[World Cup] football thread

best team won
loved the WC this year but wish the sides of the brackets were a bit better balanced...not that they could have been but anyway

rofl Putin's umbrella is just pouring water on Macron

Last edited:

Fun final, was worried France was going to sit on it after the first goal but game was wild and open for most of theatch.

Also shouldn't allow the opposing team that deep into your box (coaching mistake), and shouldn't head it into your own goal (player mistake).

80% African, 50% Muslim French Team. Refugees ruined France to a World Cup victory!

I still don't understand how these unknown countries end up in the world cup. What leagues do they have? You're saying they throw together a bunch of people who can play soccer and that's it? Is the secret a few black people who can run fast with some white dudes? I mean, what is the formula for each country and can the USA do it?
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Teams - FIFA.com
Look, there's all 32 teams. How did most of them get there? For example, I don't hear about a soccer league in Iran, yet they were there.

Last edited:
I still don't understand how these unknown countries end up in the world cup. What leagues do they have? You're saying they throw together a bunch of people who can play soccer and that's it? Is the secret a few black people who can run fast with some white dudes? I mean, what is the formula for each country and can the USA do it?
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Teams - FIFA.com
Look, there's all 32 teams. How did most of them get there? For example, I don't hear about a soccer league in Iran, yet they were there.

2018 FIFA World Cup qualification - Wikipedia

What should've been a good game was ruined by shitty calls. Croatia significantly outplayed France for most of it and then just ran out of legs. In the end, France did enough to earn a 3-2 win if you want to argue non-calls/overturned goals, etc. Good for them. Both were deserving sides at the end of the day.

Back