"Death" server only: Post your nicks here ...

Silvra - Level 38 Huntress (Temple of the Three Moons)
N'kara - Level 36 Healer/Channeler (guildless for now)
Kierston - Level 33 Confessor (Khar)

My others are Under 20 so they don't matter.

my update

well, galvan was due for reroll, so i scrapped him entirely,and started the build from scratch...

so now:

Saturnine r5 aelfborn dagger/blackmask/runecaster scout
Galvan r1 aelfborn bow scout (dropped the evles and their shitty con)
Themoun Tainking - r3 elvish bow scout
Jacke Skellington - r3 throwing dagger scout

update for me:

Boston - Elf/Mage/Fury/Animator - R5

Carelessness - Elf/Rogue/Thief/Bladeweaver/BountyHunter - R4

Destiny's Bastard - Aelfborn/Healer/Crusader/Blademaster/DarkKnight - R0

I have those runes for Destiny just can apply them yet :)

BTW maniacal every thought about trying a differnt class?

a lot actually... i want to make an aracoix ranger, and a shade fighter-warlock... but ill get to them later.

but i like the scout, and it was the first char i tried, and ive had to keep rebuilding it, cause each time i was able make it more and more effective... right now my r5 is much better than i thought he would be (7 rerolls enough?), i tried nearly everything (skills/powers) they had to offer (even after reading about them and the numerous templates for scouts)...came up w/ my own that i really like...

besides, ive become kind of spoiled after making my first scout... the only character thats not at the whim of assassins/theives... i dont really want to build a char that is susceptible to them :heart:

Elly - 36 Healer/Channeler/Ratcatcher
Vea - 1 Rogue/Bard/Archer/Huntsman

raising elly to hopefully r5 before starting vea.

vea is still in the works ^.^

Do you have a template laid out for that Aracoix ranger mani?

Also you might have already posted it, but a final template for your scout?

The Ranger looks interesting. I have been scouring forums for templates that I want to use. I can't decide on what to build. Game is still in process of shipping too.

;/

3 months paid though.

So far ideas are Centuar Warrior/Spear/DK/Glad/BH; Your Aracoix ranger...; mabye some kind of assassin (irekei or elf...); and I was thinking about a Centaur Ranger for a bow user... gotta see some more templates though.

I am not really into magic usage.

well, if you want ill post em, buts kinda long, so i ll do it later... plus itll just be a general outline... cause cookie cutting your characters is lame :[

anyway, im about | | that close to scrapping sb all together.

after a crash about 3 days ago, i logged in to find some of the points ive been saving a dex rune were missing (18 of them, to be exact), and then found that they had magically moved into spirit... i petition ccr immediately, but have yet to recieve any sort of response (not even an automated email response, that i know wouldnt help anyway, but still), so i petitioned again, same thing... getting a little frustrated that this r5 character maybe totally gimped by no fault of my own...

omw now to go complain right on ubis forums.

Vulcan1 said:
Does SP have a website/forums?

How about ST (duh?)
Silent Tribe

They have a Web presence as well as a fairly extensive forum section. I don't post there much, but from the little reading I've done there's a fair amount of activity.

I am down to three characters at the moment:

Krieger Fur Miete: Level 55, Half-Giant, Axe Warrior
Runes: Commander, Dark Knight, Huntsman

Frederich Nightingale: Level 35, Human, Healer/Confessor

Aren Linvale: Level 34, Irekei, Rogue/Thief
Runes: Traveller, Bounty Hunter, Rat Catcher

I'm seriously considering rolling an Irekei Healer/Prelate so I can equip "Animator" and "Blood Prophet", but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

All my characters are members of "Sowers of Discord", a sub-guild of the nation "Silent Tribe".

Last edited:
Actually, dammit, Irekei cannot be Prelates but they can be Bards. I'm going to have to check and see if Bards can equip "Animator" now. I really want a Healer/Buffer that has the Iron Golem *and* the DoT that comes from "Blood Prophet".

Maniacal said:
bards can take animator.
Yeah, I played around with the Character Builder a bit this afternoon while on another boring conference call.

The problem is I know nothing about the Bard class as in which "spells" are worth putting points into, how much mana they take (e.g.-how many points I should dedicate to SPR), etc.

I also need to check to make sure that he can take "Blood Prophet" while being a Bard as I want that nice DoT too. I think so, but I'll log my thief later and verify.

How many practice points do you get at level 60 in game? The Catacombs builder is bugged mabye, or else this guy is retarded. He has a template up that uses 633 prac points but on the Catacombs it says you can only have 536.

