[T1 Release] TRIBES 2015 by FSB-SPY - Page 14 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk > Tribes Talk Goldmine
Reload this Page [T1 Release] TRIBES 2015
Page 14 of 21
HuNiD $ RaCkZ
Old
261 - 06-30-2015, 18:03
Yeah and sex deprived sperg lords quit raging on forums thx

Sponsored Links
Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
262 - 06-30-2015, 18:04
I realize tribes isnt for everyone but it hooked me from the first time I saw it. I was in awe. I didnt even have to play. I used to sit behind my roommate watching, wishing I had a PC of my own so that I could play. In fact I wanted to play so badly that I was inspired to save up and buy one, my first one.

I've played many games since and not a one has stuck in any way that even slightly resembles the feeling I got/get with tribes.

Is there a learning curve? Yea. But if something looks that cool and fun to me I'm going to take that curve on. That's the point of games to me, to be fun and challenging. If they are ez to learn, and ez to play, they get real boring real fast. Kinda like T2 and T:V and TA.

So yea, I still hear I sucked at T1 and don't want to play. Which is fine. Again, I do understand it's not for everyone. We don't need a massive tribal experience, we just need a good remake with a strong community who really likes the game. Hell, T1 never had a massive following but look how long we stretched this **** out.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
263 - 06-30-2015, 18:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInAsa View Post
his thoughts on the game being janky and unpolished compared to modern games are echoed by any players i've tried to get into the game during the past 2-3 years. some of whom were really good t:a, legions, or t2c players. this also backs up his statement on how a t1 remake would have a hard time getting new players.

from a friend of mine named mukhtar who is an insane gamer "the physics in my head can't understand how people ski on those spiky hills

though it looks fun but maybe that's because i'm watching matin. normally when i try playing t1, it ends with me getting like 2inches off the ground with my entire energy ;w;"

from matin who was a big t1 player (mostly ren tho he played lt and base and all the mods) "When I play t1 again, I can't move the same way either . it was fun to tho."

your statement could also be reflected when you guys make sweeping statements on t2c after never having really played it (stork is the only one who has and he has some legitimate criticism about the game even proj would acknowledge). proj at least has done his research into trying to play t1, watching demos, and following discussions on these things for years.
as milk said, any game that's nearly 20 years old is going to seem janky and unpolished to todays 2-second attention span gamers

i was one of the top 100 in time played in T:A, cappers killed, flags returned etc - i put a lot more time into the game and played more roles than proj ever did, and i know for sure that if you're used to the dumbed down mechanics of later games you have trouble with T1. when i came back to play T1 i was worse at the game than i was in 1998 when i started.

notice how i never try to wax intellectual about T2 though? not once - why? because i know i didn't play it that much and don't have a leg to stand on compared to people that did

the fact that people can't even wrap their heads around how to ski hills in T1 just blows my mind though - i mean here's someone you say is an insane gamer and yet can't seem to even comprehend something that every T1 player has been doing for 17 years and could do in their sleep

is he really such an insane gamer then? would he have been able to hold his own back in the 'janky' days of 1998 or is he one of those gamers that chooses the most OP role and weapon in the game and spends all his time mastering that like talespin (who imo is a 'insane gamer' but i've played other games with him and he does the same thing - in BF4 all he did was use the ACE23 or whatever was the most OP gun, in tribes all he did was snipe etc)

guys like that are experts in one tiny area of the game and although they're great players and put up big kill numbers they really don't know the game unless they've played all roles and all weapons equally

for the record, over the last year or two i've put in over 500 hours each into BF4, csgo, titanfall, cod:aw and played 10-40 hours of most of the big games before i got sick of them - im more of a gamer at 38 than most kids are :P

but yeah i guess over the last 6 months i haven't gamed much at all just been caught up IRL

still csgo with val and those guys a fair bit tho when my girls at work

[/sperg]

pancake
Banned
Old
264 - 06-30-2015, 18:12
i think the t1 is hard/i suck at t1 thing is real retard **** t1 is no harder than any other tribes game and is wayyy easier in many ways

it just plays differently

anyone saying they sucked at t1 that actually played t1 for a long time isn't actually whining they're just being emo they got made fun of or whatever

any1 saying its too hard or theyre too bad after trying it for half an hour is probably real lazy or just not open to trying the game in anyway/not grabbed by it

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
265 - 06-30-2015, 18:15
One time in like 2000 my brother came in to my room and said I sucked at tribes while I was playing and I started to cry

pancake
Banned
Old
266 - 06-30-2015, 18:16
did u touch his dick to make up after

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
267 - 06-30-2015, 18:17
Ya

pancake
Banned
Old
268 - 06-30-2015, 18:18
gg

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
269 - 06-30-2015, 18:18

groove
VeteranXX
Old
270 - 06-30-2015, 18:22
last i heard talespin was playing nosgoth on a team with a buddy of mine and he does the same thing - he's an amazing FPS player but he always chooses one weapon and becomes 'king' at that and doesn't even attempt to learn/do anything else

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
271 - 06-30-2015, 18:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
i think the t1 is hard/i suck at t1 thing is real retard **** t1 is no harder than any other tribes game and is wayyy easier in many ways

it just plays differently

anyone saying they sucked at t1 that actually played t1 for a long time isn't actually whining they're just being emo they got made fun of or whatever

any1 saying its too hard or theyre too bad after trying it for half an hour is probably real lazy or just not open to trying the game in anyway/not grabbed by it
T1 is way harder than any other tribe game fuk u

pancake
Banned
Old
272 - 06-30-2015, 18:27
the skiing in that legions game is like a ****ing truck driving simulator **** u

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
273 - 06-30-2015, 18:34
**** legions i dont count that as tribe its fuken stupid game

pancake
Banned
Old
274 - 06-30-2015, 18:35
ya it is really dumb imo as far as the freedom of movement and speed go

but the easy aim is nice

the cg overheat tho is gay etc

groove
VeteranXX
Old
275 - 06-30-2015, 18:38
its funny too later gamers use the T1 disc and they're like 'omg there's a delay when you click it must be like, lag and bad netcode etc'

except that all weapons in tribes have different fire time & acceleration that's what they're feeling

but they're like 'janky' not 'hey that's realistic that your frisbee launcher has a delay from when you hit the trigger to when it hits its max velocity'

what some see as 'janky' others see as realistic and complex and something to learn not to make easier so that 8 year olds can pick it up faster

[meph] still plays
Veteran³
Old
276 - 06-30-2015, 18:40
if u play 3rd person w/o a ski script t1 is hard this is not up for debate

if u try to drive scout with lowest mouse sens this is hard 2

if u try to time scout explosion to send u 600 mph base 2 base on RC this is hard 3

if u try to have active sex life playing 5k MMR dota this is hard 4 any1

pancake
Banned
Old
277 - 06-30-2015, 18:42
dynamite stick can i get ur official quote that

tao of tribes turned into a gay as **** meme after the first few where it was just jokes about tribes talk drama and nothing about tribes ascend

now there r still tribes ascend spergs quoting tao of tribe stuff

i think tao of tribe being a t:a team was scum

~dickschnitzel~
Banned
Old
278 - 06-30-2015, 18:46
Did u know it can take me up to 3 seconds just 2 switch a weapon in dis old janky game.

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
279 - 06-30-2015, 18:47
that dude is repairbot, is that aka dynamitestick?

repairbot = dynamitestick?

pancake
Banned
Old
280 - 06-30-2015, 18:47
nope

Page 14 of 21

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk > Tribes Talk Goldmine
Reload this Page [T1 Release] TRIBES 2015

Social Website Bullshit