Old
4 - 01-05-2012, 04:24
i'm leveling my priest ... currently at 78

mage is full ruthless with cataclysmic helm/shoulders

might gear rogue/druid later

currently obsessed with priest, but i still dominate with mage

etc

darkmoon faire daily ****

beat deathwing on my mage in raid finder never get loot in raids anymore etc, which means blizzard gets more of my money monthly so i can keep playing to get gear etc etc

got the tol barad dragon mount on two chars, gonna get the spectral wolf on my priest this time

gemming/enchanting is ****ing expensive

shadow spec is fun but i often get gangbanged cause i'm pretty

call me when T:A is good

oh yeah i forgot to beat batman: arkham city.. doesn't feel as good as asylum but it's amazingly prettier on my PC with xbox controller plugged in GG ttyl

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
5 - 01-05-2012, 07:38
The big question is how long SWTOR will keep the masses, and if Panda bears are enough to swap back.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
6 - 01-05-2012, 10:05
Most of my guild is gone, never win anything in LFR (almost always rolling against 18 people, watch people win the same item twice and try to sell the other, etc.), not much point buying valor gear that gets wiped out with quest greens from Mists of Pandaria, which is a concept so stupid I think I might just skip it.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 01-05-2012, 10:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Most of my guild is gone, never win anything in LFR (almost always rolling against 18 people, watch people win the same item twice and try to sell the other, etc.), not much point buying valor gear that gets wiped out with quest greens from Mists of Pandaria, which is a concept so stupid I think I might just skip it.
Blizzard talked about wanting to curb that somewhat. It doesn't feel very epic to replace your heroic raid gear with the first quest drop that comes along, simply because it's a higher item level. But the "item crunch" they're talking about doing is completely the wrong way to fix it. They need to re-itemize on a curve, but they probably won't because it's too much work and the WoW team lost its creative drive sometime in 2009 after Ulduar.

If anything, Mists will fail because it's just more of the same game we've been playing for 7 years. It was a good run, but it's time to move on.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 01-05-2012, 10:55
I doubt MoP will trump TOR and I am done with WoW and refuse to play TOR. The Star Wars fanboy base is far older than Warcraft's and seems Bioware did a decent job making "
compelling" storylines. It really only helps them the concept of MoP is just all out bad, I mean pulling out the April fool's joke lore after so many people pined for it for years in a feeble attempt to combat a rival MMO? If they had put the pandas in earlier it probably would have been okay, now it just looks sad.

It also doesn't help a pattern is moving that started in Cata. I think the reason Cata was bad right off the bat was they spent so much time revamping classic content. At the time the average player has 3+ alts, what reason is there to go back? This time around I'm sure they'll spend most of their time doing that "item level crunch" they are professing will stop the gear gaps between expansions, but it is too little too late.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
9 - 01-05-2012, 11:00
Problem is that they don't have any more real central villains left to use except Sargeras, which is obviously not something they would want to use until the final expansion. Honestly they probably should've used Deathwing's antics as setting the stage for a new invasion of the Burning Legion, but that would probably involve more cataclysmic like "everything gets destroyed" changes to the main world.

LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
10 - 01-05-2012, 15:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
I doubt MoP will trump TOR
TOR Has 350k Concurrent Players and Minimal Impact on WOW « furiousfanboys.com

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 01-05-2012, 16:12
like i know u guys r saying wow is dead cause ur done playing but my server has more people that it ever has and is continually growing

like i don't feel what u guys r saying in-game

instant queues for bg/dungeons as well

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 01-05-2012, 20:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
The big question is how long SWTOR will keep the masses, and if Panda bears are enough to swap back.
if people go back to wow panda land then SWTOR must be some srs fail

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 01-05-2012, 20:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNimAL View Post
like i know u guys r saying wow is dead cause ur done playing but my server has more people that it ever has and is continually growing

like i don't feel what u guys r saying in-game

instant queues for bg/dungeons as well
probably because they shut other servers down and sent everyone to yours

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 01-05-2012, 21:47
no they just opened like 10 new servers and wow population is at its highest

/propaganda

KI
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 01-06-2012, 09:22
I canceled my wow account for the first time since I opened it back in November 2004. I kept it open through some lulls but there's really nothing left in the tank for me with regards to this game.

I agree that cata's premise of revamped old content would have made much more sense earlier in the life cycle, but the raiding, game, dailies etc feel so old hat. They were talking to the current lead designer (Chilton I think) and he said they are trying to find ways to keep people interested but after reading the proposed changes nothing is exciting me.

I felt going from lich king to Cata the mechanics grew more cumbersome on the healing side, and while they had a goal of making dps more responsible for failures healers still took it in the jaw. Combine that with ghostcrawlers "we want people to have longer times between cool downs so they can watch the raid and their feet" and I know on my druid I went from working to maintain a decent rotation and having fun to just plain being bored.

Oh well, the game was a success and I definitely got my entertainment dollars worth but eventually you just have to admit it's time to move on.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 01-06-2012, 11:19
Yeah it had an exceptional run but with dev teams changing close to every expansion and an aging engine there is only so much you could do to keep it going. They really should throw in the towel after MoP (since they have most of it done already) and just bank on that silly "secret MMO" the original WoW dev team was pulled in to do.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
17 - 01-06-2012, 15:19
Well it's pretty obvious that most of Cataclysm's design was in revamping the world and not the end game. I'm still not even sure what Deathwing's plan was. Destroy the world I guess by destroying it. He bursts out, does nothing except form a cult and resurrect some old world bosses . . . there's some elemental themes and Egyptian mythology, but whatever. The Dragon Soul raid feels kind of phoned in, nothing new that you're exploring it's just Wyrmrest temple with a few old god pits, followed by a copied airship fight.

Everything just felt so uninspired. Now we move into an expansion with no central villain. There will be asian mythology everywhere, more "do this daily for 6 months to upgrade that one trinket from il459 to il476" zones, more recolored monsters, etc...

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 01-06-2012, 17:24
All I know is that I am glad Feanag is not playing TOR.

Also, Happy, are you playing TOR?

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 01-06-2012, 18:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Well it's pretty obvious that most of Cataclysm's design was in revamping the world and not the end game. I'm still not even sure what Deathwing's plan was. Destroy the world I guess by destroying it. He bursts out, does nothing except form a cult and resurrect some old world bosses . . . there's some elemental themes and Egyptian mythology, but whatever. The Dragon Soul raid feels kind of phoned in, nothing new that you're exploring it's just Wyrmrest temple with a few old god pits, followed by a copied airship fight.

Everything just felt so uninspired. Now we move into an expansion with no central villain. There will be asian mythology everywhere, more "do this daily for 6 months to upgrade that one trinket from il459 to il476" zones, more recolored monsters, etc...
i bet it's sargeras!

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 01-07-2012, 03:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
All I know is that I am glad Feanag is not playing TOR.

Also, Happy, are you playing TOR?
from what i heard its not a huge improvement over wow... im mainly playing LoL. i'd rather not get sucked into another mmo unless its revolutionary.

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page posts are weeks apart

Social Website Bullshit