What gives?

error, you can ask me most bard questions. im rolling up my 2nd one now (32 atm) - i dont mind answering questions about the class

even if u r ST scum :)

Last edited:
Maniacal said:
you dont get any practive points at level 60; 59 is the last level you get practive points.
Heh catacombs gives you more at 60. What a buggy shit pile.

Does anyone know how many prac points you get at soft cap though?

Styr said:
error, you can ask me most bard questions. im rolling up my 2nd one now (32 atm) - i dont mind answering questions about the class

even if u r ST scum :)
"ST scum" ... :rofl:

Hey, R7 merchants and trainers. Best location on the map. More R4 mobs then anywhere but the KC "mainland". All in all, a nice place to play. It's being isolated from the mainland makes it a fun place to play with my sons as well who, being 7 and 8 years old, don't handle being PK'd too well.

Basically, my questions on the Bard class are so many I'm not sure where to start. I'll hit you with the ones I have in my head at the moment and we'll go from there:

1. Is any particular race more suited to being a Bard (such as Irekei and Thieves/Assassins)?
2. Which base classes become better Bards (Mage, Rogue, Fighter, etc.)?
3. Which "spells" are actually worth it (some sound incredible, but my first Mage taught me that what sounds "cool" prolly sucks ass)?
4. Are their "spells" mana whores or can I keep my SPR low?

Those are just the first four that I came up with.

:D

Error|550 said:
"ST scum" ... :rofl:

Hey, R7 merchants and trainers. Best location on the map. More R4 mobs then anywhere but the KC "mainland". All in all, a nice place to play. It's being isolated from the mainland makes it a fun place to play with my sons as well who, being 7 and 8 years old, don't handle being PK'd too well.

Basically, my questions on the Bard class are so many I'm not sure where to start. I'll hit you with the ones I have in my head at the moment and we'll go from there:

1. Is any particular race more suited to being a Bard (such as Irekei and Thieves/Assassins)?
2. Which base classes become better Bards (Mage, Rogue, Fighter, etc.)?
3. Which "spells" are actually worth it (some sound incredible, but my first Mage taught me that what sounds "cool" prolly sucks ass)?
4. Are their "spells" mana whores or can I keep my SPR low?

Those are just the first four that I came up with.

:D

i only refer to them as scum because they generally are lamers in my opinion, planning everything out and causing the game to no longer be fun (imo). but whatever floats ur boat :)

in response to ur questions:

support bard is probably best human. very flexible and versatile character. if you want to go dagger bard (possible w/blackmask rune, grants dagger mastery), go irekei for the dagger bonuses. elves make the best bards (esp. bow/xbow) imo, but irekei make better melee bards - which isnt really their purpose.

only mage and rogue can become bards. currently, there is very little reason to go mage bard. mages are meant to do damage, and if your making a mage bard for damage, you might as well roll a channeler. rogue bards have more hp.

right now, on my bow bard, i basically plan on GMing 3 chants + 2 spells(at the least, i believe). ballad of beregund the bold, run buff; regner's song of rending(sp?), dmg buff; rhythm of steel, haste buff. those are chants.

the other two spells im GMing is chant of the titans(not a chant btw) and ritardando. chant of the titans is a +50 dex/str buff that lasts 30 minutes at GM. great if your going bow (theres a +50 int and a +50 spi buff if you want to go mage, btw. but not worth it to me). ritardando is an insta cast snare/attack-spd debuff. it always hits the target, and is very good in conjunction with bow/xbow snares imo.

our exalted power, dance of derrac the dauntless (ddod), is auto GM'd. it provides essentially 20 seconds of invulnerability and costs 160 mana, but requires 115% bardsong.

all chant spells are free of mana cost (bard only), and can be twist endlessly. my elf bard only has 25 (?) spi, and about 300 mana at 32. this is enough, because my only mana drain is casting the dex/str buff every 20+ minutes and using ritardando.

--

to be honest about the bard class, its really easy to gimp yourself. if you want to make a group support, i would roll a dwarf priest, much much tougher to kill. my first bard was pretty gimp, melee bard w/blackmask. didnt work out that well, but bards arent made to be melee imo.

my bow bard is doing a lot better than my first bard. im double hitting 60% of my shots, and each hit does 130-160 dmg on average. the template im using for my bard is right here and i think its pretty good, but instead of bow im using crossbow.

--

this post is too long :eek:

have fun with the class, im open to more questions

edit: btw, ive already been invited to ST ;), but sinbad makes it teh gay :ugh:

but i think our guild is going LoD since sinbad is a fag

Last edited:
Back