[T2] Vengeance mod

ilys said:
Nothing much happening atm. Finished some code to add spawn spheres to deployed MPBs, but it only acts a team spawn and is not selectable at death (as in you will spawn there if the game spawns you there). Selectable spawns will be added at a later date by redesigning the repawn code.
Also changed the way the sensor system works to almost match T:Vs, but I still do not fully understand how the T:V sensors work.

I'd very much like the MPB code, thnx. Selectable spawns is no big deal, we can hook into the ModHud for that.

As for the sensors, we can just give then a 2000 meter detect radius and limit player sensor range further then I have allready. I think thats as close as we will be able to get it since the sensor code is mainly hardcoded into the exe. In T:V it isn't HaPpY style IFF's but rather they show up on the radar hud.

I would if I could, but I dont even have T2 installed now. T:V > than any mod for T2, sorry :(

Also, the method I used was very, very messy, as you cant rebuild the navgraph on-the-fly. All I did was to move the player to a random position next to the MPB when the player spawns. You do not really notice the move, but it can be buggy with terrain clipping (spawning under the terrain, or above the terrain).

Amadeu5 said:
So how do you like my new grappler?

It is pretty good, good enough for Gov. work, lol.

ilys said:
I would if I could, but I dont even have T2 installed now. T:V > than any mod for T2, sorry :(

Also, the method I used was very, very messy, as you cant rebuild the navgraph on-the-fly. All I did was to move the player to a random position next to the MPB when the player spawns. You do not really notice the move, but it can be buggy with terrain clipping (spawning under the terrain, or above the terrain).

Damn :(

Sok, I have an idea how to merge the existing MPB tele spawns into the spawn selection.

HI, Zod is there a vengeance server runing, I tried to join [house of pain] it's the only server for this mod but it always say it's cycling mission. And can u update the server file to the latest?

Zhimin said:
HI, Zod is there a vengeance server runing, I tried to join [house of pain] it's the only server for this mod but it always say it's cycling mission. And can u update the server file to the latest?
If it keeps saying that, then something weird is going on cause the console doesn't show it cycling. I'll change the map, see if that fixes it.

I'm still working on this version, having a problem with setting the spawn markers teams values and It's pissing me off.

Hi, killerONE can u start a server now?? And Zod the [house of pain] server is gone now,having problems?

Last edited:
I don't have the bandwidth and the servers for testing purposes of the latest build. When I'm done I'll hand it to KillerONE to put up. I'm almost ready, just have one problem to work out.

I can't find a server, I downlaoded zip and extracted to base and extrated vl2 to autoexec folder, under settings I can see the commands but can't find any server with ruleset Vengeance.

Back