Don't Bank with Bank of America

Fling,
What you want to do is called 'pay for delete'.

Contact the collection company and tell them you will pay the balance in full in exchange for removing the item from your credit report entirely. Make them give you a written contract stating this BEFORE you pay. Otherwise this shit is on your credit report for the next 7-10 years.

Fling,
What you want to do is called 'pay for delete'.

Contact the collection company and tell them you will pay the balance in full in exchange for removing the item from your credit report entirely. Make them give you a written contract stating this BEFORE you pay. Otherwise this shit is on your credit report for the next 7-10 years.

You can also dispute it. If they don't respond in 30 days, it's off the report...and let's face it, 30 days is pretty short for any sort of bureaucracy, there's a good chance they'll just blow it off.

Ran into this recently myself as well, they had been charging me like 8$ or something stupid every month for several months before I noticed it. Downgrade the account to "E-Banking" but really I should just cancel it.

This is why I use a small local bank with 3 branches. I used to work for a large bank which is why I don't bank with a large bank. They will try and fuck you over more than apple does.

lol @ people using money market accounts, 1.5% just doesn't cut it (at best)

btw ally bank has some sick incentives to open up beats out ING right now, so does everbank.

I don't know much about Ally. Are they legit? I really want to gtfo from B of A and I don't really want to go to a big bank like Chase or Wells Fargo.

So it's something like Ally or a Credit Union and I'd like the flexibility of using any ATM at $0 cost.

This is basically why I left BoA. They love changing policies/fees/adding new fees/etc. without any real notification unless you read some ridiculous fine print at the bottom of your paper statement (and if you opted not to get those, sucks to be you).

And soon it'll suck to be you if you didn't opt not to get those, as major banks are starting to charge ridiculous fees for every paper statement they send out. I'd be using a credit union already if I didn't get special perks at Citizens because I work at an "affiliate."

Back