[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Yeah, if you proceed legally, this WILL NOT be good for the dealership. In the end, they will be handing out two giveaways of some sort to keep everyone quiet.

The fact of the matter is I really don't want to drag the other couple through the mud. It really has nothing to do with them and they are a month away from their wedding date and don't need something else to think about.

Really all I care for is proof that the contest was audited fairly. I'll look into the lawyer route later today. Even getting it in the news will effect the other couple and I really don't want that. I think I will also try and get in contact with a PR person at feldmann to let them know that a company they payed to hold a fair and unbias contest didn't seem to follow through on their contract.

And yes as was stated by some one a few posts up. This has been an amazing start to my fiancee and I's lives together. Its amazing how many people put in votes for us whether they knew us or not.

don't feel bad for the couple. that is part of being a couple is you deal with things together ;) and it's not just you that is being hurt by this it's all the TWers who put in their time and did this fairly only to be screwed over in the end.

I'd do as others have suggested and get a lawyer. it's not going to cost you anything to just call up some firms and ask what they think about this.

If the couple that won was as considerate of you as you are of them, don't you think you would have heard from them by now (I'm assuming you haven't of course)? They cheated and don't care and are laughing at you, your fiance, and all of TW.

Well I would like to be the bigger person :p

I am attempting to get a private line of communication established with both feldmann and the contest administration. If they don't want to take me up on it I'll take the public route. I'll try calling a few lawfirms this afternoon.

Honestly I don't necessarily want to tarnish the good that was all of this support for my fiancee and I as a young couple with a big long legal process. Not that I think it would be big or long and a certified letter may be enough but its still a possibility.

Well I would like to be the bigger person :p

I am attempting to get a private line of communication established with both feldmann and the contest administration. If they don't want to take me up on it I'll take the public route. I'll try calling a few lawfirms this afternoon.

Honestly I don't necessarily want to tarnish the good that was all of this support for my fiancee and I as a young couple with a big long legal process. Not that I think it would be big or long and a certified letter may be enough but its still a possibility.
The "bigger person" wouldn't just let them walk all over you because they felt like it.

You won fair and square, make them fucking honor it.

Yeah, if you proceed legally, this WILL NOT be good for the dealership. In the end, they will be handing out two giveaways of some sort to keep everyone quiet.

A vet^2 makes a solid point. If you raise hell about this then you'll very likely get some kind of good recompense even if it's just a cash settlement.

Considering your situation I would do the following:

- Get their explanation in writing and be sure to talk about THEIR voting discrepancies especially the 1,000 votes in the last hour. And don't get it in a form letter. Or get it over the phone and tape the conversation. Be sure to mention you're taping the conversation because I believe both parties must know about it for it to be admissible in MN court. It's different for each state.

- Call a consumer advocate lawyer today. Make sure it's one that won't make you pay just so they can hear the merits of the case. You want a free consultation guy.

- Have someone else close to you and intimately involved in the contest on your end draft two letter that can be cut and pasted by the good folks here on TW and on Facebook. We can send one form letter to the dealership and the other form letter to the vendors.
Make sure, obviously, that one talks about the voting discrepancies from the other team, the international legit voters who got DQed and the fact that their contest rules talk about YOUR conduct, not the conduct of voters. For all they know, other couples could have submitted thousands of fake votes to get you DQed.
The other will be geared towards the vendors and discuss how you got screwed and why you will never support them unless they make every effort to ensure you receive your prize.

- Have someone else close to you and intimately involved in the contest on your end contact the local television media. This is not something that plays well in newspapers but it sure as hell does great on TV. You must present a concise and clear case to their "on your side" folks that's why like with the letter I suggest someone else and not you present it. You and your fiance will be far too emotional about this; let someone else do it. It also helps if they're actually from the area, unlike a TWer, so the TV folks can talk on the phone and/or in person before actually reaching out to you. Don't just send an email or leave a message. You need to talk to a live person in the newsroom about this or it will just get buried with all the other "leads".

- Freaking breathe and chill out for a little bit. If I got fucked like this I would be seriously out of my mind and in fact I have been driven up the wall recently with some nonsense from those pricks at Freecreditreport.com and my medical insurance company. The best thing to do when tackling horseshit like this is to do it in chunks and then forget about it while the process is working. Let other people handle some of this stuff. I'll be sure to have my wife and I submit the form letters when they are put together.

