[Tich/Horde]The Core - Recruiting healers

I'm giving Nat some free bumps.

And also telling a good (and true!) story about the awful players I game with.

And also letting TribalWar get a good chuckle at my gear.

I hope you are counting yourself in with the "awful" players. If you come here and say hey guys my guild is awful... then people try and help you out with spec and gear and you tell them they dont know what they are talking about.

Zeph is trolling. It's what he always does.

I don't need help with spec. My spec is fine and it's not changing.

I need help with gear. I know what to get and where to get it but if my groups can't down bosses it's moot. I do appreciate the links anyway.

I asked the question about rotation and that's something I'm willing to experiment with. Arcane has had some really big changes even since Lich King launched, and more are on the way. It's sort of a moving target.

But really, I didn't come here asking for help. That should have been obvious from the start.

Zeph is trolling. It's what he always does.

I don't need help with spec. My spec is fine and it's not changing.

I need help with gear. I know what to get and where to get it but if my groups can't down bosses it's moot. I do appreciate the links anyway.

I asked the question about rotation and that's something I'm willing to experiment with. Arcane has had some really big changes even since Lich King launched, and more are on the way. It's sort of a moving target.

But really, I didn't come here asking for help. That should have been obvious from the start.

To be honest i havent looked at your spec but as you said you need more hit.... why wouldnt you take the +hit talent? you msut be hit capped and raid.... its the first thing you go and cap.

Data you said your dps was horrible, they are pointing out parts of your build that contribute to that and you're not taking their advice?

I don't get it

I have a hit talent (3%). The one I'm missing (additional 3%) is on the second tier of the Frost tree, which means I have to spec 5 points into a school of magic I rarely use just to get access to it.

Specifically:
3/3 Ice Floes benefits only Ice Block, Frost Nova, and Cone of Cold. That's less than 1% of my DPS, 1% of my CC, and a 10 second immunity on a 5 minute cooldown (4 min talented). Utility talents are bad right?

2/3 Frostbite, again, only benefits the Frost school, which is less than 1% of my DPS (Cone of Cold, extremely situational).

That's assuming I don't do something stupid like put all 5 points in Improved Frostbolt.

I have about a 6-7% miss rate on boss level targets right now. I should be able to close that gap with gear, not talents. I'm getting there, but dropping bosses (even in 5 man content) is holding me back right now for various reasons.

Data you said your dps was horrible, they are pointing out parts of your build that contribute to that and you're not taking their advice?

I don't get it

They're telling me to use the cookie cutter build.

The cookie cutter build is crap. This is much more in line with my play style.

The difference is literally 1% hit and a 20% 20sec haste buff on a 3 min cooldown. That's it. I gave that up for more survivability and couple of tricks up my sleeve (slow, which is actually a DPS increase because of TtW, and ImpCS).

You've already got black marks for your terrible build, now post a screenshot of your UI so you can be further rejected from this guild application (of healers).

Icy Veins during BL shits all over whatever DPS you think you're getting with your spec (and Imp. CS is useless), even if you ignore the free Hit (which you need).

Your spec sucks, stop arguing with fact.

It really sucks the game is 100% catering to players this bad and they can't even succeed at this

I don't see how you guys made it through vanilla wow or bc before 3.0

People who try not to be a focus target for the healers so they can maybe work on keeping the tank(s) alive care about survivability. If I'm taking damage I'm a liability to the raid and I'm not doing my fucking job. Mitigation/avoidance are part of that.

This is why we gear for frost resist on Sapphiron.

I'm not trolling I'm just calling you out for being bad. It makes complete sense to me now why your guild is so full of fail. You would have to fix your shit to even last in a "laid back" guild like StK before they started repeatedly making fun of you for being awful and benched you.(Or kicked you) Also, lol @ the idea of DPS classes needing mitigation.

if your spec isnt changing then please stop telling us how shitty your guildmates are when you are no better...

I love how you define me as a shitty player because my spec strays a few points from the "accepted" cookie cutter build in a direction that better suits my play style. That's awesome, and so very fucking typical.

Data you are ignoring talents that would help aid your performance until your gear catches up, hit/haste etc yet complaining about how bad others are. Why do you think anyone would let that slide?

So I take it StK does Sapph with less than 160 frost resist? You guys all have The Hundred Club achievement?
I'm certain they have, without even having to look at an armory because StK has players that are good and min/max accordingly. Pessi isn't in StK fyi.

Back