Haha - Yeah, I do!

Sponsored Links
Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
162 - 07-02-2008, 23:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
because you dont study your faith and its history. if you were a true christian you'd be passionate about your faith and spend your time learning instead of wasting our time with this thread and misguided biblical one liners that even your local pastor would at.
I stated earlier that I only recently converted. A few weeks ago. I have only read a few books of the Bible. Granted I am not as knowledgable about the Bible as others but I wanted to have conversations with others about God on TW. And maybe help a few fence sitters on the correct path.

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
163 - 07-02-2008, 23:31
Quote:
Its an interesting video but it contains a lot of flaws. You're better off reading something by Dawkins or Harris if you want some anti-religious material.
Agreed, it just happened to be on the movie page I was looking at.
Even Zeitgeist is better produced, even if it does devolve into conspiricy theory.

Spoiler

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
164 - 07-02-2008, 23:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
So for einstein to get into heaven easier, he should have a lobotomy.

It's a logical extension of your statement.

And wouldn't it be a lot easier for god to achieve all of his objectives without being so dramatic about it? Granted, people wouldn't want to believe it nearly as much then.
All I am saying is it is harder. Another analogy would be it is harder for someone borne of poverty to attend college then it is for someone who is rich.

Even Einstein believed in God.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
165 - 07-02-2008, 23:33
I like how Happy has this nice preconception of what a Christian is. The irony is, he doesn't have the faintest idea. "Hey...what's the age of the earth? Whaaat? You don't know! Blasphemy!"

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
166 - 07-02-2008, 23:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
Even Einstein believed in God.
Uhh....no.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
167 - 07-02-2008, 23:34
Quote:
I stated earlier that I only recently converted. A few weeks ago. I have only read a few books of the Bible. Granted I am not as knowledgable about the Bible as others but I wanted to have conversations with others about God on TW. And maybe help a few fence sitters on the correct path.
You've only posted here a few years too.

I'm not the first to tell you that TW is the LAST place you'll get any sort of good response. Not to be rude, but you're honestly wasting your time in a thread.

PM me if you want to discuss it. I was a very devout catholic for more than 20 years, and have been "godless" for about 5. I know more about the christian religions in general, and the catholic one in particular, than most people you'll ever know.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
168 - 07-02-2008, 23:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
Haha - Yeah, I do!
pssst...pick up a book or two.

Gil
VeteranXV
Old
169 - 07-02-2008, 23:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened One View Post
Uhh....no.
"god does not roll dice"

was a comment he made about the probabilities and randomness inherent in quantum mechanics.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
170 - 07-02-2008, 23:34
I love everyone's curiousity about the Lord! I hope some of you at least try my experiement. I think it will do wonders for you all.

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
171 - 07-02-2008, 23:35
Well, at least we all agree that Scientology sucks. Everything else is negotiable

DillingerEscp
VeteranXV
Old
172 - 07-02-2008, 23:35
old testament had a god that was a big bully to anyone against him.

Roman empire ruled, and people were sick of it.

all of a sudden you have Christ who preaches a whole new message of loving your neighbor, and whatsoever you do to the least of these, you do unto me.

It was a refreshing message at the time, but the message had a big pile of **** behind the curtain.

thats your ****ing religion.

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
173 - 07-02-2008, 23:35
Sipher have you ever watched zeitgeist?

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
174 - 07-02-2008, 23:35
Quote:
pssst...pick up a book or two.
Pssst - I did - your book, and it's complete bull****.

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
175 - 07-02-2008, 23:35
Quote:
"god does not roll dice"

was a comment he made about the probabilities and randomness inherent in quantum mechanics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein
In the letter, according to the A.P. account, he wrote that “the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.”

node
VeteranX
Old
176 - 07-02-2008, 23:36
Quote:
Well, at least we all agree that Scientology sucks. Everything else is negotiable

Plunk
VeteranX
Old
177 - 07-02-2008, 23:36
Quote:
God does not state the age of the Earth. People (biblical scholars) who try to trace the age of the earth though the genalogy given earlier in Genesis or through other methods are wrong in thinking that this alone would be enough.

I do not offer scientific proof of God's existence. I only offer the spirtual food that I have been given through the grace of God and the Holy Spirit.
Can you offer any proof? Perhaps non-scientific? Maybe some sort of logical, philosophical proof? This has been attempted many times throughout history.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
178 - 07-02-2008, 23:36
Quote:
You've only posted here a few years too.

I'm not the first to tell you that TW is the LAST place you'll get any sort of good response. Not to be rude, but you're honestly wasting your time in a thread.

PM me if you want to discuss it. I was a very devout catholic for more than 20 years, and have been "godless" for about 5. I know more about the christian religions in general, and the catholic one in particular, than most people you'll ever know.
The most sinful of places is where God needs us the most my friend. Jesus did not come for the righteous, he came for the sinners. That is why he dined in the homes of tax collectors and whores while everyone judged him for it.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
179 - 07-02-2008, 23:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened One View Post
Uhh....no.
Um..yes.

Quote:
Einstein is probably the best known and most highly revered scientist of the twentieth century, and is associated with major revolutions in our thinking about time, gravity, and the conversion of matter to energy (E=mc2). Although never coming to belief in a personal God, he recognized the impossibility of a non-created universe. The Encyclopedia Britannica says of him: "Firmly denying atheism, Einstein expressed a belief in "Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of what exists." This actually motivated his interest in science, as he once remarked to a young physicist: "I want to know how God created this world, I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the rest are details." Einstein's famous epithet on the "uncertainty principle" was "God does not play dice" - and to him this was a real statement about a God in whom he believed. A famous saying of his was "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
180 - 07-02-2008, 23:38
Quote:
Fair enough, fair enough.

Page 9 of 27

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
athiesm , badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , boy must be sacrificed , bullshit , christian , delusions , free gon , fuck christians , fuck jesus , gay priest , get a mind of your own , goth , irrational , jesus built my hotrod , kill the boy , nogodforme , overpopulators , priest touches boy , reggs , religious fuck , shitlicks for jesus , suicidetaxi is god , will smith