Good luck man. We've got your back.

The "bigger person" wouldn't just let them walk all over you because they felt like it.

You won fair and square, make them fucking honor it.

I was referring to his fuck the other couple comment. I fully intend to see it through with both feldmann and the contest admin.

They didn't fuck up though. The contest administration did. There is no proof that they cheated that would "hold up in court" so thats not really an ally worth going down. I would like some sort of proof from the contest admin stating that they did in fact look into those votes in particular and verify them.

The fact of the matter is I really don't want to drag the other couple through the mud. It really has nothing to do with them and they are a month away from their wedding date and don't need something else to think about.

Really all I care for is proof that the contest was audited fairly. I'll look into the lawyer route later today. Even getting it in the news will effect the other couple and I really don't want that. I think I will also try and get in contact with a PR person at feldmann to let them know that a company they payed to hold a fair and unbias contest didn't seem to follow through on their contract.

And yes as was stated by some one a few posts up. This has been an amazing start to my fiancee and I's lives together. Its amazing how many people put in votes for us whether they knew us or not.

You know, this isn't necessarily true. I wouldn't count anything out until you have all the facts. Considering how shady things have been run and the things that Feldman has already pulled, you really think that they wouldn't take cash on the side and swing this? Little things here and there shows clear bias FOR that other group, not just against you. I'm not saying that they were involved, but I wouldn't use their feelings as an excuse. If anything, I'd have someone make sure that THEY are aware of what happened. I don't know if I could give up a 60k wedding because I got it "unfairly", but it would make me consider it. It will also make them look pretty bad if they don't at least make it seem like they care about the legitimacy of the contest.

This is bullshit, and if someone drafts a well-written letter, I will certainly do my part to make sure that it gets out.

I don't think I should be the one to draft one honestly. I'm attempting to be as level headed and unbias as possible in any of my communications regarding the matter but at the end of the day if it has my name on it its going to be labeled as emotion driven.

I don't think I should be the one to draft one honestly. I'm attempting to be as level headed and unbias as possible in any of my communications regarding the matter but at the end of the day if it has my name on it its going to be labeled as emotion driven.

Precisely. As I wrote a few minutes ago, let it be a close friend there in Minnesota. Someone who can see how fucked you got but can put together a strong but polite letter. Or perhaps you could even get the consumer lawyer's office to get it together depending on how that whole bit goes.

You need to fight this man, not for TW but for your own self-respect.

That being said, make sure you go out and do something for yourself today. Something inexpensive but fun to take your mind off of this. Like hitting the batting cages or something if you're into that sort of thing.

Uhm.. the is complete BS.. They already docked votes they deemed illegitimate. So why disqualify you at the end when you finished ahead with all legitimate votes?

They didn't fuck up though. The contest administration did. There is no proof that they cheated that would "hold up in court" so thats not really an ally worth going down. I would like some sort of proof from the contest admin stating that they did in fact look into those votes in particular and verify them.

Well, the Dealership is still on the hook as they were the ones driving the giveaway. In the end, it WON'T look good for them...no
matter their actual involvement. If they allowed the Admin to choose a winner for whatever reasons and that choice was flawed/wrong, the Dealership will
be losing period.

Give it time, the dealership will honor its agreement with you voluntarily or not. I know several dealership owners and they are great business owners, doing whatever they need to do to close sales....especially at this time in our country.

:sunny:

Uhm.. the is complete BS.. They already docked votes they deemed illegitimate. So why disqualify you at the end when you finished ahead with all legitimate votes?

well their claim is it wasn't all legitimate votes, I have yet to see a final tally, and they didn't have any communication with me for the last 20 days so I assumed all of this voter crap was behind us.

At the end of the day I think it was to gather more information for them to give back to Feldmann Nissian if in fact there were some voters still opperating outside the rules.

I have an open line of communication with some people at Feldmann and I will keep you posted.

Proof doesn't matter in this context. You're feeling bad about "screwing" them when we all know they cheated. Those votes at the end are obviously not legit. Fuck those faggots.

Back