Looking for a new game 'like Tribes to play?

GreyFlcn said:
Imagine Tribes 2 as an MMOFPS

Thats about what you get with PlanetSide

It's even had about 3 or 4 of the original Dynamix crew on staff.

Sure, it's got less jumpjetting, but theres a lot more similarities between Tribes and PlanetSide than there are differences.

I came back a few weeks ago to check on T:V, see how my old crew was doing.
Was told not to waste my time figuring out how to mod it.

Since
Renegades has been canceled
Starsiege 2845 has been canceled
Tribes Vengeance, has been more or less canceled

Seeing how T:V is on it's way out
I'd like to invite you to check out the game I've been playing
It's about as close to a Tribes MMO as you'll ever get!

PlanetSide: Week Trial, Free Download, Kickass Movie

This is so 2000 that I can't even qualify it.

Move on.

Got Haggis? said:
other games that reminded me a bit of tribes

Savage

Battlezone

i've played savage and idk, maybe a tiny bit like tribes.

Planetside does get boring cuz ya u can go after continents... but then wut. There's no way to "win" persay. Espeically when dumbass people who "think" they are in charge tell everyone to leave a continent because it's too hard to defend. Then half the people leave cuz they like to think they are good soldiers, and the other half stay only to get pulverized in an otherwise winable situation.

PS was neat, but was laggy and got boring really fast. The only really cool thing about the game was one time my friend got run over by a friendly mower that came out of nowhere while we were trucking down a road in max suits.

VektorX said:
lol are you suggesting Planetside as a game to play?
:lol:

:signed:

Planetside is the biggest joke yet. I would play T1, T2 or T:V before ever playing that piece of shit!

I'd even play Legends before it and that's saying a LOT!

Zio said:
:signed:

Planetside is the biggest joke yet. I would play T1, T2 or T:V before ever playing that piece of shit!

Why is it a joke? Games are meant to provide entertainment, which it does...

Well at least the game beats T.V.

However, i like the idea of a topic like this.
Same thing should be done for Legends, on other "big" gameboards.

Priceless.

Suddenly_Dead said:
?B-MAN has a good point. I liked the bump mapping on that there Shrike model, and showing some renders or a couple of things in-game (incomplete though they may be) might raise enthusiasm.

As for PlanetSide: I don't want a Tribes MMO. I enjoy popping into a small 10 (or less) player server in Tribes and having good fun. And the skiing and the jetting I think are integral, vehicles are no replacement. Modding is nice as well...

Id love to see this model they did? Anybody have a link? didnt see it on renwerx's site.

Let's all fuck VU like they fucked us!!

I think we should flood all popular game forums like IGN and Gamespot and post in all VU game forums (S.W.A.T.4 for ex.) how we got screwed and they will too, if they buy a VU game. Those bastards strung us along for months!! Fuck them. If they screw their customers, potential customers should know what they're getting into before they buy! Customers should come first even if you have to eat a little dough. Too many companies are quick to drop something if it isn't a hit. I'm sure they don't want it advertised that they screw their customers, so let's tell the next VU victims what's gonna happen to them if their game doesn't sell 1,000,000 in the first week.

Back