cherry mristmas

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
24 - 10-12-2017, 11:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
gosh before you know it they'll start letting negros join!
they will be more tolerant and diverse than coombz neighborhood and home rentals

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
25 - 10-12-2017, 11:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MD5]Hash View Post
I thought that's what the Girl Scouts were for?

I'm not sure I understand the point of this.
i think u get the point just fine then

one giant freakshow and clown town

where sex doesn't matter and we can piss and **** wherever we want to

no societal norms or structure

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
26 - 10-12-2017, 11:21
Boy Scouts just want to take over that cookie market, capitalism man!

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
27 - 10-12-2017, 11:22
very possible and plausible

late stage capitalism man

it gonna get good

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
28 - 10-12-2017, 11:26
I don't see the issue with letting girls pursue Eagle Scout in a new program. There's probably less than a handful in the whole nation interested in that anyway. I do think it's unlikely you see anyone clamoring that boys should be allowed to join the Girl Scouts though.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
29 - 10-12-2017, 11:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
I do think it's unlikely you see anyone clamoring that boys should be allowed to join the Girl Scouts though.
there is the rub in my head

World champion Caster Semenya 'is a hermaphrodite with no womb or ovaries' - Australian newspaper's shock claims over gender-row runner | Daily Mail Online

it feels like we have had these discussion before regarding other events

how if you just let men into female sports they would dominate and even Bruce Jenner would still be winning gold medals today

i mean we have male and female distinct groups for a reason

then we try to pretend there is no reason

all sexes are equal

then we realize there were reasons

all sexes are not equal

then we go back to fighting over the victimization that prompted male and female sports teams and groups to begin with

rinse and repeat forever apparently

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
30 - 10-12-2017, 11:34
this one has nothing to do with merit based competition as much as it has to do with why we have boys and girls dorms. why that is a thing......a thing we still do

it is almost like we could learn something from that too

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 10-12-2017, 11:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
is this the whine of the week? i thought we were still doing nfl
We already won that fight, try to keep up ****-face.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 10-12-2017, 11:42
How can they keep up when their entire world is on fire?

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 10-12-2017, 16:30
Why not just have "Scouts".

I thought being a Scout was a measure of ones own potential against yourself, not against or compared to others. So, why can't a girl strive to be an Eagle Scout under the same requirements expected of a boy? having a female "boy" scout is awkward, hence just dropping the distinction and merely having scouts.

Segregating the girls and boys apart from each other for specific conditions like into troops and dorms seems logical... but why in their expectations and goals? Why distinctions like Girl Guides bake cookies and Boy Scouts tie knots? Why do we make such gender specific associations? Would it be strange to think of a boy baking cookies or a girl who can tie a knot?

Boys and Girls are not homogeneous in every aspect. It's not a coincidence that we have two genders (and only two). Otherwise we'd just be "humans". We do differ in our development and perspectives. Our distinctive differences have not evolved to be entirely superfluous and superficial. Perhaps we are guilty of shortchanging the capacity of a genders potential by putting them into a box that under values them.

Like the idea that woman are incapable of driving a car. Not just the mental capacity to understand how to drive a car, but the physical capacity to operate the controls of the machinery. Obviously the mental capacity is irrelevant, woman clearly have the cognitive capacity to understand how to drive, but there was a time when society actually presumed that woman would be intimidated by the task or it just wasn't something a woman did. It was un-lady-like. Maybe in the earliest of days there was a case for the physicality of driving a car. There wasn't power steering, power brakes, electric start or other mechanical assists to reduce the physical demand of properly operating the car. However, that isn't true any more and today it's ridiculous to think that driving is beyond the capacity of a woman.

The Boy Scouts are an organization that is 105 years old, the image of what a "boy scout" should be was was established at a time when society had similar preconceptions of what defines the image of a boy and a girl in their development and demeanor, much like their capacity to drive a car or do other things.

cael
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 10-12-2017, 17:04
am i the only one who thinks eagle scouts are all dorks??

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 10-12-2017, 17:37
@Hellsfury

ummm, have you seen women try to get in and out of parking spaces?

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 10-12-2017, 18:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
@Hellsfury

ummm, have you seen women try to get in and out of parking spaces?
I knew this joke was inevitable...

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
37 - 10-12-2017, 18:52
joke?

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 10-12-2017, 18:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
Why not just have "Scouts".

I thought being a Scout was a measure of ones own potential against yourself, not against or compared to others. So, why can't a girl strive to be an Eagle Scout under the same requirements expected of a boy? having a female "boy" scout is awkward, hence just dropping the distinction and merely having scouts.

Segregating the girls and boys apart from each other for specific conditions like into troops and dorms seems logical... but why in their expectations and goals? Why distinctions like Girl Guides bake cookies and Boy Scouts tie knots? Why do we make such gender specific associations? Would it be strange to think of a boy baking cookies or a girl who can tie a knot?

Boys and Girls are not homogeneous in every aspect. It's not a coincidence that we have two genders (and only two). Otherwise we'd just be "humans". We do differ in our development and perspectives. Our distinctive differences have not evolved to be entirely superfluous and superficial. Perhaps we are guilty of shortchanging the capacity of a genders potential by putting them into a box that under values them.

Like the idea that woman are incapable of driving a car. Not just the mental capacity to understand how to drive a car, but the physical capacity to operate the controls of the machinery. Obviously the mental capacity is irrelevant, woman clearly have the cognitive capacity to understand how to drive, but there was a time when society actually presumed that woman would be intimidated by the task or it just wasn't something a woman did. It was un-lady-like. Maybe in the earliest of days there was a case for the physicality of driving a car. There wasn't power steering, power brakes, electric start or other mechanical assists to reduce the physical demand of properly operating the car. However, that isn't true any more and today it's ridiculous to think that driving is beyond the capacity of a woman.

The Boy Scouts are an organization that is 105 years old, the image of what a "boy scout" should be was was established at a time when society had similar preconceptions of what defines the image of a boy and a girl in their development and demeanor, much like their capacity to drive a car or do other things.
What a cuck... I'm not sure who here can even rival this retard.

You think gender is just some social construct and that women and men don't have predilections for certain things, let alone strengths (even though they are evident in ****ing newborns).

I mean, you just used ****ing car driving as an example. Do you know how stupid and oblivious you are? Any clue?

Edit: Not that I give a **** what Boy Scouts do, but it is most definitely pandering to females as the known weaker sex, but parading it as they are equals.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 10-12-2017, 19:01
so whats wrong with girl scouts

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
40 - 10-12-2017, 19:02
they are admitting that the female part of it has made it inferior

the sexes are not equal......they are complimentary