How much do you care or know about your diet?

Avocados are $1 on sale at Publix. Normally $2 each.
Most veggies are $2-3 bucks, but after you buy a few, adds up to $20. And if you go Organic (Which I think is a joke), it's even more. That's why most people eat a $1 hamburger at the fast food place. I'll give an example of the average prices to make MGJ from the grocery store (Publix).
Kale - $3
Celery - $3
Cucumber - $3
Ginger - $1
Lemon - $1
Apples - $5.00 for a bag of organic
Carrots - $2 for a small bag
Total is $18. Do you think most people can do this? No.

Healthy food is not sold in volume, and it goes bad fast. For example, grocery stores sell packaged salads. But a small one is $3, and a large one is $6. Heck, even fast food places sell salads, but once again, they cost more than that $1 hamburger.

In my case, I buy what I can in bulk at Costco, along with the fruit bag for smoothies. Costco Menu board at the food court.

costco_food_court.jpg

The pizza slice is $2, hot dog is $1.50, and the salad is $3.79. What do you think people are buying? I never see people buying the salad. Pizza and Hot Dogs.

Last edited:
The prices you quoted are cheap. I never leave the grocery for under a $100 bucks. :(

Also roids piss me off, inflates the shit out of what you think you can accomplish.

So I just watched the Rock's daily diet of 5,000 to 7,000 cals a day. How do people eat that many cals and put on zero body fat?

Is it counter balanced by insane amounts of lifting, steroids, ...?

Because he's a guy with extraordinary muscle mass, which increases his BMR drastically. So sitting still he's probably burning the calories you are at the gym, and then on top of that he probably spends 3-4 hours in the gym, and not just walking around listening to his headphones and flexing in the mirror.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-money/food/cost-eat-like-dwayne-rock-johnson/

Had to have someone making those meals for him. That's crazy.

So right now, the MGJ ran out. I'll make smoothies and freeze them. One could go to Costco and buy one, or they have a fruit Acai bowl, but it's $5. I've seen people buy it but I haven't tried it yet. Laurie just texted me, she's going to make a different juice today. Bombay Sunrise = Oranges, Carrots, Beets, Ginger.
costco.jpg

What do you think people are going to buy? They bring their kids in and get the hot dog and soda for $1.50.

Last edited:
The prices you quoted are cheap. I never leave the grocery for under a $100 bucks. :(

Also roids piss me off, inflates the shit out of what you think you can accomplish.
Don't you live near the Bay Area or, am I confused?

Yeah, I can easily fit $100 of groceries in 1 standard sized nylon grocery bag.

https://www.gobankingrates.com/saving-money/food/cost-eat-like-dwayne-rock-johnson/

Had to have someone making those meals for him. That's crazy.

So right now, the MGJ ran out. I'll make smoothies and freeze them. One could go to Costco and buy one, or they have a fruit Acai bowl, but it's $5. I've seen people buy it but I haven't tried it yet. Laurie just texted me, she's going to make a different juice today. Bombay Sunrise = Oranges, Carrots, Beets, Ginger.
costco.jpg

What do you think people are going to buy? They bring their kids in and get the hot dog and soda for $1.50.

We just got a costco last year. We should hang out!

All this talk has gotten to me - weak in my old age I guess-

I have dropped all caffeine. This was not hard for me, as I do not drink coffee, and was not a huge drinker of caffeinated sodas. I stick to water, some OJ, milk (fu, I like it) and green tea...like some green tea.

I have also cut back on the sweets in general. I am a cookie holic, and have managed to not eat a friggen cookie for the last week. I even avoided buying any this go round at the grocery.

Baby steps I guess. :lol:

We just got a costco last year. We should hang out!
Yep, my eye doctor is there, tires, battery, gas, and you can even call the food court and ask them to make you a large veggie pizza (which is not on the menu). Pay for the pizza at the register when checking out your grocery items, and pick it up without waiting in the food court line. Take home the pizza and put the left overs in gallon size zip lock bags. A large veggie pizza for $10 is good.

also, that is a bigly waste of gallon size ziplocs (which r very expensive)

get urself some saran wrap w/ the slide cutter on the box

u will thank me tomorrow :cool:

All this talk has gotten to me - weak in my old age I guess-

I have dropped all caffeine. This was not hard for me, as I do not drink coffee, and was not a huge drinker of caffeinated sodas. I stick to water, some OJ, milk (fu, I like it) and green tea...like some green tea.

I have also cut back on the sweets in general. I am a cookie holic, and have managed to not eat a friggen cookie for the last week. I even avoided buying any this go round at the grocery.

Baby steps I guess. :lol:

Ya! I am the person like you, but i may drink a cup of wine everyday.

Back