[Release Thread] Overwatch

He is used to pro players have twitchy movement, and they almost always have Lucio with constant speed boost running so playing against people that walk in straight line is easy pickings. I remember hearing Seagull say that jumping is bad in most cases because it makes your movement predictable, which IDDQD completely took advantage of when almost every time mercy jumped he got a head shot on her way down.

tbh that looks like a very agile and quick sniper. rockets while moving is much different. pharah is a rip off of shifter or ren

4 more skins are from the monkey king

wukong=monkey king
zen=monkey kings mentor
rein=river monster
roadhog=pig monster

this game is currently my favorite online game after quake(1996), tribes1(1998), starcraft(1998) dark age of camelot (2001),world of warcraft(2004), dota2(2013).

2 of my favorite player right now:

calvin - one of the best aimer in the world Twitch
codey - #1 sombra in the world Twitch

my current eDPI = 2800 (copied codey for his crazy accuracy using sombra and widow), dpi = 1000, in game sens =2.8, widow scope (currently trying out 40). For such low eDPI its mostly arm, not much wrist..

ctf is pretty shit so far but mostly due to implementation

if you're solo pubbing, you will either get stomped by team farming crates or face other pubbies turtling ending in draw

if it becomes a true game type and gets refined a bit, it might be interesting.

li jong tower really shouldnt have been their first ctf map. Most current overwatch maps shouldn't be ctf either. they are all heavy choke point centric and just make capping a cluster fuck.

i dislike the flag being an "objective" and you have to stand on it for a few secs in order to carry but I guess that's so tracers and genjis cant just quick cap.

ctf is pretty shit so far but mostly due to implementation

i dislike the flag being an "objective" and you have to stand on it for a few secs in order to carry but I guess that's so tracers and genjis cant just quick cap.

ya this is true, seems like it's casualfied in order to avoid stomps. maybe it will be good when a meta arrises and ppl conform to it and make better games. idk how to play it yet truthfully. will give it a few more shots tho.

some stuff i've learned:

-mei's walls are great to put up behind the flag so you can stand on it and grab.
-tanks still great in this gametype
-meta might be map centric (there are 3 i believe) like rein i think is really good on night market to push into the choke
-torb seems good on garden but maybe not on night market or control center

I've only played 3 games of Ctf, but I like it. Can definitely see many troll tactics though. Having to stand n the flag is kind f annoying, but I understand. Speed boost Lucio p fun

Ended up trying CTF last night.

I enjoyed it, and i agree 4 or 5 on O seems to be the way to go. My only complaint is that the maps are clearly not designed for CTF.

Rein on O is fun, shield and you grab or a friend grabs.

ctf is fun with a team

but let's talk about DVA for a second...

RIP DVA, we barely knew ye
Yeah DVA got fucked hard. Roadhog hook headshot + melee = dead mech

Nice "tank"

I thought roadhog fix would nerf him hard but it doesn't feel like it in pubs. Maybe roadhog mains in comp will see a diff but they just fixed a cheap glitch people abused. Hook + corners or lost LOS was just broken and one of the most frustrating ways to die.

Yeah DVA got fucked hard. Roadhog hook headshot + melee = dead mech

Nice "tank"

I thought roadhog fix would nerf him hard but it doesn't feel like it in pubs. Maybe roadhog mains in comp will see a diff but they just fixed a cheap glitch people abused. Hook + corners or lost LOS was just broken and one of the most frustrating ways to die.

i think they need to balance the game more by giving tanks same or more hp and less damage. after all they are "tanks" not "dps".

whats the point of picking a dps (mccree) if you can just pick something that hit just as hard with more hp (hog)?
if u want to climb ladder quick hog is prob best pick now.

Back