Best stealth non-cookie cutter char? by BlueCream - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Best stealth non-cookie cutter char?
BlueCream
VeteranX
Old
1 - 07-07-2003, 04:38
What are your opinions on this.. I don't want the average stealth character but I want a strong one that can PK extremly well and solo pretty well also.

I was thinking of making an Irekie rogue Bard w/ daggers.

Irekie Rogue Bard

Starting traits:
Lightning Reflexes
Taught by master thief
Lucky

Disciplines:
Black mask

Stats:
STR:30/80
DEX:190/190
CON:76/85
INT:70/110
SPI:15/15

Prac:
Hide:30 (GM)
Sneak:21 (1st lvl of Skilled)
Backstab:20 (GM)
Dagger: 101 (140%)
Dagger Mastery: 41 (70%)
Light armor: 103 (130%)
Bardsong: 44 (70%)
Ritardando: 40 (GM)
Ballad of Beregund the Bold: 16 (2nd lvl of Journeyman)
Ragnor's Rede of Rending: 40 (GM)
Chant of the Titans: 40 (GM)
The Rhythm of Steel: 40 (GM)

How does it sound? Do you think this char will be viable?

Also, are Blade weavers and blade masters any good now?

Last edited by BlueCream; 07-07-2003 at 04:47..
Sponsored Links
Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 07-07-2003, 16:58
irekei dagger bards are far from uncommon, plus there are PLENTY of dagger users already, and more and more bards are popping up everday...

and depending part of your build on a godly rune (and a godly dex at that), is never a good idea, IMHO

you may or may have not noticed i have a certain affinity for scouts :E though making a non-cookie cutter scout takes a bit more effort... still, i think the scout is the best stealther...

if you really wanna step away, choose a weapon that few others use, and make something like a spear bard (LA + str/dex combo, or spear ranger (cap BC low)... or some sort of rogue barbarian, less hitpoints but you will get to stealth...

bladeweavers and blademasters can be cool, if you take a BW juice up your con (WP + Hearty will get you 85 con at creation, than you can a apply a 5, upgrade to 10, and then upgrade to 15, getting you 100 con... or more if you choose, like i did on my bw scout, and still have fairly good dex/int)...

not manly elves jack their con like that, so they end up being total pushovers (look at lokri...), but you can usually manage a decent hp/stam level if you try...

i like blademasters, but the class selection for them bothers me, any of the available rogue professions are substantially disadvantaged against fighter based BMs (as with most profs that can be both fighter and rogue based)...

BlueCream
VeteranX
Old
3 - 07-07-2003, 17:13
Back in beta when Black Mask gave stealth I had the ultimate stealthing char, nothing would be able to kill me (Granted holy resist wasnt in yet but still). I had an ambi human fighter crusader weilding dual faith hammers. Furies were very powerful at this time (bloodleach took 60% of your health and gave it to them) but I would still be able to kill em even when I was perma rooted w/ censure and my 60% heal. I had about 120 str, 150 con, 80 int, 50 dex, and 60 spi. Sigh I miss those days... even I would own mino barbs.

Now I was thinking of having a dwarf warrior w/ spear but no stealth and I don't think I can play a non-stealthing char at this point in SB.

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
4 - 07-07-2003, 19:32
aye

ive pretty much relegated my character list to all scouts at this point... i cant really bring myself to build others (ive tried others... barb, ranger, warrior, warlock, thief, assassin, fessor, druid)...

the only non-scout character i have now is my centaur spear warrior, and i really like him... but ill still keep my scouts... ive gotten rather good with them >;] even though they take a bit more patience... i have no interest in healer or mage based charcters (not anymore at least), they are overpowered, and all nearly the same...

although, if i get around to it, i _may_ deleted one of my scouts to try out a rogue-bard-blademaster...

Last edited by Maniacal; 07-07-2003 at 19:45..
Vulcan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
5 - 07-11-2003, 05:15
ever tried a throwing dag scout? i am thinking chicken/throwing dag scout.

need a thief tho. mmm steal owns.

i have made like 5 and had to delete them all to fill requests by guild.

bards are awsome. i wanna make one too. dunno tho.

Maniacal
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 07-11-2003, 13:59
everybody and their brother thinks dagger throwing scouts are somehting special cuase of xand, but dagger throwing scouts are really only exceptional in theory.

you can manage them well if you can scout well (what most people who make scouts dont understand), and have at least half a brain... but fatal flaws bring them down...

Last edited by Maniacal; 07-11-2003 at 14:02..

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Best stealth non-cookie cutter char?

Social Website Bullshit