awesome fix for plugins windows 8

groov

Veteran XX
Problem: Plugins dont work in Windows 8/10. NoFiX's pluginloader (rasadhlp.dll) doesn't load.

Reason: In 8/10, there is a registry entry that specifies that the AutoDialDLL, rasadhlp.dll - is in \windows\system32 and should always be loaded from there. This was probably done to avoid .dll hijacks - but we want this particular one!

Fix: Remove the path to rasadhlp.dll in the registry. This reverts to the Win7 and below behavior where programs will load rasadhlp.dll from the current working directory before looking at \system32

Tribes_win8or10_PluginFix_REG.zip

I tested with win 8.1 & 10 but shouldn't break anything if you accidentally use it on 7 or below cause that's what they're already set to

old:

[strike]NoFiX's pluginloader doesn't load in windows 8, tribes loads rasadhlp.dll from the \windows\system32 folder instead of the local folder (i don't know why)

fixed tribe.exe

Tribes_141_win8_pluginfix.zip[/strike]

Last edited:
just tried, no love :\

also toggled off SafeDllSearchMode via registry a few days ago and it doesn't seem to make a difference either

For software developers there are a number of actions they can take

Use SetEnvironmentVariable(TEXT(“PATH”),NULL) API which removes the path environment variable from its search order
Change default installation folder to C:\Program Files
Use fully qualified path when loading DLLs, i.e. LoadLibrary(“C:\\program files\\MyApp\\mylibrary.dll”);
Use SetDllDirectory(“”) API removing the current working directory from the search order

fucked with the installer i had, set it to install to program files but no go :\

the other stuff is outta my league, i dont think tribes was ever really supposed to load rasadhlp from the working directory anyways... or if it even explicity loads it or it just gets loaded as part of windows api to autodial connections

i miss nofix

idk since i install windows 8 fonts dont work 4 scripts

scriptgl fonts work fine 4 me

win8fonts.jpg

Back