OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

Darkfire said:
Remote spawning is good because it will stop spawn killing which is gay..not to mention skill less.

When you use spawnspheres instead of spawn points this isn't a problem.

initial impressions, i haven't read the thread yet, this may be repitition.

the control of the rocket pod sounds weird. are you going to have to stand still if you're controlling the rockets? Are you going to be able to just fire them straight and not control them?

A remote spawn point may be problematic in competition, unless you can choose whether you want to spawn at the remote point or not. D guys spawning half way across the map might not be a happy thing.

Razster said:
How do you know if it was shitty if you haven't played it?

good point. i do much prefer T1 disk tho. even when i tried to jump into T2 a few months ago i was still used to T1 timing :(. i still am used to T1 timing.

Marweas,

I'm okay with the whole cluster rocket pod idea, but do you think you guys could tone down the exhaust trail on all those pods? From the screenshots the trails are too long, too white, and too large...giving the illusion that the rocket pods are stronger than they really are.

I haven't seen the video yet, so I may be wrong.

Razster said:

As a general rule, and depending upon how it's implemented, and in conjunction with the amazing new power of the ut engine, I think it would be good food for thought for this particular dev team.

Oh, I mean, um, yes.

Sojourn said:
I never played Tribes 2. I never liked the game. If you think a four player difference does not make a difference in a game like T:V will be, you're ignorant.

I know you never played Tribes 2, that was the point I was trying to make. The number doesn't matter whether it is 12 or 16. If the game is not designed in such a way so that an all man d can easily be defeated(like was not the case in T2)there will problems. I was suggesting ways to deal with that like making the vehicles spawn away from the flag. Had nothing to do with anything else heh.

Marweas said:
They don't. When the video comes out you'll see what I mean. There's a reason they're called a pod.

I'm with you. Just make it hard for a tard to spam close targets like the flag please.

Wendy said:
From the screenshots the trails are too long, too white, and too large...giving the illusion that the rocket pods are stronger than they really are.

That is a very astute observation. Yes, they are actually much less powerfull than they appear they should be. :)

VirDT said:
I know you never played Tribes 2, that was the point I was trying to make. The number doesn't matter whether it is 12 or 16. If the game is not designed in such a way so that an all man d can easily be defeated(like was not the case in T2)there will problems. I was suggesting ways to deal with that like making the vehicles spawn away from the flag. Had nothing to do with anything else heh.

All man D can never win a game. EVER. It is impossible. So what is the point of trying to balance against it?

Back