[Brink]New FPS from Splash Damage

There is actually some talk that this may happen with portal 2, a surprise release like 4ish days earlier then expected.

Brink could be great, splash damage has put out some games with good potential that never really worked out over the years, theoretically they could get it right this time. But the lack of a good beta and the focus on the console versions makes me doubt it :\

Console port trash.

Thats what I'm thinking.

All videos released so far have been on the PC with a console controller yet the FOV is fucking small as shit which is designed for console limitations. Hopefully this game isn't shit...

If you post your concerns (Like I did on the FOV) on their website be prepared to listen to a guy named Horse educate you on a game that he hasn't played but mysteriously knows so much about even when the Media doesn't have that information...

I wish cocksucking Fanboys would go die in a meat grinder toes first.

Agreed, I'm dumb.

You're right though, that does give him incentive to try to call ofn.
I was just bored.

I also didn't notice you were the OP of both until I got to that post (I thought there were 3 threads total until I saw the post date/OP) lol.

Thats what I'm thinking.

All videos released so far have been on the PC with a console controller yet the FOV is fucking small as shit which is designed for console limitations. Hopefully this game isn't shit...

If you post your concerns (Like I did on the FOV) on their website be prepared to listen to a guy named Horse educate you on a game that he hasn't played but mysteriously knows so much about even when the Media doesn't have that information...

You might be able to adjust the FOV but because the game is designed with the low FOV setting you end up with graphical glitches like being able to see into your arms or sometimes the weapons where the 3D model just doesn't extend far enough with a higher FOV setting.

In Crysis 2 a higher FOV setting also glitches your view when you're near a wall - the view clips inside on the edges and you can see through objects you shouldn't.

BRINK is the only FPS I have looked forward to since ET:QW, honestly. I've had a chance to play the game twice, first at QuakeCon 2010, and more recently at PAX East, and I can tell you that the game is not only different, but fun.

If you ever played Enemy Territory, RtcW, or ET:QW, you know how awesome class-based/team-based/objective based gameplay can be. Also part of those games was a very high skill ceiling due to the ability to mess with the idtech engine's physics and "strafe jump" to achieve faster movement (see: SKIING). My hope is that the new movement system in BRINK will also have a similarly high skill ceiling when it comes to traversing the maps, which seems to be the case; the SMART movement system seems to allow for some truly interesting stuff.

I couldn't care less whether BRINK takes off as a popular FPS title, but if the competitive features are there, and there is as high of a skill ceiling as I hope, I will be fucking jumping for joy. The many competitive FPS communities of the internets desperately NEED a new eSports title to latch onto. I'm going to support this game as best I can :)

Thats what I'm thinking.

Its the doom 3 engine, its designed for the PC. How could you not adjust all those video settings? There should/will be console access, whether it be the developer, or a 3rd party hacker doing it.

All videos released so far have been on the PC with a console controller

Dunno where you got that info but I remember the bethesda twitter guy said most game footage was from the PS3 build.

Makes sense too, considering most of the footage you can see it's asking for buttons like 'X' or 'O' tha only exists in the PS3 controller, which last i checked, doesnt work with the PC without some hacky apps.

isn't BRINK some kind of asian video format?

i think you mean BINK =p

Dunno where you got that info but I remember the bethesda twitter guy said most game footage was from the PS3 build.

Makes sense too, considering most of the footage you can see it's asking for buttons like 'X' or 'O' tha only exists in the PS3 controller, which last i checked, doesnt work with the PC without some hacky apps.

Really? Those buttons only exist on a PS3 controller? What were on PS1 and PS2 controllers then?

And using a PS3 controller needs some hackey apps indeed! :rolleyes: Like a driver and usb cable.

How to Use a PS3 Controller for a Computer | eHow.com

Really? Those buttons only exist on a PS3 controller? What were on PS1 and PS2 controllers then?

lol, what the fuck are you saying? In the video people are playing on the PS2 or with a PS1 controller?

And using a PS3 controller needs some hackey apps indeed! :rolleyes: Like a driver and usb cable.

How to Use a PS3 Controller for a Computer | eHow.com

Holy shit, how badly do you want to prove people wrong on the internet? YES, ps3 controller drivers exist on the internet but nothing official from sony(like microsoft has) and the few drivers that my brother tried a few years ago either didnt work at all or were seriously flawed.

Jesus christ man, go outside.

BRINK is the only FPS I have looked forward to since ET:QW, honestly. I've had a chance to play the game twice, first at QuakeCon 2010, and more recently at PAX East, and I can tell you that the game is not only different, but fun.
I'm glad to hear this coming from someone like you.

I played the fuck out of W:ET, and only really quit when I bought ET:QW, which I played the fuck out of until I started playing WoW. I expect Brink to take my attention off of WoW. My biggest complaint with ET:QW was the factions didn't have the balance of W:ET, so with the few exceptions where map design favored GDF, the smarter players stacked Strogg. Brink looks to be a return to the balance, with the only difference between the rebels and security forces being the models and skins used.

Hopefully I won't be disappointed by some glaringly obvious advantage to one team that hasn't been mentioned or discovered by people that have played it already.

Agreed with Fish. I'm really looking forward to this game, but i'm definitely not getting my hopes up as far as how 'good' it will be. At least it's somethign different from the typical call of duty swill out there.

Back