Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

Has any one read Ancillary Justice? Just came out a couple of weeks ago, and it's getting good reviews. Was hoping to get a TW take on it before I delve into it.

Just getting to the end of World War Z, fuck how'd they get away with calling the movie by the same name. Very little similarity between them, probably the widest gap of any book/movie series, certainly of the ones I've read.

Yea. The book was good, and it seems like it was written to be made into a movie. I have no idea why they moved away from the book.

Yea. The book was good, and it seems like it was written to be made into a movie. I have no idea why they moved away from the book.

The movie the book should have been, was a smaller budget documentary style or found footage type thing. Something like district 9 maybe. You don't get Brad Pitt and do a smaller budget movie like that.

Also Hyperion is amazing. Read the books a long time ago and now I'm listening to the Audio books. Great production value with 3 different narrators.

hyperion+movie.jpg

going on a 3 week vacation on Friday and gonna bring these

also thinking about World War Z, although I'm definitely in a sci-fi mood lately

better be good fuckers

Abercrombie really starts out strong with the the first book in that series.

He really fucking drops the ball the farther you go.

Rothfuss is superior in pretty much every way, including not repeating LOGANS FATHER ALWWAYS SAID YOU COULDNT HAVE TOO MANY KNIVES or something.

words of radiance is the next sanderson book, his website shows the 3rd draft is 100% complete

no idea how for along that means the book is -_-

this doesn't fit strictly into the Fantasy genre but i am sure a lot of you guys would dig Bernard Cornwell's Uhtred books (historical fiction about danes and saxons etc)

first book is The Last Kingdom and there are 6 books in the series so far

check em out, you won't regret it :roller:

I finished both of Evan Currie's space opera series in less than a week. Good fun. Nothing mind-blowing but they are entertaining and help pass the time, IMO.

Back