Reload this Page posts are weeks apart
Page 2 of 4
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 01-07-2012, 10:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
All I know is that I am glad Feanag is not playing TOR.

Also, Happy, are you playing TOR?
**** TOR, I played for a weekend and it felt like space WoW. I'm not getting sucked into another MMO and will wait for GW2. **** Lucas in his old crusty ass, I refuse to play this game and have to resist some coworkers' constant prattle to try and GET me to play.

Also good you know you can't spell my name right you illiterate jack-off.

Last edited by Feannag; 01-07-2012 at 10:34..
Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
22 - 01-08-2012, 01:35
Well they certainly don't have much variety in the TOR quests. Find hub - get 2 or 3 quests for same area - kill everything - activate something - light/dark choice - move to next hub. Full voice for the non story missions is kind of a waste. They basically paid a lot of actors to explain to you how the Empire/Republic is completely incompetent and need you to bail them out again and again.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 01-08-2012, 12:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Well they certainly don't have much variety in the TOR quests. Find hub - get 2 or 3 quests for same area - kill everything - activate something - light/dark choice - move to next hub. Full voice for the non story missions is kind of a waste. They basically paid a lot of actors to explain to you how the Empire/Republic is completely incompetent and need you to bail them out again and again.
You couldn't tell before? Bioware is simply polishing on what Blizzard would/should have done (voice-acting, more story, etc.) but there is still no real innovation. The only real things I could possibly consider innovations are the companions and companion *****/crafting. Though that more just gives everyone a pet and shifts focus off the player, respectively.

Innovation is risky and doesn't always pay out, but sticking to the old standbys pays out reliably.

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
24 - 01-09-2012, 13:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
**** TOR, I played for a weekend and it felt like space WoW. I'm not getting sucked into another MMO and will wait for GW2. **** Lucas in his old crusty ass, I refuse to play this game and have to resist some coworkers' constant prattle to try and GET me to play.

Also good you know you can't spell my name right you illiterate jack-off.
+1 for GW2. So excited.

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 01-09-2012, 17:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
On the bright side you can spam spacebar and click random replies to speed up that process. Questing sucks balls, but I like that mobs are generally grouped so it's not like WoW where half the time mobs are too spread out to keep the XP train rolling.

Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 01-12-2012, 17:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
from what i heard its not a huge improvement over wow... im mainly playing LoL. i'd rather not get sucked into another mmo unless its revolutionary.
I don't think I have any issues with Happy's posts or contents of his posts, it's just that there aren't a lot of alternatives. I play LoL and Dota2 as well, but how much time can you really sink into those before getting bored?

I think everyone gets different enjoyment out of different games and for me right now MMOs are more of a social game for me rather than difficult-endgame grind that it was few years ago. Doesn't mean that aspect still isn't fun, just not the focal point anymore.

I would wholeheartedly agree with Happy and move on to a different game, but the fact of the matter is: Nothing significantly better is out.

I have SWTOR and I'm enjoying it, but that might be because I don't have a lot of expectation with it. To be perfectly frank, everyone saying it has an amazing storyline gets annoying after a while considering how many storylines feel exactly the same with different characters. I don't think Bioware did a horrible job, but it definitely feels 'rushed.' Considering that whole "rushed product" feeling is what everyone always complains about in every MMO, I would blame the gaming industry as a whole, not Blizzard, Bioware, WoW or TOR.

Just enjoy it chaps. Be glad Feannag isn't playing it and saying anymore dumb ****.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 01-12-2012, 18:39
if you want to socialize go to facebook

if youre getting bored of a game like dota then you lack competitive drive. its not the type of game you can ever get bored of unless youre somehow far and beyond the best at the game... and if that were the case you'd be making millions.

ive never gotten bored of a competitive multiplayer game. ive only moved on to funner and more superior alternatives.

