Next expansion rumors (Cataclysm?)

i agree with terra

i think its badass that they're remaking the original shit. HAve you tried leveling a character lately? fuckin ghostland

When i was leveling in winterspring yesterday there was ONE other person in the whole zone.

They need to just make a new fucking game. It's coming up on 5 years now.

24bw0op.jpg

Current map of Azeroth overlayed with the map from the globe in HOL.

It's possible that they'll still have zones like westfall and the barrens, but after you pass 80 the world blows up and those phase out from you...forever.

Interesting, I thought Northrend WAS part of the pole of the planet or at least attached to it. Though that would explain by the Fjord and Tundra are lush.

There are still odd pockets on both continents here and there thought, some may be large enough for a zone and others not. As for the Barrens, I think they'll just carve it in half with a fissure and the Horde will build a quick bridge to span the distance. There are rumons Azshara and Deathwing both try to summon ancient beings, it may be a backlash of energies on a smaller scale on what happens to Outlands.

Assuming all the rumors are true/near truth (which I personally think they are), I'm really curious as how it's all going to work with non-cata people. Like, is the old world makeover only going to apply for people with the xpac, or is it going to be available to all via content patch? If it only applies for people with the xpac, then they can't help out buddies that don't have the xpac, etc. I dunno, seems like it could be odd.

Assuming all the rumors are true/near truth (which I personally think they are), I'm really curious as how it's all going to work with non-cata people. Like, is the old world makeover only going to apply for people with the xpac, or is it going to be available to all via content patch? If it only applies for people with the xpac, then they can't help out buddies that don't have the xpac, etc. I dunno, seems like it could be odd.

That's a good question.

I guess they'd have to make only the 80+ content exclusive to the expansion along with races/class combos.

It's also worth noting on that map that Silithus is completely gone except for a small island in southern Silithus. Lends a little bit of credence to the theory about C'thun still being alive.

What is on the opposing side of Westfall that sinks?

What what I see, Feralas and the Needles sinks. And the Barrens not only gets cut in two but loses 1/3 of it's area and gets an island slapped in the middle. Looks like some of Dustwallow gets swallowed to.

If all that is true that's some mad phasing going on.

What is on the opposing side of Westfall that sinks?

What what I see, Feralas and the Needles sinks. And the Barrens not only gets cut in two but loses 1/3 of it's area and gets an island slapped in the middle. Looks like some of Dustwallow gets swallowed to.

If all that is true that's some mad phasing going on.

1. Swamp of Sorrows

2. Let me help you out here with a hint: They can't phase terrain.

They can't phase terrain, but they can have a completely new copy of the world. Old Azeroth and New Azeroth being two different maps so to speak.

or maybe they'll just start everyone out at level 55 now, so no one has to do the new world shit anymore.

1. Swamp of Sorrows

2. Let me help you out here with a hint: They can't phase terrain.

That is true, phasing only really affects entities and minor objects (like buildings), the entire terrain is another matter entirely.

I would think such drastic changes would be reserved for WoW2, interested to see how Blizzard plays this.

Yea starting out at 55 is the dumbest shit I've heard in awhile. Look how many terrible DK's there were when WoTLK first got going.

There's absolutely zero chance of that happening because it would annihilate the new player experience and learning curve that they have.

They'll probably do the same shit they did with the BEs/Draenei for that. Most of that class lore (like hunters and rogues) were just copy and pastes from previous lore. Push to shove they can make little NPCs in the 10 - 20 zones to kill to get their quest done and be done with it, or simply refer the player to one of the old class quest NPCs.

Back