11-06-2010, 12:06
I have a 52 priest that I hopped on to try this out on. Definite fun but I need a **** ton of macros to make it work. Also, when did they lower the price of the 2nd talents to 100g?

Sponsored Links
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
162 - 11-06-2010, 12:37
I don't think you need a bunch of macros for disc healing, I toss out prayer of mending and renew on the tank (tanks don't like PW:S), when the fight starts I toss out some dots then spam smite until somebody needs some more healing. I am getting a feel for it now, I did a few BGs to get a feel for my keybindings then I did a few heroics.

The problem has always been that as gear gets better in each expansion healers have to do so little that you can toss out one hot at the start of each pull then top a few people off at the end, or you just spam one heal all the time, just watching for a health bar to drop so you can do something. With this Disc healing style you are watching the mobs and the health bars, there is always something to do, I remember in the BC and the current expansion healing as a priest where I would try to heal the entire heroic with only prayer of mending to keep my % of heal as close to zero as possible just to make it interesting.

jordanthug
Veteran++
Old
163 - 11-06-2010, 14:09
why do tanks not like PW:S?

Sparty
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 11-06-2010, 14:15
Because its blocks Vigilance/Vengeance. This isn't an issue on hard hitting bosses, but on 5mans.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
165 - 11-07-2010, 00:04
I've been leveling a holy priest and it's pretty darn easy, especially with enchanted gear. Prayer of mending and renew the tank and then dps.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
166 - 11-08-2010, 10:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
Because its blocks Vigilance/Vengeance. This isn't an issue on hard hitting bosses, but on 5mans.
No. The only tank you don't really want to shield are pallies. They get mana from heals and even then, prot pallies don't have much mana issues these days.

Shield mechanics were changed a few patches ago to not affect threat/rage generation.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
167 - 11-08-2010, 10:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
I don't think you need a bunch of macros for disc healing, I toss out prayer of mending and renew on the tank (tanks don't like PW:S), when the fight starts I toss out some dots then spam smite until somebody needs some more healing. I am getting a feel for it now, I did a few BGs to get a feel for my keybindings then I did a few heroics.

The problem has always been that as gear gets better in each expansion healers have to do so little that you can toss out one hot at the start of each pull then top a few people off at the end, or you just spam one heal all the time, just watching for a health bar to drop so you can do something. With this Disc healing style you are watching the mobs and the health bars, there is always something to do, I remember in the BC and the current expansion healing as a priest where I would try to heal the entire heroic with only prayer of mending to keep my % of heal as close to zero as possible just to make it interesting.
There was always something to do: shield spam. Disc priest were the best "healers" in WotLK because of their absorbs. In Cata, they made shields less effective and cost more. They worked in smite -> archangel and gave value to heal (weakend soul reduction). So its not nearly as boring.

It was pretty mind numbing but super effective.

I'm liking holy and the upcoming change seems pretty nice. (PoH+Renew Chakra)

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
168 - 11-08-2010, 11:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blotter View Post
No. The only tank you don't really want to shield are pallies. They get mana from heals and even then, prot pallies don't have much mana issues these days.

Shield mechanics were changed a few patches ago to not affect threat/rage generation.
The shield is still destroying things though, you have such a large mana pool using shield isn't an issue

bobajin i think is his name is still throwing out giant numbers on alot of fights without mana issues, whereas me being holy (and like ~1.1k+ mana regen while casting) am going OOM or close to it on AoE heavy fights (festergut, blood queen, both heroic)

edit- chakra changes look nice, I've always been a fan of the prayer of healing one myself, and CoH. You boost PoH, it gives 2 hots now that get boosted as a result, and coh isn't on that long of a cooldown, works well. Combine that with the holy word circle thing on the ground, and PoH Chakra is awesome. The fights without tons of AoE I use the chakra renew, kinda nice having two heavy hitting hots combined with the holy word.

Now PoM+PoH+renew in one chakra is OP

Last edited by TheGhost; 11-08-2010 at 11:07..
Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
169 - 11-08-2010, 11:08
Yeah for now, until Cata comes around. At least that's what they say. I've noticed it a bit, just have to hymn/fiend sooner than before, it's still not really an issue. Though I've barely raided on my priest since 4.0.

But yeah, shields are completely OP and dominated heals this xpac. You just need an absorbs/heal meter to realize it :x

edit
It sucks that I neglected haste gear in ICC. I don't have nearly enough haste for that extra renew tick, which in combination with the renew Chakra is really OP for a holy priest. I am glad they combined them tho, it makes sense. One chakra for tank heals, one for aoe. I just gotta remember to cast lightwell :x

Last edited by Blotter; 11-08-2010 at 11:11..
TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
170 - 11-08-2010, 11:09
and ****, just saw they nerfed the hell out of holy word: sanctuary

it wasn't a great heal for the melee group on bosses, they better make it compare with the druid one, which doesn't require a f'ing chakra state (or the new healing rain from shamans)

recount does combined heals + absorbs

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
171 - 11-08-2010, 11:14
What nerf? MMO just says:

AE Healing nerf
The beta still does not have all of our AE nerfs, so e.g. Holy Radiance and Efflorescence are still healing by too much. Once those numbers kick in, then we can lower AE damage accordingly. Priest and shaman AE healing are closer to our targets.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
172 - 11-08-2010, 11:17
power word sanctuary doesn't have any real CD right now, I can gurantee one is always up

40sec CD would kill that

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
173 - 11-08-2010, 11:27
Ah, it seemed like it would stay up for a bit at least? Bummer.

I need to raid on my priest again... After gdkp's stopped I don't trust any PUGs heh.

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
174 - 11-08-2010, 11:58
Todd is an elitist.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
175 - 11-08-2010, 12:29
You can do at least regular 12/12 in most pugs.

That being said, you will need 12/12 min achieve and a 3100+ WH to even get an invite on Tich soz, grun it first.

(srsly Tich is out of control for requirements. It makes Archi look mellow and relaxed)

Zeph make an alt icc run this week at like 10pm est

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
176 - 11-08-2010, 12:31
Srry bro your WH is too low.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
177 - 11-08-2010, 13:30
racist

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
178 - 11-08-2010, 13:50
I wish someone would update the fire mage thread on EJ already.

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
179 - 11-08-2010, 14:33
There is no more chakra renew.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
180 - 11-08-2010, 15:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
I wish someone would update the fire mage thread on EJ already.
Update it with what? It's really only useful in PVP from what I've seen and it was fun for a while. It might shine in Cata, but who knows? It's all a holding pattern right now anyways.

Page 9 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)

Social Website Bullshit