Vengeance Vengeance

Hellsfury said:
This is why its crucial we stop with the battling over which is greater, which was more successfull, which was played more, which sucks more... It has to end. It's nolonger about T1 or T2 or T:V or Legends period. It's now, just about Tribes. We have to put all that baggage that has dogged us over the years away.

Our differences no longer matter. The PanamaJack's, NoFix's, Bitraisers, Marweas's, Hellsfurys, Virs, SLaMs, KineticPoets, KnightMares, Pachacutecs no longer matter, we're all just Tribesplayers right now. As much as it hurts to suck it up and lay down our ego's and not battle each other over the petty shit that is truely no longer important as of this moment in our history, we have to for the sake of the one thing, if the only thing, we ever had in common. TRIBES.

If we could do that, and I don't pretend it would be easy, it would be the greatest thing we could ever do to honor the thing that brought all together in the first place. It might just be the first step towards the only way to save TRIBES.

I whole heartedly agree and will help in anyway possible.

Plague said:
Look at the games that GG endorses/puts out. 2D scrollers, simplistic chibi-style children's shooters, puzzle games, 3D children's platformers. That's what the people that work for GG enjoy. And that's what's easiest to produce for the GG community members.

Now imagine Tribes in their hands, with no one breathing down their necks telling them to make it dark and realistic. Handing over the IP to GG is a far cry for wistful thinking, a last hope that will remain an unrealized dream, since it's the only thing you guys have left to grab onto. Before you praise them for being able to put out the perfect game, take a moment to think about what they'd actually do.
:banging:

Are you a fucking retard? Or do you just post as one?

-Bane said:
Lay off. No one cares what COULD have been, we want to know what CAN be NOW.

And you will therefore cast your lot with Guy Welch and the Vug/Ig team again? Is that what you are telling me? T:V is dead and Guy Welch is part of the reason why. And If Guy wants to pit his marketing expertise against mine in these forums, no problem. And I will not attack him from a 'hind-sight is 20/20' point of view. I can show you all the posts that I made that show Guy's failings in 'real-time'. I can offer you solutions to Guy's mistakes. I can show you why he failed VUG and IG in the simplest of terms. Guy dropped the ball...it happens.! I imagine he is fairly new to the marketing game and it is hard! I am not suggesting we string the 'GUY' up, but I do suggest that he failed in his job. As I imagine Guy knows, when your name is out there, you accept the good with the bad. He has certainly learned the hard way from his T:V experience as I am sure he will tell you.

I wish him good luck and better judgement next time.

marweas was one of the biggest reasons there was a T:V. Even if the game fucking sucked, at least thats better than the franchise dying at T2. I honestly never heard any complaining when he announced that a 3rd game would be made and irrational would be making it; he deserves a lot of credit for making an opportunity for it. Irrational were the developers so if you're looking for someone to point the finger at, at least point it in the right direction.

Pakocino said:
Stop trying to find a scapegoat.

Did you really say that? Do you think I need to look hard to find someone to blame for the failure that is T:V? How about:

VUG
IG
Thrax
Marweas
Guy Welch

and dumbasses like you...

that 'scapegoat' enough for you stupid?!

FlyingElmo said:
marweas was one of the biggest reasons there was a T:V. Even if the game fucking sucked, at least thats better than the franchise dying at T2. I honestly never heard any complaining when he announced that a 3rd game would be made and irrational would be making it; he deserves a lot of credit for making an opportunity for it. Irrational were the developers so if you're looking for someone to point the finger at, at least point it in the right direction.

How many hours have I played your maps....Thanks!

FlyingElmo said:

When do you and I play? Your like some kind of T2 legend...and I love to kick a legends butt :)

Seriously, your maps are outstanding. I hope you have received the appreciation that you so fully deserve.

Let me know when I can kick your ass on your own maps...that would be a special day indeed...

NetAtNite said:
When do you and I play? Your like some kind of T2 legend...and I love to kick a legends butt :)

Seriously, your maps are outstanding. I hope you have received the appreciation that you so fully deserve.

Let me know when I can kick your ass on your own maps...that would be a special day indeed...

He is nothing special, trust me.

Hellsfury said:
This is why its crucial we stop with the battling over which is greater, which was more successfull, which was played more, which sucks more... It has to end. It's nolonger about T1 or T2 or T:V or Legends period. It's now, just about Tribes. We have to put all that baggage that has dogged us over the years away.

Our differences no longer matter. The PanamaJack's, NoFix's, Bitraisers, Marweas's, Hellsfurys, Virs, SLaMs, KineticPoets, KnightMares, Pachacutecs no longer matter, we're all just Tribesplayers right now. As much as it hurts to suck it up and lay down our ego's and not battle each other over the petty shit that is truely no longer important as of this moment in our history, we have to for the sake of the one thing, if the only thing, we ever had in common. TRIBES.

If we could do that, and I don't pretend it would be easy, it would be the greatest thing we could ever do to honor the thing that brought all together in the first place. It might just be the first step towards the only way to save TRIBES.

T2 is best.

FlyingElmo said:

To coin a phrase, Tribers are "an army that kill their own wounded."

As for the requested issue of what I want from VUG; I want a basic functional game that's supported in terms of cheat protection and getting coding errors fixed. It doesn't have to be Tribes, but it does have to accomodate mod development in order to placate the varied segments of our Tribes community.

I don't care what it's called, and I'm not even sure that what I want has to be "granted" us by VUG, but I'm standing by to lend support to that initiative if some concensus is reached that we can affect some useful response.

guy.welch said:
I agree with "Tribes the Xerox PARC of the gaming world." I stood next to the EA guy at the 2005 CES show and said that BF2 was basically Tribes, and he totally agreed.

sad, really, but says it all...

KillerBunny said:
One of the problems with doing a game that is almost exactly like Tribes but isn't Tribes is what I'd call the "off by one shade" problem. When you have two colors that are almost the same, but are one shade off, it looks worse than if you have two colors that are like 5 shades off. It's the same way with doing a lot of things. If you try to animate a human, you basically get a better looking picture progressivly as you get more skill, then it starts to look "worse" because it's close enough to 'real' to be compared with something real, and it pales in comparison. There's a mental-disconnect that goes on before that. I'm afraid that trying to do a Tribes game without it being Tribes would be much the same way. (Ala T:V) We would rather join everyone else in saying, "Tribes was a great game," and being right, than to have everyone know us as the guys who tried to rip-off Tribes and fucked it up or something.

insightful comments and i somewhat agree.

folks notice more imperfections & inconsistencies in 3d gaming as the detail & lighting has jacked up. for development, this means it's harder & harder, more & more expensive... with less and less gamer satisfation return. it boggles my mind what this means for small dev studios...

i think that's a major problem with sequels in the PC gamer market, especially against online fan bases who are like high school students not really interested in switchin schools senior year anyways...

that said, i still think an amazing new tribes game was possible (perhaps with the same shade as well as a 5-shade different variation too).

but i can respect peeps at GG who may feel that way.

Last edited:
Back