Wtf that article url is dated 1/05/2009

Sponsored Links
shadowman
VeteranXV
Old
102 - 12-21-2008, 17:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjeraz View Post
yeah but they are called militias, policemen, teachers, lawyers, politicians, etc... instead of gangs.

JJPHATX
VeteranX
Old
103 - 12-21-2008, 17:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
The article is ****ing pointless because the author is applying logic and sensibilities to New Orleans that HAVE NEVER ****ING APPLIED YOU GOD DAMNED MORON.

If he had been talking about Cleveland or something, then fine, it'd be a worthy article. But he's talking about New Orleans, where NONE of his sensibilities have ever applied EVER.

Hey when the Ohio River overflowed and wiped out entire areas, was there any of this kind of **** going on? Or in Washington/Oregon when Mt St Helens blew? Or anywhere in Florida post-hurricane? Or in San Francisco post-earthquake?

GET THE ****ING IDEA YET?
lol @ ST, bc he raises a good point.

If you read any of my previous posts, I'm inclined to agree.

The South, Louisiana, and NO in particular are retarded. That city is built in a horrible position, we also spend billions of dollars diverting water from the Mississippi River to ****ing NO. The city is poor, broke down, and sinking. Corruption and bad governance are the norm, and we have to continue to support this ****.

In my previous posts I SAID: all of the **** which happened in pre-Katrina NO should have served as a warning of what could happen in the absence of security, but none of these IDIOTS payed any attention.

Sometimes I wish the south won, so we wouldn't have to deal with their stupidity.

Joft
VeteranX
Old
104 - 12-21-2008, 17:16
SuicideTaxi, let's assume you do possess secret, arcane knowledge of New Orleans which this professional investigative reporter (who spent 18 months interviewing people for this piece) is completely ignorant of. Then couldn't you just say the point of this piece is to show the terrible state of that mystical place where the laws of logic and civilization don't apply? To show that New Orleans is such a ****ed up place, like you keep insisting?

btw, here's the video accompanying the article:

Last edited by Joft; 12-21-2008 at 17:23..
Ascoe
VeteranXV
Old
105 - 12-21-2008, 17:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
Wtf that article url is dated 1/05/2009

link_
Old
106 - 12-21-2008, 17:24
New Orleans experienced a blackout because the necessary 1.21 jiggawatts were stolen in order to time travel back to the future to post this article.

Musashi
SGT Shred++
Contributor
Old
107 - 12-21-2008, 17:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joft View Post
SuicideTaxi, let's assume you do possess secret, arcane knowledge of New Orleans which this professional investigative reporter (who spent 18 months interviewing people for this piece) is completely ignorant of. Then couldn't you just say the point of this piece is to show the terrible state of that mystical place where the laws of logic and civilization don't apply? To show that New Orleans is such a ****ed up place, like you keep insisting?

Yes. I'm sure they were just innocently walking through.

Those rednecks were toally in the right.

Scuzzle
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
108 - 12-21-2008, 17:32
Quote:
1. You never lived in New Orleans and you have absolutely NO ****ING CLUE what you're talking about

2. You're making the same mistake that the idiotic author did, which is take sensibilities and logic that applies to places outside New Orleans and you're applying them to New Orleans. Sorry - DOES NOT APPLY. New Orleans isn't like other places, and unless you've lived there and operated inside that environment, you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about and you're in absolutely no position to pass judgment on people.

Hell, you aren't even allowed to have a ****ing opinion. That's how ****ed up New Orleans is/was.
I was born in Natchez, Mississippi. When I was 3, we moved to Jackson, Mississippi. When I was 6, we moved to Fairday, Louisiana. When I was 7, we moved to Jefferson, Louisiana, where I lived until I was 9. Then we moved to Giddings, Texas, and a few months later to Houston, Texas, where I am now. I stayed in Park Place Apartments, attended Jefferson Elementary, and had a huge crush (that I still kind of have now) on my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Transou.

You're an incredibly ignorant, racist, and warped human being. Excuse the ad hominem, but I think you need to reassess your life. You're a 30-something slimeball who hangs onto his glory days as a video game shoutcaster, spends all of his time sitting on computers, and can barely say he's successful, even at his great IT job. The likelihood that you're "right" about anything philosophical is highly unlikely.

Musashi
SGT Shred++
Contributor
Old
109 - 12-21-2008, 18:20
I had Mrs. Transou.

