[ANNOUNCEMENT] We're getting married.

I would prefer not to know how much of Tribalwar would want to marry me. Ignorance is bliss. I feel great. My left hand feels a little heavy though. Doesn't matter - I won't be using that one much in the future. :D

Even if a person is nasty, smelly and all wrinkled up, some people can get passed that. I see that to be possible. But the mentality of a 22 year old vs a 56 year old doesnt make sense to me. What could you both talk about and relate too when your ages are so far apart? A 56 year old lived grew up in the 60's i mean come on?

slut, it's sorta like you...

how can you relate with all your straight friends so well? I mean, they grew up liking pussy...

what must you talk about >?<

Phyzx said:
slut, it's sorta like you...

how can you relate with all your straight friends so well? I mean, they grew up liking pussy...

what must you talk about >?<

i get mad pussay.

Osurak said:
:bigthumb: to Piotrr for not flipping out

:bigthumb: to Aestis and Glare for bringing teh funnay
I think that this says it all.

piotrr knew coming in that it's TW, and that this kind of ribbing is really just TW's way of saying "congratulations".

Personally, all I have to say is: congratulations!

The three happiest marriages I know -- and I know some families that make both the Cleavers and the Flanders' look like dystopian nightmares -- have age imbalances of 10 years or more, one way or the other.

One is a couple where the husband is 34 and the wife is 24. They work as house painters and remodel houses, live in them for 2 years for tax purposes, and then sell them -- buy for $15k from the bank, sell themselves for $65k and up. They spend a minimum of two months a year doing volunteer construction work all over the planet.

One is a couple where the husband is 45 and the wife is 30. She is, frankly, much smarter than he is, and she's turned him into a huge success business-wise, as well as culturing him. In return, he's taught her to play a couple of instruments. They've been happily married for 10 years now.

One is a couple where the husband is 32 and the wife is 56 (this one is directly applicable). The husband is a freelance musician/composer who has been involved directly in more than 100 albums as of this year. They have a kid who is 6 years old and can play 3 instruments (albeit haltingly).

Things just work out for exceptional people.

I'm not going to fault the haters, because -- as Akela even pointed out -- it's been hilarious! I've laughed really hard in this thread. This is precisely the kind of humor that I can only really find on TW.

slut said:
Even if a person is nasty, smelly and all wrinkled up, some people can get passed that. I see that to be possible. But the mentality of a 22 year old vs a 56 year old doesnt make sense to me. What could you both talk about and relate too when your ages are so far apart? A 56 year old lived grew up in the 60's i mean come on?
^^^ Okay, now THAT is just plain silly. Come on, man.

When I was 15, I had like 2 friends my own age. All of my other friends -- and I mean GOOD friends, take-a-bullet friends -- were multiples of my own age. Shit, the smartest/wittiest woman I know -- as well as the most caring and insightful and all kinds of other great qualities -- is a 62-year-old wheelchair-bound woman (polio) who helped me edit my short stories when I was struggling in Creative Writing (I was 15, at college, and wrote 12 short stories on finals week . . . ugh). We became great friends. She works as a freelance accountant, and really knows her shit; small businesses run by morons will just bring her stacks of receipts and papers and shit, and she brings order to it. I'm a pretty brilliant guy, but she gives me a run for my money at Scrabble or chess.

I've even become pretty good friends with an 85-year-old man who knew my grandfather growing up. He was in world war fucking two! But it's hilarious -- talk to him about anything other than cars and he sounds like Grandpa Simpson, but talk to him about cars and he sounds like amRam.

I mean, most of my friends are around my age (mid-teens through late twenties). But, shit, I can talk with older people. I can talk with them about Nixon, or even Woodrow Wilson; I can talk with Warren about the 16-cylinder Cadillac that he drove in California in the '40s, or with Arliss about the absurdity of small-town, River-city-esque mentalities.

So, that's not a question for me at ALL.

Literally the only thing that would keep me from marrying a 52-year-old woman -- assuming that I met one who I thought "this is THE ONE" -- is self-doubt. The physical differences have the potential to place an enormous strain on the relationship because when piotrr starts to experience the mid-30's burnout/panic, Akela will be 65 or 70 -- I know that I wouldn't dump my wife, but I think that if I put myself in that kind of position I wouldn't handle it gracefully, and the marriage might suffer as a result.

That's actually a pretty good idea...

And I still send much love to the happy couple. I dig the fact that Akela has a wedding picture for her MSN thingy.

Fancy Cat said:
btw dont buy star wars battlefront anyone

its totally lame

its the same shit over and over, shoot people, scene from movie, shoot people, scene from movie, shoot people.

shooting people gets old after 10 minutes.

so thats 2 count em two games i wasted money on, fable and star wars

think of all the diapers i could buy for all your mothers to use after i fuck them
3 if you bought T:V

man what an epic thread.

Grats to both of you.

Grats to aestis and glarebare for making me laugh. The pacemaker comment almost hurt me, and when jigafew posted that pic of the old lady, i couldn't breathe :)

I think she is hot for being 50 whatever though. And that ass is better than most i have seen on women 30 years younger than her.

congrats to piotrr and akela! And props too for being such good sports, ie, not biting the flame-bait and getting all worked up.

great thread though. epic, even.

Back