Page 1 of 2
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 01-17-2021, 17:01
Phil Spector, Famed Music Producer and Convicted Murderer, Dies at 81

What a creepy ****.

So, the "Wall of Sound" is cool. Not original. But, it was a good push to the music industry at the time.

RIP - join the others in the void.

Sponsored Links
FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 01-17-2021, 18:13
goodbye Full Sphincter whoever the **** you were

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
3 - 01-17-2021, 18:26
phew, for a second i thought phil spector was phil collins

this thread is now about phil collins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 01-17-2021, 18:27
Full Colons > Full Sphincters

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 01-17-2021, 18:29
Full Colons is an enema bag.

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 01-17-2021, 18:32
TAKE THAT BACK

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 01-17-2021, 18:37
OK - let me walk it back a bit - he used to be known as a douche in the industry. It has been years. Perhaps Phil is a wonderful human now.

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
8 - 01-17-2021, 18:41
he was until he dide

RIP

now in morning

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 01-17-2021, 18:42
wut

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 01-17-2021, 18:43
huh?

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
11 - 01-17-2021, 18:44
so sad

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
12 - 01-17-2021, 18:50
You are now in mornings for Full Colons?

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 01-17-2021, 19:25
Not gonna feel bad for a dead pedophile and murderer scumbag like this degenerate.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
14 - 01-17-2021, 22:39
He produced End of the Century by the Ramones. So he wasn't all bad.

Also Brass**** I think you missed a word from thread title.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 01-18-2021, 00:47
Yeah. At least one.

Also:
Quote:
Conflict
This method of recording caused conflicts to arise. Bassist Dee Dee Ramone wrote of Spector's obsessive techniques: "Phil would sit in the control room and would listen through the headphones to Marky hit one note on the drum, hour after hour, after hour, after hour."[10] During the recording of "Rock 'n' Roll High School", Johnny was forced by Spector to repeat his part hundreds of times over the course of several hours. Sire Records owner Seymour Stein relates: "To Johnny, this must have been like the Chinese water torture."[11] "I understood [Spector's] attitude," said Marky. "He was from The Bronx, I was from Brooklyn. We got along very well and had a nice rapport... But he had his way of working that was very slow, and the Ramones had their way of working which was very fast. So that would sometimes irk everybody, and led to animosity with Johnny and Dee Dee."[12]

Early in the sessions, Spector reportedly held the Ramones hostage at gunpoint. According to Dee Dee, when Spector took Joey away for a three-hour private meeting somewhere in his mansion where the album was to be recorded, Dee Dee went looking for them. "The next thing I knew Phil appeared at the top of the staircase, shouting and waving a pistol."[13]

He levelled his gun at my heart and then motioned for me and the rest of the band to get back in the piano room ... He only holstered his pistol when he felt secure that his bodyguards could take over. Then he sat down at his black concert piano and made us listen to him play and sing "Baby, I Love You" until well after 4:30 in the morning.

***8212;***8201;Dee Dee Ramone[14]
Johnny gave a similar account in a 1986 interview:

He always carried three guns around with him...We were prisoners in his house for about six hours, and we thought we were gonna get shot. I said, ***8216;Let***8217;s go,***8217; and he pulled out a gun and said, ***8216;Do you wanna leave?***8217; I said, ***8216;No, that***8217;s OK, we***8217;ll stay for awhile.'***8221;

***8212;***8201;Johnny Ramone [15]
However, in 2008, Marky Ramone gave a different account of the story:

"There were no guns pointed at anybody. They [guns] were there but he had a license to carry. He never held us hostage. We could have left at any time"

***8212;***8201;Marky Ramone[16]
Dee Dee claimed to have left the sessions without recording anything. "We had been working for at least fourteen or fifteen hours a day for thirteen days straight and we still hadn't recorded one note of music,"[13] he wrote in his autobiography. After supposedly hearing that Johnny had returned to New York, Dee Dee wrote that he and Marky Ramone booked a flight and returned home as well. "To this day, I still have no idea how they made the album End of the Century, or who actually played bass on it."[13] Dee Dee's account contradicts much of the band's collective account from the 1982 Trouser Press interview, where the band stated that the only track that Johnny, Dee Dee and Marky did not play on was the cover of "Baby, I Love You"; as the band, save for Joey, had gone home after cutting basic tracks for the rest of the album.[17]]

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
16 - 01-18-2021, 14:05
Interesting. I like the album, but it's definitely not their best and many hard-core fans thought it drifted too far from the raw Ramones sound, overproduced.

All original line up dead now. 3 of them didn't make it out of their 50s. Lived hard and fast.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 01-18-2021, 14:14
Once in awhile I ponder the question - "If I had to choose one band only for the rest of my life, who would it be?". The Ramones are always in the contender list.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 01-18-2021, 14:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Once in awhile I ponder the question - "If I had to choose one band only for the rest of my life, who would it be?". The Ramones are always in the contender list.
I like this question but that would not be my answer. Honestly pinning it down to one band would be hell for me.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 01-18-2021, 14:28
i'd have to flip a coin between Priest and Maiden.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 01-18-2021, 22:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy Pop View Post
I like this question but that would not be my answer. Honestly pinning it down to one band would be hell for me.
Zappa always beats the Ramones for me in this hypothetical. It starts to get more difficult from there.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Later murdering Phil Spector due to COVID

Social Website Bullshit