202 - 05-20-2015, 10:02
i dont believe

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
203 - 05-20-2015, 10:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
tpk a lot of us played on your precious "moderated ranked ladder" it was called twl y do you not think this
Cool. Again, I apparently don't know very much about it because I never cared enough to learn. Forgive my ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing-Stork View Post
Wait, tpk also won a crappy t shirt in a t2 tournament? or is tpk channeling my deep dark inner thoughts?
Actually, I won both a T-shirt, and an mp3 player that I actually used for a while. That was back when MP3 players were pretty large in size. It was some bizarre crappy 5 v 5 online T2 tournament, not a LAN one. We got like 2nd place or something. We would have gotten first... It's a bit of a story.

My team was up 3-0, and the cap out was set to 5. We were about the close-out the final match but then the server crashed.

The admins decided that rather than start it out as 3-0 where we left off, that the score was reset to 0-0. At the same time, our MVP defender's connection died. We were forced to play with a defender that had no clue what he was doing, and he got rocked. I think we got spanked like 5-2 or something and took 2nd place. I can't remember what the first place prize was, but it was significantly better than what we got. Maybe a new video card or something.

Not that that tournament mattered, but it was fun and entertaining. I enjoyed wearing that shirt for a while, just cus I won it and it was free and it reminded me of good times.

That's nothing compared to the new computer I got though.

At the time, 5150 Red Dread was paying 500 dollars to whatever team was #1 on the T2 CTF ladder every month. I made an epic game-winning cowboy play in double overtime against +GoD+ (The team that Dutch played for) and secured Team Fusion's #1 spot. At the time Baxter considered me to be one of his most valuable players, so he spent the 500 bucks on a new computer for me.

I quit Team Fusion shortly after that and I was a huge ******* to Baxter cus I was upset at how he was running the team. We reconciled years later and I apologized to him really sincerely. He was totally cool about it.

Baxter was one of the nicest people I've ever met. He was truly a great human being. He was and still is an amazing guy.

Most all of the people on my CTF team, my arena team, and my dueling clan were all really nice. I was used to playing with people like that all the time back in the day.

I think that's another reason I went ape**** when I came back in 2012. The community had changed entirely from civil to post-apocalyptic, and involved so much vote-kicking, trash talking, rage quitting, team switching, brutal admin abuse, and really below the belt stuff I wasn't used to seeing.

You guys got some good d00ds for sure, but as a whole, you are a very rough crowd.

It's another reason I will never fit in with the line of thinking that goes on in Tribes today. The behavior of the community is the hyper-active exact opposite of the kind that would draw in new players or encourage people to stick around and play.

The toxicity that I'm referring to was one of the original reasons I made the comment that "I hope Midair ignores the current T1 LT community" that started this whole discussion.

Quote:
it'l l come back on topic when tpk continues to say that the ladder play of LT players is worthless cuz we didnt have 9million teams like on hpb ogl and thats what makes him the best ever

at which point ill bring up tribes ascend having no teams but being broadcast as an e-sport

how the whole concepts of esports is dumb when they switch to a new game every couple years because it never lets long term strategies evolve like happened to the tribes 1 metagame and real sports

and then id use starcraft 2 where all the pros beat out a coupe million ppl to make it to the top 200 and then a year or 2 later got destroyed cuz some nerd started using a really basic and otherwise unknown strategy like 7 pool to cheese wins and beat them

sure ppl that are good now might have taken a long time to get good and might not have the most ingenuity but there are a lot of us that have been good since the game came out and just kept playing and evolving unlike him

then ill probably attack midair for trying to change the tribes gameplay again to some other bull**** dumbed down version and also attack the devs and fire for being aspergers and then the thread is back on topic about the title
"It doesn't matter that I have never once succeeded at any game that had actual active players and competition, because I'm the best in the world in my own mind." -Dare

Last edited by The Pumpkin King; 05-20-2015 at 10:37..
pancake
Banned
Old
204 - 05-20-2015, 10:28
ur a ****ing fag

what was ur diagnosis what meds are you on

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
205 - 05-20-2015, 10:32
I would also point out the humor in accusing somebody of an inability to adapt for leaving one game in order to adapt and succeed at a completely new one.

pancake
Banned
Old
206 - 05-20-2015, 10:35
what meds are you on tpk

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
207 - 05-20-2015, 10:42
Quote:
what meds are you on
The kind that encourage me to move on with my life while you still listen to Nirvana, Play T1, watch "Friends," and wear cargo pants.

Why don't you impress us all with a video of you doing anything outside your archaic world that is old enough to drive?

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
208 - 05-20-2015, 10:43
Check this out, in 10 minutes, I owned the living **** out of more players than the amount that populated your entire TWL ladder during your time. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH3Pa8IRJ5c

pancake
Banned
Old
209 - 05-20-2015, 10:46
what meds are you on tpk what are you diagnosed with

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
210 - 05-20-2015, 10:52
lol TPK back to his old form

u did good for a while man, you'll get em next time

darkpiece
VeteranXX
Old
211 - 05-20-2015, 10:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
212 - 05-20-2015, 10:56
Quote:
what meds are you on tpk what are you diagnosed with
The kind that disallow me from using a 16 year old game as the primary and only source of my voice of authority like you do.

The kind that allow me to succeed at different types of games in different eras while you are permanently stuck in the 1990's forever, unable to show anyone any single living achievement of any worthy notion.

Why stop at Tribes man... why not branch out and become king of Asteroids and then make fun of all the "losers" that quit playing 30 years ago, because they were "never able to adapt".

Then when people come back, and kick your ass at asteroid PU games, you can tell them what a loser they are for thinking they are good because they owned you, and how Asteroid PU games don't matter, while simultaneously telling them that they suck because they suck at Asteroids PU games.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
213 - 05-20-2015, 10:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpiece View Post
hyena dip**** swarm tactic
I'm not scared of taking you all on in numbers.

Do I have to put on cargo pants first and put in a Pearl Jam album before we go at it?

I heard you guys really rock at Tribes. Is it true?

Please go ahead and start telling me war stories about all the epic Tribes battles you won to become the greatest gamers in history.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
214 - 05-20-2015, 10:59
THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
215 - 05-20-2015, 11:00
Btw I still listen to 90s music so take it ez on that department or u will set me off

pancake
Banned
Old
216 - 05-20-2015, 11:01
TPK WHAT MEDS ARE YOU ON WHAT ARE YOU DIAGNOSED WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
217 - 05-20-2015, 11:02
lol so do I...

Friends is off limits though... **** you for watching that...

pancake
Banned
Old
218 - 05-20-2015, 11:03
o dang he edit his super long post that i was actually gonna reply to about lix and nonreg o well

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
219 - 05-20-2015, 11:05
lol TPK dude relax. I know its difficult to grasp that people who played for 10 years are more likely to be better than players who played for 3 years but really man, stop, think about it for like 10 seconds. It is VERY VERY likely that is FACTUAL.

i am almost positive that michael jordan was better as a 20 yr old player compared to when he was 13.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
220 - 05-20-2015, 11:06
Quote:
TPK WHAT MEDS ARE YOU ON WHAT ARE YOU DIAGNOSED WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
The kind that always allow me to get the better of you and all your buddies despite your superior numbers and dishonerable tactics.

The kind that allow me to articulate around you in circles while munching on potato chips and linking videos of things far more impressive than you'll ever be able to produce.

The kind that make me realize that nobody plays Asteroids anymore, and that anyone bragging about **** like that ought to be dragged out and flogged while being forced to listen to Justin Bieber play live.

Page 11 of 31

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Midair

Social Website Bullshit