She went wild for the cawk.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
110 - 12-21-2008, 18:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joft View Post

Okay, that's something that is tangible and could actually be "argued".

Had the reporter gone in unbiased and gave the full picture, showed just how ****ed up New Orleans really was, how ignorant the overwhelming majority of blacks in the town was/is, how racist many of the whites are, explored why the situation was what it was, then sure, it'd be a good article. But he didn't do that, did he? What he did instead was he went Scuzzle and applied the logic and rationality of... Toledo or some ****ing place, and painted a picture of "oh look at the poor oppressed black people and the mean racist whiteys..."

Which is complete and total bull****.

prowler
VeteranX
Old
111 - 12-21-2008, 18:31
i cant wait until all old racist people are dead so we don't have to listen to them anymore

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
112 - 12-21-2008, 18:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzle View Post
I was born in Natchez, Mississippi. When I was 3, we moved to Jackson, Mississippi. When I was 6, we moved to Fairday, Louisiana. When I was 7, we moved to Jefferson, Louisiana, where I lived until I was 9. Then we moved to Giddings, Texas, and a few months later to Houston, Texas, where I am now. I stayed in Park Place Apartments, attended Jefferson Elementary, and had a huge crush (that I still kind of have now) on my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Transou.

You're an incredibly ignorant, racist, and warped human being. Excuse the ad hominem, but I think you need to reassess your life. You're a 30-something slimeball who hangs onto his glory days as a video game shoutcaster, spends all of his time sitting on computers, and can barely say he's successful, even at his great IT job. The likelihood that you're "right" about anything philosophical is highly unlikely.
I notice the glaring lack of an "I lived, worked, and operated in New Orleans" statement in this post.

Go figure

P.S. - nice job completely avoiding the part where I mentioned this kind of thing never occurred in Washington, Florida, Ohio, Mississippi, Texas, or pretty much anywhere else in the United States where there's been a natural disaster.

But hey... let's not let anything as inconvenient as facts get in the way of your perfectly ridiculous argument.

Carry on.

Last edited by SuicideTaxi; 12-21-2008 at 18:33..
Scuzzle
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
113 - 12-21-2008, 18:41
You're lost, man.

I concede. You're so self-righteous that even the most sound argument would make no impact, and I'd much rather talk to people who have a chance.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
114 - 12-21-2008, 18:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
i cant wait until all old racist people are dead so we don't have to listen to them anymore
never happen.

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
115 - 12-21-2008, 18:45
Oh yes, of course... you, with all your experience not living or working in New Orleans, know much better than anyone who actually lived and worked in New Orleans.

Lobster
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
116 - 12-21-2008, 19:02
Quote:
Oh yes, of course... you, with all your experience not living or working in New Orleans, know much better than anyone who actually lived and worked in New Orleans.
Your entire argument is based upon a ludicrous assumption that New Orleans is so radically different from the rest of human society that no standards of normativity can apply.

If you for a moment step back from your position and consider what would happen if we universally applied this I think you'd see why it's so idiotic. Would you like it if I policed every opinion you ever formed about something you don't have direct experience of and suggest that unless you're a protagonist in the thing itself then you cannot comment or hope to understand it?

I mean even aside from the ludicrous state of affairs this perpetuates, it's built on a principle that is massively flawed. Why is the viewpoint of the first hand observer the most correct, or the most insightful, or the most informed? If I wanted to know about WW2 in East Africa I could either talk to my grandfather who was there and has an entirely subjective and narrow view of the matter, or I could read a synoptic book by someone who wasn't there but collected data from multiple people who were. Which will give me the better picture?

I don't know why I wasted three paragraphs on that but basically I'm saying you're a ****ing idiot.

prowler
VeteranX
Old
117 - 12-21-2008, 19:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
never happen.
okay thanks for your valuable insight as always aidswater

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
118 - 12-21-2008, 19:14
hey you're the one that thinks that after the history of man has shown that differences are always attacked that somehow it will stop with the 'old' generation

prowler
VeteranX
Old
119 - 12-21-2008, 19:17
i was trying to set off suicidetaxi you ****ing idiot

it's not a surprise you didn't pick up on that though considering you bite on this kind of thing on a regular basis

i guess it upset you though because you are an old man

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
120 - 12-21-2008, 19:18
nope, just amused me at your stupidity.

Page 6 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Katrina's Hidden Race War

Social Website Bullshit

Tags