How I lost 16 lbs of stubborn fat

Yes, arguably doing those things are good for your health, but I think most people were just pointing out that that is pretty much unrelated to weightloss where the most (and basically only) important factor is really how much you eat compared to how active you are.

But I think eating healthy is really important so kudos for that.

And I keep pointing out that, no that is wrong. Because again, as I've tried to describe, weightloss is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether or not your body is storing fat. People all the time, cut down their calories to a low level and then exercise a lot. In the process, they feel terrible, and end up losing muscle, and very probably damaging their bodies. This is a lifestyle that of course can't be sustained, and in the end they boomerang and become even fatter (having a higher percentage of body fat, and having genetic stores of fat in various places).

While I never stated anyplace that you can eat more calories then you burn and not expect to have a problem, what I did state, from my own experience, is that you can sustain or even lose body fat by modifying your diet, the foods you eat, and the ways you consume those foods, regardless of whether you are exercising a lot or not. Again, I think people should exercise, but often people exercise, and don't change their diet, and can't understand what they are doing wrong, when they can't achieve the results they want. In fact, to get the results people often desire in terms of achieving a lean body mass, exercise and weight training and dietary and lifestyle changes are required. There is no way to get to a low body fat level without dietary changes, assuming that someone is already at a high percentage of body fat.

This is true for the vast majority of people, but of course doesn't include people who have a freakish metabolism, or who are exerting themselves far beyond the norm, (pro athletes etc).

Last edited:
My gf does that shit, it works pretty well and is just generally healthy. I am slowly getting into it but drink too much fucking beer to really get anywhere.

And I keep pointing out that, no that is wrong. Because again, as I've tried to describe, weightloss is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether or not your body is storing fat. People all the time, cut down their calories to a low level and then exercise a lot. In the process, they feel terrible, and end up losing muscle, and very probably damaging their bodies. This is a lifestyle that of course can't be sustained, and in the end they boomerang and become even fatter (having a higher percentage of body fat, and having genetic stores of fat in various places).

While I never stated anyplace that you can eat more calories then you burn and not expect to have a problem, what I did state, from my own experience, is that you can sustain or even lose body fat by modifying your diet, the foods you eat, and the ways you consume those foods, regardless of whether you are exercising a lot or not. Again, I think people should exercise, but often people exercise, and don't change their diet, and can't understand what they are doing wrong, when they can't achieve the results they want. In fact, to get the results people often desire in terms of achieving a lean body mass, exercise and weight training and dietary and lifestyle changes are required. There is no way to get to a low body fat level without dietary changes, assuming that someone is already at a high percentage of body fat.

This is true for the vast majority of people, but of course doesn't include people who have a freakish metabolism, or who are exerting themselves far beyond the norm, (pro athletes etc).

I'm not sure what your first sentence means, because I'm not wrong...and your post then goes on to corroborate mine. If you do not consume as much as energy as your body uses you will lose weight. Period. Depending on how you do it, you may lose some muscle mass, but you will also lose fat and though you may be living unhealthy by doing so, you will fucking lose weight. You mention that some strategies are easier to sustain than others. I do not disagree. Yet that doesn't contradict my statement. My statement is simply that if you put less food into your body than your body uses for a long enough period of time, you will lose weight. Now, as you state, there is no way to get to a low body fat level without dietary changes...and the main change is to eat less. You can eat very healthy foods, but if you overeat, you'll still gain weight.

And the lazy unhealthy eating choice can definitely be sustained. There are many skinny people who don't exercise and eat unhealthy. So they are sustaining that lifestyle.

GJ man!
i've been trying to lose weight but can't seem to drop that much.
The past couple months i have lost 5-8 lbs which has gotten me down to 178.

Honestly i think i just need to get some cardio in my daily routine, but i fucking hate running around as i feel like a moron jogging around outside.

I'm not that big but i want to lose the fat i have on my body and tone myself. My body hasn't been toned for years and years and years.

Meet up with me at goodlife :p

If you're still living here

Back