Woman gets $625 thousand from NYC

Brasstax

Contributor
Veteran XX
NYC to pay Jazmine Headley $625k after police ripped son from her arms

NEW YORK — New York City will pay $625,000 to resolve a lawsuit filed by a mother whose toddler was yanked from her arms by police in a widely seen online video, the city's Law Department said.

Jazmine Headley sued the city in August alleging trauma and humiliation and seeking unspecified damages over the December 2018 incident at a Brooklyn benefits office.

In February, she testified before the city council, which offered her a public apology and passed legislation aimed at improving how people are treated at benefits offices and making the system more transparent.

On Friday, the Law Department said the city will pay to resolve the lawsuit.

"Through her intelligence, bravery, and grace, Jazmine Headley turned the worst ordeal of her life — and of any parent's — into an opportunity for change for the entire city," Headley's lawyers, Katherine Rosenfeld and Emma Freeman said in a statement.

Dec. 11, 2018:Charges dropped against mother after police rip 1-year-old son from her arms in video

On the video, police officers are seen pulling Headley's 18-month-old son away from her as they responded to a call about a dispute with a security guard.

Headley, 24, was arrested and spent four days in jail before Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez dropped charges of obstructing governmental administration, resisting arrest, endangering the welfare of a child and trespassing.

Gonzalez said he was "horrified by the violence depicted in the video" and said the situation should have been handled differently.

Headley's lawsuit alleged that her child suffered physical, mental and other injuries and that Headley's name and image would forever be associated with that "traumatic and violent experience."

The first thing that ran through my mind was - holy shit, we are doomed if these are the type of people we employ and then taxpayers have to cover for the idiocy.

The next was, I wonder if some of the officers were involved in a plot along with the woman? That would be too easy - Hey Shavana, you come down to the building. Start some fuss. We will take Tyson away from you. Then, you sue and we split up the damage award. k?

I wonder how often that kind of shit goes on.

Whatever.

ya i'm sure this woman wanted the cops the tear her baby son out of her hands like they were ripping a stump out of the ground

typical liberals :nuts:

What the video doesn't show is the 45min leading up to the incident where she basically refused all requests and direction before the police had to be called.

You know a high-priced weasel in a suit immediately sprang into action to sue the city of New York on her behalf. *cha-ching*

"Through her intelligence, bravery, and grace, Jazmine Headley turned the worst ordeal of her life — and of any parent's — into an opportunity for change for the entire city," Headley's lawyers, Katherine Rosenfeld and Emma Freeman said in a statement.

Oh puh-lease... never a more "lawyer-speak" laced line of drivel. Yeah, "change for the city", as in the HRA will no longer be able to refuse to pay for child support, least there be more half-million dollar settlement "incidents".

She was getting social assistance from the city for child care and when the city stopped paying... she went into the HRA office with her 1-year old and argued with them about it, creating a scene. When the city refused to reinstate her child care, she protested by sitting down in the middle of the queue and refused to move... for almost an hour before the police were called and then the police negotiated with her for several more minutes before finally having to detain her by force... and that's when the video magically starts recording (naturally).

She chimped out and used the kid as leverage to shield herself from being arrested and now she'll get all the child-care she needs for the next 20 years. courtesy of NYC taxpayers.

Jazmine Headley allegedly used baby to shield her from cops

And all the left-wing media cry in unison; Oh woe for poor Jazmine! Another victim of the fascist police state! Arrested for mothering while black!

Last edited:
i knew a poor chick who won $150k in a class action suit against a drug company. it lasted about 3 years and she lives with her mom now. first $80k went to lawyers and taxes. then $30k brand new car, probably at least $20k to poor friends and family sticking their hands out, the other $20k went to paying off loans then rent. i tried to talk her into buying the same model car used for a third the price and making a down payment on a house, but when you've never had more than a thousand dollars in your bank account, that amount seems infinite.

tbh i don't blame them. wealth these days is such an abstract concept of numbers on websites, our brains aren't made to grasp that. you have to have drilled into you from the day you turn 7 that goods do not all have value, money is work/social energy, debt is a product you have sold, etc., and very few parents understand that let alone convey it to their kids. i sure as shit don't have any instinctive sense of it, luckily i'm talented so i can earn enough to live. this is the stuff schools should be teaching instead of whatever the fuck a hydrogen ion is.

Last edited:
the crime is the sheebooooooon who obviously can't listen for over 2 hours

not the people trying their best to coerce her into listening

trying to remove her from harming her child with her idiocy

but of course clown world gets this backwards again

and pays out just enough victimhood lottery dollars (thanks taxpayers) to encourage more of this kind of behavior they are well best known for

and of course nobody on the other side will be fired for this

despite somehow being blamed and legally negligent

making it even more insulting

same way UC Davis paid taxpayer money to the kids when that cop pepper sprayed them years back

and then the cop sued for wrongful punishment for pepper spraying a bunch of silly little shits

and HE ALSO WON

EVERYONE WINS....NOBODY ACCOUNTABLE.....WE ALL PAY

So really they win........we lose

payday candy bar pit for losers and fuck up and :ftard:

that is what taxes and society is really for now

enjoy

Last edited:
Back