Last edited by HaPpY; 01-12-2012 at 18:42..
Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 01-12-2012, 20:24
Quote:
if you want to socialize go to facebook

if youre getting bored of a game like dota then you lack competitive drive. its not the type of game you can ever get bored of unless youre somehow far and beyond the best at the game... and if that were the case you'd be making millions.

ive never gotten bored of a competitive multiplayer game. ive only moved on to funner and more superior alternatives.
I mean, I get what you're saying but socializing with people on facebook is different type/style of socializing than just having fun with people in a 5man/raid.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 01-12-2012, 21:42
I can not play and still say dumb **** if that is what you want.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
30 - 01-12-2012, 23:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I don't think I have any issues with Happy's posts or contents of his posts, it's just that there aren't a lot of alternatives. I play LoL and Dota2 as well, but how much time can you really sink into those before getting bored?

I think everyone gets different enjoyment out of different games and for me right now MMOs are more of a social game for me rather than difficult-endgame grind that it was few years ago. Doesn't mean that aspect still isn't fun, just not the focal point anymore.

I would wholeheartedly agree with Happy and move on to a different game, but the fact of the matter is: Nothing significantly better is out.

I have SWTOR and I'm enjoying it, but that might be because I don't have a lot of expectation with it. To be perfectly frank, everyone saying it has an amazing storyline gets annoying after a while considering how many storylines feel exactly the same with different characters. I don't think Bioware did a horrible job, but it definitely feels 'rushed.' Considering that whole "rushed product" feeling is what everyone always complains about in every MMO, I would blame the gaming industry as a whole, not Blizzard, Bioware, WoW or TOR.

Just enjoy it chaps. Be glad Feannag isn't playing it and saying anymore dumb ****.
Well I would say that 70% of the quests in the game are the shared side quests. Only real difference is light/dark and whether they call you "My Lord".

zeph
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 01-13-2012, 15:49
Happy doesn't like WoW anymore so none of us can still like it.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 01-13-2012, 17:33

TooL
Veteran²
Old
33 - 01-14-2012, 03:26
dota is boring as ****

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 01-14-2012, 06:46
you cant like wow because it is a ****ty game... you only say you like it to cover up for lame excuses like "because my other neckbeard bffs play it" and "i have nothing else to do!"

wow used to be a good game, now its basically second life with pandas.

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 01-15-2012, 11:00
i like my chars and i put in a lot of work and they're fun to play

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 01-15-2012, 12:17
Quote:
you cant like wow because it is a ****ty game... you only say you like it to cover up for lame excuses like "because my other neckbeard bffs play it" and "i have nothing else to do!"

wow used to be a good game, now its basically second life with pandas.
WoW still is a good game. I think if our guild was still active and pushing for server firsts and staying in the top 100 guilds in the world I'd hate the game, but we have a schedule that helps to avoid burnout and keeps things fun. It's a social game, and we log in once or twice a week (as a guild) and grief the **** out of each other whenever we possibly can.

Zeph gets life-gripped through the waves of ice almost every week on Hagara, and the last 2 weeks he's ran away from our priests so I've been the one pulled through to my death. Not to mention his going for world of logs records while we're chain life-gripping him out of melee range on all other bosses as well as making fun of other people in the raid.

Griefing people in LFR will never get old until they fix it. As long as we're allowed to queue with 5-10 friends and votekick out loot competition or chain life-grip arrogant players and friends, I'll be enjoying the game. Plus the hate tells when you win loot and pass it to guildmates are often priceless.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 01-15-2012, 16:43
it sounds like youre making your fun and it isnt being made for you... you could lock yourselves in an empty room and still have fun that way.

eldee
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 01-15-2012, 19:11
bring on diablo 3 imo

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 01-15-2012, 19:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldee View Post
bring on diablo 3 imo
Dunno how long that will take at this rate. With the rumors it's postponed due to dealing with trade laws in Asia (with the real-currency marketplace) it may be a while. And throw on top of that extra support/security they'll have to prep to protect accounts now when getting hacked means you could literally stand to lose money...

eldee
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 01-15-2012, 20:56
hopefully they figure out something soon this is my top game I've been waiting for, I quit wow in July and haven't had anything decent to play since.

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page posts are weeks apart

Social Website Bullshit