Jahoda Duck broke my computer {Tech Experts}

mstrike

Veteran XV
So I come home from KKKalifornia and my computer is off. I always leave it on because we all know how your up-time correlates to the length of your e-penis..

Anyway, when I power her up, all the fans spin and lights turn on, but the son of a bitch doesn't post. No beeps or anything. Then it restarts itself after 5 seconds before finally staying on. Tried running the computer with the minimum components to get to BIOS (motherboard, processor, 1 stick of RAM, and power supply), but it still refused to post. The power supply is the oldest part in the PC, and is usually the first thing to go during a power surge, so I assumed it was the culprit. After purchasing a 850w Thermaltake PSU, I was sure I would back up and running in no time. NOPE. So this makes me think it's either the mobo or the CPU.

I am beginning to think that it wasn't a power surge at all. Jahoda Duck didn't like the pictures I took of him, so he somehow remotely sabotaged my computer.

What say you, TW? I've been meaning to get a quad core for a while now, should I just splurge or is there anything else I can try?

the computer gods are upset with you

the only way you can appease them is to do a photoshoot for tw

Take out the RAM, if it doesn't beep, then it has to be processor or motherboard.

Reset your BIOS and if that doesn't work, get a new motherboard first, then replace the processor if it still fails.

Take out the RAM, if it doesn't beep, then it has to be processor or motherboard.

Reset your BIOS and if that doesn't work, get a new motherboard first, then replace the processor if it still fails.
well, if i get a new mobo, i'm getting a new processor too.

what about pictures of the rare jahoda duck

or pictures of the rare jahoda duck with jizz on his feet?

Both will be acceptable.

If you take out all the RAM and it beeps, then its probably video card, but the video card failure also should beep. So its more than likely processor or mobo. Are you sure the mobo speaker was working in the first place? It wouldn't be the first time I replaced a motherboard I didn't need to because the speaker was fucked and not beeping for my ram fault.

Both will be acceptable.

If you take out all the RAM and it beeps, then its probably video card, but the video card failure also should beep. So its more than likely processor or mobo. Are you sure the mobo speaker was working in the first place? It wouldn't be the first time I replaced a motherboard I didn't need to because the speaker was fucked and not beeping for my ram fault.
well, it used to beep when i started it up - made a little DOOT DEET noise. so if that's the same speaker, then yea, it does work.

due to my initial test, i don't think it's the memory or the video card. has to be the mobo. goddammit.

The obvious solution is giants.

lawrence-taylor-at-1.jpg

Open the computer and check for molding pizza slices and sandwiches. If found, consult Rick Smith. Otherwise, if you're going to replace both if it's either the processor or the motherboard, just do it and not worry about troubleshooting it. If it's not beeping at all without RAM, it's gotta be one or the other.

Since you leave your machine on all the time, it most likely could be your chipset. Does your chipset have just heatsinks or a fan as well?

Back