Missle launcher in T3.... by HomeSlice - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Missle launcher in T3....
Page 2 of 2
TerroX
Veteran5
Old
21 - 03-24-2003, 03:05
oh jeeze, okay no ELF, no missiles, no turrets, no satchels, no mines, no mortar aiming arc on beacons/target, no waypoints!!!!

Sponsored Links
XY...
VeteranX
Old
22 - 03-24-2003, 03:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerroX
oh jeeze, okay no ELF, no missiles, no turrets, no satchels, no mines, no mortar aiming arc on beacons/target, no waypoints!!!!
Sounds fine to me... (except for mines).

Sir Lucius
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 03-24-2003, 03:26
I'm glad threax has said something similar to: We're starting with a weapon that shoots discs and then we add unto that.

What does that mean? It means we don't HAVE to have a chaingun, blaster, mortar, plasma gun, elf, etc. It means they're going to add weapons as they add to the elements of gameplay -- NOT b/c they were in a previous tribes game.

Let's take the rocet laucher for example. If you take away its autoaim then you're left with a weapon that dumbfires. In that case it's really no differnt than the disclauncher -- so why even add it?

People keep thinking there's going to be a shrike like vechilce in t3 that has long rang blasters and close range ramming. But for all we know they thing could fire rockets! and crush istelf whenever it runs into anything like the t1 scout. If that were the case it would become a much close range vehcile of engagement, and perhapes a disc could be able to damage it.

It seems silly to argue so much about this when what we're arguing over has to do with tribes 1 and 2. I know it's fun to speculate, but as far as tribes 3 goes we know little to nothing.

TerroX
Veteran5
Old
24 - 03-24-2003, 03:48
yeah pretty much sums it up.

No mortar would be interesting.
Plasma is the same as a Disc too, nothing like that needed.

Beren
Tribalwar Aussie
Contributor
Old
25 - 03-24-2003, 04:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lucius
I'm glad threax has said something similar to: We're starting with a weapon that shoots discs and then we add unto that.

What does that mean? It means we don't HAVE to have a chaingun, blaster, mortar, plasma gun, elf, etc. It means they're going to add weapons as they add to the elements of gameplay -- NOT b/c they were in a previous tribes game.

Let's take the rocet laucher for example. If you take away its autoaim then you're left with a weapon that dumbfires. In that case it's really no differnt than the disclauncher -- so why even add it?

People keep thinking there's going to be a shrike like vechilce in t3 that has long rang blasters and close range ramming. But for all we know they thing could fire rockets! and crush istelf whenever it runs into anything like the t1 scout. If that were the case it would become a much close range vehcile of engagement, and perhapes a disc could be able to damage it.

It seems silly to argue so much about this when what we're arguing over has to do with tribes 1 and 2. I know it's fun to speculate, but as far as tribes 3 goes we know little to nothing.
Well said.

R@ND0M
VeteranX
Old
26 - 03-24-2003, 04:53
I think the Plasma could serve a purpose if it could penetrate shields, and was effective against turrets w/ shields. Or maybe do more damage against heavy.

I wouldn't miss an ELF or Missile Launcher, although I would definately miss the mortar.
It's one of the key weapons that keeps Tribes playable for people with high ping.
I'd love to see a grapple or speed/strafe jumping for fast indoor movement

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Missle launcher in T3....

Social Website Bullshit