OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread by Marweas - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread
Page 5 of 28
Psychosis
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 10-10-2003, 18:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by i$:LimpDisk
please remove the following - shocklance, vehicle ramming, and shocklance

Sponsored Links
i$:LimpDisk
VeteranX
Old
82 - 10-10-2003, 18:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rilkean panther
Giants lost. You have no authority to speak until Spring Training.
why you gotta bring up old ****?

Doaln
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
83 - 10-10-2003, 18:28
i have a question on the remote spawning of the rover....

in previous Tribes you randomly spawn somewhere at your base... i assume this works the same in T:V

but when they bring out a Rover, what the hell happens?

does everyone start respawning there? that would suck. not everyone wants to spawn out there, especially if they are HO (then they need to go back to base to change anyway)

is it just an added spawnpoint to the randomness? that doesn't seem too useful and would still piss off the HO, HOF or anyone else when they get spawned there.

and then of course there is the potential for abuse.

Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
84 - 10-10-2003, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirDT
Marweas how to the vehicles currently handle rough terrain. That one screenshot shows the Rover going over a rather bumpy obstacle.
The Rover is an ATV, but currently it won't go over really big hills.

VirDT
VeteranX
Old
85 - 10-10-2003, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colosus
1) The goal is 7-12 man teams. So you have 16 man defense, it is time to ctrl-k because you can't read.
Not much difference between 12 man d and 16 man d heh. I still would like to see vehicle spawn points moved away from the flag.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
86 - 10-10-2003, 18:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marweas
The Rover is very very preliminary at this stage. Currently, it's zippy, but goes a lot slower than skiing, depending on terrain obviously. It handles like the monster truck BigFoot. It is not heavily armored. It has a chain or AA gun on top, not sure which.
Okay, still too early.

Back to the rocket pod. Do you need to be at a standstill to fire? Can you be moving? If so, is there a limit to how fast you can go, or even if you can move at all, and still guide the rockets?

Colosus
my pronouns are..
Contributor
Old
87 - 10-10-2003, 18:30
Quote:
Not much difference between 12 man d and 16 man d heh. I still would like to see vehicle spawn points moved away from the flag.
If you have your entire team dedicated to D, you're going to lose no matter what you do. And this is not a "VEHICLE SPAWN POINT". It is a spawn point ON A VEHICLE. There is a difference.

Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
88 - 10-10-2003, 18:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error|550
Having said that, is "T:V" going to be providing an Open Source server or will we only have a Microsoft server option?
Do penguins like snow?

dan-o2
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 10-10-2003, 18:30
Doaln: My guess is there may be a spawning interface like BF 1942 had, IE you choose where you spawn and then you spawn randomly somewhere in that area. Marweas is free to correct, though. :P

Psychosis
VeteranXX
Old
90 - 10-10-2003, 18:30
remote spawn is really ****ing gay

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
91 - 10-10-2003, 18:31
Quote:
There is a huge difference. Going from 10 players to 8 players made a pretty big difference in Tribes for a certain tournament.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
92 - 10-10-2003, 18:31
Also, spread on the rockets is a funny thing. Will they continue to spread the farther they go? Will they leave the weapon at full spread?

I can see numerous newbs shooting at their own flag as cappers come in.... They should have a minimum distance to being 'armed' to make this difficult...

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
93 - 10-10-2003, 18:32
Rocket Pod question: Will there be a limited "window of opportunity" to take over it's flight pattern and manually guide it?

Scenario: Fire ... run behind wall/into base to get protection ... click to manually control it ...

That scenario seems a tad off-balance to me.

Darkfire
VeteranXV
Old
94 - 10-10-2003, 18:32
Remote spawning is good because it will stop spawn killing which is gay..not to mention skill less.

Error|550
VeteranX
Old
95 - 10-10-2003, 18:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax
They should have a minimum distance to being 'armed' to make this difficult...
Good point.

Razster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
96 - 10-10-2003, 18:32
Look sweet!
Just better not feel like soup again! I dislike flying and feeling like i'm crawling my way through soupy air.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
97 - 10-10-2003, 18:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by i$:LimpDisk
=S3= was ****ing robbed

**** YOU SPECIAL!

Blumie
Banned
Old
98 - 10-10-2003, 18:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychosis
remote spawn is really ****ing gay
Agreed.

As far as the rover goes, I agree with triple that it should be a lot like the Warthog from HALO. Maybe add a grenade launcher...

And if the rocket pod is guided... well **** you. Why not just make it so it is a rocket launcher that isn't guided? Like a Quake style rocket launcher that can only be fired in medium or heavy armor. Make it one rocket, heavier damage, but tough to hit anything other than a base or vehicle.

Voidsinger
VeteranX
Old
99 - 10-10-2003, 18:33
Remote spawn is gonna end up like using the T2 MPB for offense... a novelty used in newbie pubs. Nobody in their right mind is gonna drive down a very destroyable vehicle to the other side of the field. Besides, having a rover with remote spawn implies some spawn selection capability, which also ****ing suck. Rover looks damn nice, but remote spawn is dumb. Now, if it were a fast attack vehicle with, let's say, inventory capability and some nice weapons on it... it might be useful.

The rest rocked.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
100 - 10-10-2003, 18:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by void|deadjawa from other thread
are you kidding me?

You think they are going to design the game around T1 elitists, just because they think the gun is "similar"?
It is similar you twit. A rocket is a rocket is a rocket. The T2 rocket was f'ing lame, and if you don't agree you're an idiot and need to ctrl-k. Its only purpose was to take down the overpowered vehicles and cappers.

And how the hell do you control these things via mouselook? You stand there like a sitting duck while you aim? Sounds like fun.

Page 5 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page OFFICIAL Rover/Rocket Pod discussion thread

Social Website Bullshit