Going Vegan

Scud

Veteran XX
I am considering going vegan. Has anyone here switched teams and went from a carnivore to a plant based diet? If so how easy/difficult was it?

You're going to need a multivitamin. The bioavailability of vitamins and minerals in plant sources is fucking awful for a lot of the essentials.

Scud in the house.

Dude - just do the Jared Subway thing but instead - just eat Impossible Burgers from Burger King. And leave the kids off the side.

Eat them 3 times per day. Get an endorsement. Profit.
Report back.
Ready go

Hi scud
I'm just bumping your thread until NoGodForMe gets here. Are you planning this diet because of ethical reasons or for healthy reasons?

Hi scud
I'm just bumping your thread until NoGodForMe gets here. Are you planning this diet because of ethical reasons or for healthy reasons?

I am already pretty healthy, I workout 6 days a week, referee soccer, and eat pretty healthy. I am wanting to make the change to take my endurance and fitness to the next level.

Scud in the house.

Dude - just do the Jared Subway thing but instead - just eat Impossible Burgers from Burger King. And leave the kids off the side.

Eat them 3 times per day. Get an endorsement. Profit.
Report back.
Ready go

Good idea but I'm not fat....

jared was not fat, he was a child rapist. on the commercials they said the sandwiches helped keep him from raping children, but eventually it was not enough.

in the court testimony he said the chicken teriyaki sandwich reminded him of the supple flesh of young babies and that is when his cravings returned. it was the chicken teriyaki sandwich that did him in.

If you switch to a diet that requires you to take a bunch of supplements just to be healthy, it's a shit diet.

When you hear people saying they switched over and after the first week or two felt better than they have ever felt, that's just because they are eating enough fiber for the first time in their lives, and everything is easy to digest, but if you look at their physicality 1 or 2 years later, its easy to see, just by seeing them, that they are not in peak health.

It has a negative impact on your social life because you will always annoy people when you eat socially with all of your special rules and accommodations.

Instead of veganism, why not try just reducing your meat/dairy intake first. Use a milk alternative, and focus on eggs/fish/yogurt for protine, perhaps turkey too. Going all the way to veganism is an extreme.

What are your reasons for wanting to be a vegan?

Back