Ho playbook (near) complete

From what I can tell, I think I've just about got everything in the playbook covered.

We moved into a house together, had a child, and now we are married. I don't know what the next steps are, but I'm sure y'all will fill me in.

At any rate, this is just a thread to say that I got married. Cheers! :cheers:
Congratulations! :cheers: I hope you have a good long life together.

You can go on vacation with a dog at home, but yes, it would be better to wait a few years until the kid is older. You don't board the dog, but have it stay at a friends house. I do book shorter vacations because of having the lab at home. For example, I'd like to go back to Hawaii, but it's kinda hard to book a full week if our dog has to stay with a friend.

Install a camera system. You'll want a couple cameras pointing at the front yard (your cars) and one inside the home pointing at the front door (usually where the dog hangs out looking out a window). Then when you go out to dinner, you can see what is happening in the home. Could also install a camera in the kids room and the living room. Then if you have a baby sitter come over, you can watch what is happening.

That's great if you don't get brainwashed to divorce when the kid turns 4. You'll probably end up going on trips to DisneyWorld. Most women get brainwashed by the mouse, they go every year and want to be experts on the resort. Even after the kid has outgrown the place, they still want to go back every year.

Last edited:
have you decided on what extremely expensive hobbies you are going to pick up, claiming you'll sell things online, but really you just spent $1000 on equipment to make things for yourself and free for friends?

have you decided on what extremely expensive hobbies you are going to pick up, claiming you'll sell things online, but really you just spent $1000 on equipment to make things for yourself and free for friends?
Excellent points. What sex is the kid? If a girl will you...
1. Let her take horse riding lessons and go to horse camp (which leads to getting a horse) and wanting a ranch (sky is the limit).
2. Put her in soccer which is what most parents do. Piano lessons would be the other cheap idea.

For boy or girl, will you
1. Put them in private school costing thousands of dollars? Then ignore them when they turn 18 and need the help the most? (kid turns into a pot head and flunks out of school getting a McJob)
2. Let them duke it out in public school, telling them to get straight A's in HS and a scholarship to the state public university for 5k a year versus 25k a year (private)? Some kids rack up 200k in student loans with no job to show for it. State public university is the way to go, but the kid needs the straight A's in HS. When the kid is in HS and college is when they need your help the most with tutors to get through the weed out classes.

And actually, the thing you want to identify, is whether your kid has a photographic memory.

Last edited:
Her kid is half asian/half texan, so it's going to be quite a battle to see which side wins out. There might be a bull riding math wiz hybrid thing happening.

Her kid is half asian/half texan, so it's going to be quite a battle to see which side wins out. There might be a bull riding math wiz hybrid thing happening.

:lol:

We have a boy. We already have funds set aside to send him to a charter school. They're the only ones worth a damn in this area. As for hobbies, I imagine he will end up playing a few spots along with the violin. I'm told it's an Asian thing.

Sorry there's too many kids here for me to micromanage them like that.

also, micromanaging your kids will get you kids who grow up dependent on you. Treat them like adults when they reach puberty, let them make decisions and let them learn about responsibility and consequences, they will make some mistakes but will be much better for it when they are adults.

We never spied on our kids (like the commercials want). Never told them not to drink, smoke, date etc. Talked openly and honestly about pro's and cons of those type decisions. Never pushed College, Military, or anything. Explained what we knew of each, told them choice is theirs.

None of our Kids got pregnant, none arrested, none smoke. all 4 chose college, 3 of which have graduated and working in their fields. The other 2 years in. Never had any real trouble with any of them (couple scares with alcohol, but they survived and learned).

All I do for them now is keep them in shitty cars which I don't mind. pretty sure 2 will be financing new cars this year. Oh, and they all work and never ask for money.

Yeah, we weren't the perfect affectionate parents and that we do regret, but is what is, but all in all we done pretty good I think. For the negative parents, I feel bad for you, I have liked the entire ride from birth to present day, and it just keeps getting better.

YMMV

Excellent points. What sex is the kid? If a girl will you...
1. Let her take horse riding lessons and go to horse camp (which leads to getting a horse) and wanting a ranch (sky is the limit).
2. Put her in soccer which is what most parents do. Piano lessons would be the other cheap idea.

For boy or girl, will you
1. Put them in private school costing thousands of dollars? Then ignore them when they turn 18 and need the help the most? (kid turns into a pot head and flunks out of school getting a McJob)
2. Let them duke it out in public school, telling them to get straight A's in HS and a scholarship to the state public university for 5k a year versus 25k a year (private)? Some kids rack up 200k in student loans with no job to show for it. State public university is the way to go, but the kid needs the straight A's in HS. When the kid is in HS and college is when they need your help the most with tutors to get through the weed out classes.

And actually, the thing you want to identify, is whether your kid has a photographic memory.

I couldn't disagree more. Good Luck NGFM, I think you will need it.

Back