*delete* feature for TW account? by TheRedDread - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page *delete* feature for TW account?
Page 6 of 24
oDDable
VeteranXX
Old
101 - 06-28-2005, 04:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingMan
I don't believe that Rayn's actions were warranted. I am only privy to the contents of this thread but Red has always had a sardonic sense of humour. It has never resulted in a removal of his account.

I am disheartened by members who are so ready to forget his contributions and quick to judge.

take care,

Smoke
Word.

Everyone is just trying to have some fun.

Don't think that the contributions of 5150 and specifically TRD arn't remembered fondly.

Sponsored Links
[THE]Perrin
VeteranX
Old
102 - 06-28-2005, 04:43
lol, you people are ****ing ******s.

TRD has contributed more to the tribes community (in the day there was one) than every one of you combined. And yet at the scent of drama, you're all out there noses to the wind, and cocks in hand.

I for one am sorry to see him go, and condemn this move as unjust.

Booo.

vivrant
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 06-28-2005, 04:44
what move?
he asked for his account to be deleted?
am i missing something?

Bump
Unregistered
Old
104 - 06-28-2005, 04:44
even if jesus the greatest man of all time was supporting VIR i think it would be just to condemn him 4ever

somespareid
VeteranXV
Old
105 - 06-28-2005, 04:47
Quote:
I don't believe that Rayn's actions were warranted. I am only privy to the contents of this thread but Red has always had a sardonic sense of humour. It has never resulted in a removal of his account.
Huh? He asked that his account be deleted (in this thread), after saying some not very nice things about this site (in another thread).

If he indeed was bluffing, this his bluff was well and truly called.

SarcaStick
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
106 - 06-28-2005, 04:48
Quote:

I am disheartened by members who are so ready to forget his contributions and quick to judge.

take care,

Smoke
Rayn is unbiased and will comply with requests from members of tdub who have a long standing within the forums.

I didn't see anything wrong with his fulfillment of Red's request.

Now, on the other hand, in regards to the other members, yes, they're nothing but a bunch of retards and definately not worth ever reading into at all.

Things have changed plenty since our heydays. I can only imagine it will get worse.

[THE]Perrin
VeteranX
Old
107 - 06-28-2005, 04:49
Actually he just asked if there was a feature.

Whether he would have used it, WE MAY NEVER KNOW.

Bump
Unregistered
Old
108 - 06-28-2005, 04:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn
"I resent that you say I take my ball and go home so I'm taking my account and going home."
as told to rayn by TRD

clears things up ...

SarcaStick
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
109 - 06-28-2005, 04:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by [THE]Perrin
Actually he just asked if there was a feature.

Whether he would have used it, WE MAY NEVER KNOW.
it all honesty, i do believe red wanted his account deleted.

i can't blame him for being pissed off @ all of these cry babies who have no appreciation for the past what? 5-6 years and all that he's done and provided.

n9ne
VeteranXV
Old
110 - 06-28-2005, 04:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
why is this a big deal

Jislan
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
111 - 06-28-2005, 04:58
tw isn't about tribes anymore. There are maybe 10 people who actually are serious in that Vir thread and everyone else is just being "sarcastic" and "ironical", which is what half the posts in this forum always are. I've always liked 5150, but I still think that thread and to an extent this one is damn funny. People respect what dread and his tribe have done, but you can't use that as leverage here anymore. That's just the way it is.

SmokingMan
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 06-28-2005, 05:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcaStick
it all honesty, i do believe red wanted his account deleted.

i can't blame him for being pissed off @ all of these cry babies who have no appreciation for the past what? 5-6 years and all that he's done and provided.
Thanks for the clarification. Again, I was only interpreting the title of this thread and his questions as part of his sardonic humour.

The other point of my original post was to provide my support for Red's character. Of course, I am not active anymore, but I do recall that in T2, I wrote quite a disparaging comment on Vir's administration. Once, I was able to get to know him better and how the nature of the players in the game had changed, I could understand where the administration decision-making was based.

While I have always advocated fair administration during my tenure, I feel that many who feel sleighted in the current gaming landscape are the ones who will always make the most noise and who are looking for the most amount of drama. If possible, I would keep in mind the persons introducing the most amount of noise into the system.

take care,

Smoke

Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
113 - 06-28-2005, 05:05
You get respect from people you offer respect towards, in kind. I have no idea why you'd think arrogance and belittlement of the commonhood of TW would be repaid with anything other than what it was. (in regards to the Vir thread).

SmokingMan
VeteranXV
Old
114 - 06-28-2005, 05:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzx
You get respect from people you offer respect towards, in kind. I have no idea why you'd think arrogance and belittlement of the commonhood of TW would be repaid with anything other than what it was. (in regards to the Vir thread).
Point taken.

Uncle Slappy
VeteranXV
Old
115 - 06-28-2005, 05:09
If I hosted a server, I might make friends of mine admins even though I knew some of them would abuse power.

But I sure as **** wouldn't then turn around and go "but look at what I've done for this community!"

Last edited by Uncle Slappy; 06-28-2005 at 05:11..
SmokingMan
VeteranXV
Old
116 - 06-28-2005, 05:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Slappy
If I had hosted a server, I might make friends of mine admins even though I knew some of them would abuse power.

But I sure as **** wouldn't then turn around and go "but look at what I've done for this community!"
I don't think Vir or Red have ever taken that stance for these two threads. I am obviously out of touch with the current community and still remember the contributions of Red in the past. I simply wanted to comment on the fact that people easily forget the past and are quick to judge.

take care,

Smoke

Geck0
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
117 - 06-28-2005, 05:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcaStick
well that sucks gecko.

I've had nothing but good come from selling to tdub peeps.

processors, video cards, and hell, even 7 complete PCs @ $2,000 each.

never had a prob, never had a complaint.
I remember now - it was Freestyle. I was working for Insight so i got a reseller employee deal on a t-bird and I had just bought one so I didn't need it.

I posted here and free took it up, then threw the ****ing carton in the bin so I couldn't claim the rebate from AMD. Then he demanded the rebate, I whined here about it after he refused to admit any fault and basically the whole board jumped on my back for denigrating a 5150. He got a $300 CPU for $70 or so from memory. I paid for it.

I paid the little **** and called it a day. I've never sold a damn thing on here since.

Ask Pendragon how many people I've helped out and made **** all - hell I basically gave Contortion a whole PC because he was playing on a piece of **** and had a kid etc. Never asked **** back, I like to help people out if I have the inside track.

Last edited by Geck0; 06-28-2005 at 05:21..
n9ne
VeteranXV
Old
118 - 06-28-2005, 05:17
Dear SmokingMan,

In case you hadn't noticed, this is a gaming forum. On the internet. You are talking about video games.

Just thought id remind you.

Sincerely,

n9ne

SmokingMan
VeteranXV
Old
119 - 06-28-2005, 05:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by n9ne
Dear SmokingMan,

In case you hadn't noticed, this is a gaming forum. On the internet. You are talking about video games.

Just thought id remind you.

Sincerely,

n9ne
Dear n9ne,

Thanks for the reminder. I had noticed. In my posts, I am talking about people and processes related to gaming administration. However, I will keep in mind the context.

sincerely,

Smoke.

Last edited by SmokingMan; 06-28-2005 at 05:27..
Tahnit
VeteranXV
Old
120 - 06-28-2005, 05:25
Has anyone noticed that 5150's page hasnt been updated in over a year? Maybe that says something that all of these threads combined cant.

Page 6 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page *delete* feature for TW account?

Social Website Bullshit