[tribes education volume 2] netset

its not a cheat so that makes it funnier that fedz was like omg i have this secret shit here pass it around guys now we are the best

and u guys made maverick rage because of ur shady behavior

if he closed his server what would u fags do then

think about ur actions noobies before u kill tribes

You and I talked about this last night; but I think the lack of information and the massive spreading of unsubstantiated rumours is what caused this. You have people who have never competed and people who have not played in a long time. Both come and get into some PUs and scrims etc and feel like they are getting whored to death nonstop.

"IT IS THE TERP. IT'S BACK!" "HE'S RIGHT IT HAS TO BE" says Oldbie1 and Neverhas69. Others overhear and wonder. The rumours continue to spread. Then small pieces of half-truths drop. Random words are thrown around and used and abused by people in various threads. Many of the top players also seem to know a lot about cheats. CONNECTION IS MADE. "UCL KNOWS WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT CHEATS TO NOT HAVE THEM". People take that ball and run with it.

Cue man in black offering a leg up. Nofix releases something that is called Netset. People take it and load it, not having any idea whatsoever what it is doing (if anything). Why do they do this? Not because they want to screw over the other people in their shoes; because they truly feel that the difference between them and the people who whore them down in PUs is this file.

This grand equalizer is all it will take and boom it will be 2001 again. Boom I will be the next Stork. Boom finally I am on the inside of the conspiracy.

But they are wrong. Unfortunately. The other truth however is that they are not alone on making bad decisions.

See, you are damning and condemning a group of misguided and uninformed people who honestly feel like they are doing the right thing to even out the universe, and this is partly your fault.

Not for being better than the vast majority of players; you own that legitimately. But the community sees certain players who are also extremely skilled or otherwise gifted (a scripter, a server owner etc) all talking in threads about all these different types of cheats etc that "exist" but that they definitely don't have or use and they get curious. And frustrated. And when they get owned they (who have egos as large as yours) find comfort in taking the easy way out. "Stork cheats". "Ahh I feel better already. I don't suck, I am awesome for non-cheaters.". This is how people think.

And with Tribes' massively corrupt history, you can't blame them.

So what is the solution? Education. And I know you've already started that with your posts and mspaints. That needs to continue. People need to feel like they are not in the dark about what's out there. People need concrete rules and consequences and a clear-cut methodology describing how cheaters will be caught. Will this increase the potential for cheats in the community? Possibly. Giving people information can be akin to giving them power, but clearly the 'trying to insulate them from the truth for their own good' strategy is not working.

Eventually people will be running every cheat known to man and still get owned by certain people and own certain people. What the community needs to realize is that 99.9% of the time you got owned because the other person was better. If you used to own them and now you don't, you got shittier and/or they got better. This is the cold reality that hopefully everyone will face and accept and the witch hunts and McCarthyism can cease.

I gave up trolling and accepted my spot for this reason. There are people that are better than me; there are people I am better than. Complaining of making excuses or chasing holy grails will never ever get anyone what they want. Just play your game, work hard and have fun. Anything beyond that is not worth pursuing.

My apologies for the incredibly long reply. Hopefully this will clear some things up on both sides.

-Jay Emm the Prophet

Epilogue: As a side note; it's upsetting that Under finally wins a match and it is tarnished so much. We/they practiced every day for hours. I know some of the guys watched demo after demo after demo learning and memorizing everything they could. They are learning each other's playstyle and playing as a team and it sucks that that is being overshadowed by all this. You guys played a great game last night and should be proud; regardless of everything outside of the match.

holy fuck im not reading ur post and if u want to know why cheats are so widespread and people are so willing to use them

besides being terrible for 12 years and looking 4 any outlet

its because retards like mav sleepy and alarik spread the news that the best players (me and stork) cheat. they cannot fathom that the two players who actually learned to play w/ good players and release the most demos can get good at the game without using cheats. in obs or through irc chat they are constantly telling people that me and stork cheat, and this is the message that everybody hears, all the new people who join the community and the old vets who come back

what kind of impression does that put on the people who just jumped into the game

so yeah they immediately get the idea that the best players cheat and get away with it, so the shitty players should be allowed to cheat to even the playing field

and its fucking sad that they are managing to fuck tribes through the inside out because of their insecurity about their own skill. hey maybe you just suck, deal

no one said they had anything super secret either rofl

if i did why would i have given it around

it's a useless placebo like nofix said.. man u guys are gullible

lol fedz i like how u play master spinster only after ur ignorance has been informed of the truth

when b4 that u and ur team were trying to keep it under wraps

hahaha sad

holy fuck im not reading ur post and if u want to know why cheats are so widespread and people are so willing to use them

besides being terrible for 12 years and looking 4 any outlet

its because retards like mav sleepy and alarik spread the news that the best players (me and stork) cheat. they cannot fathom that the two players who actually learned to play w/ good players and release the most demos can get good at the game without using cheats. in obs or through irc chat they are constantly telling people that me and stork cheat, and this is the message that everybody hears, all the new people who join the community and the old vets who come back

what kind of impression does that put on the people who just jumped into the game

so yeah they immediately get the idea that the best players cheat and get away with it, so the shitty players should be allowed to cheat to even the playing field

and its fucking sad that they are managing to fuck tribes through the inside out because of their insecurity about their own skill. hey maybe you just suck, deal

Just read my post; we are saying the exact same thing and I agree with you.

jomo i read ur post now and its basically what i said but more words

good post

and i already wrote my opinion several times but people would rather listen to retards who dont know what they're talking about with their witch hunt theories ("hes not chaingunning this map cause he knows we will catch him" or "he made a lucky shot time to ban") rather than those who know their shit

like i said me and stork have released more demos than the entire rest of the community combined and we still get accused of cheating because it hurts the ego less than accepting that maybe just maybe that player just isnt any good

the bottom line is that:
interpolate was considered a cheat for years, but now tribes players need to be fucking educated and more reasoned - it's not a cheat, its a network setting - 1.40 is far superior than removing interpolate ever was in terms of removing nr's - and adding interpolate on top of 1.40's prediction adds a negligible advantage at best, and most likely ruins your proper settings at worse if you choose to play with the prediction and interpolate values

and no, "they are cg'ing a lot, i know they're cheating" or "i died really fast to chaingun" is not valid evidence for someone "terping" or cheating.

but hey i know nobody will listen because "dude i swear its a cheat, their whole team is chaining; ucl wallhacks" is easier to believe than "its an even playing ground and i'm just being emotional and some people know how to play the game"

and taking the easy excuse out is the reason why basically everyone playing now has never been good and never will be and thats the fucking truth

Then don't read it zep; that's up to you! I'm just trying to get everyone on the same page; if they don't want to read or don't want to listen, well there is nothing I can do about that. But at least I gave it a shot. I am enjoying the tribal resurgence and I'll spend some time to help defend it/maintain it.

Wait so Mav falsely accuses Stork and ops and I'm the only one getting banned? BLASPHEME! Seems all the falsely accused should be banned to me. This is really the only way to level the playing field as only mediocrity will remain.

netset shmetset

perma IFFs, sure thats something to be worried about (and from what i hear is available for 1.4)

who gives a crap about tweaking network settings

Back