Some Ascension screenshots

T:V was a fun game until about 7 or 8 people were in the server, EVEN in Zios' server, which he claims, was so godly, sucked ass. Which was why i moved to smaller gametypes like arena and LT.

T2 had major physics changes after release. While it always ran smoothly on my PC. I never enjoyed playing it much.

T1 was Great. Skiing wasnt even intentional.

The next tribes needs more unintentional additions to make it interesting. Not new Ideas, but something that adds a new element/ dimension/ depth/ color to the game.

Renwerx should be working WITH garage games or garage games working WITH Renwerx to create one game that rawks. why struggle making 2 games that will in turn not yeild very many players. I say focus the resources and make it count while it is still possible. (legions/ascension/ss:2845) why make 3 mediocre games when you can make 1 great game and then mod it to be like 3 or more?

I will give anything that has jetpacks and a disc launcher a try becuase that is what someone who loves tribes would do.

Last edited:
KnightMare said:
what the fuck, the last thing tribes needs is MS involved.

Personally Id take MS over EA or Vivendi anyday. As much as some just love to hate Microsoft, they are actually very involved in pushing gaming to the next level and supporting indie development. Plus, you want marketing muscle behind your franchise, cant get much better than Microsoft. Look what they did with Halo.

Halo wasnt developed by MS, it was developed by Bungie, Vivindi dels the devs exactly what to do...thats why TV had some of the issues it had (not blaming it all on VU, but some of it definatly is their fault)

thedrummingfish said:
Halo wasnt developed by MS, it was developed by Bungie, Vivindi dels the devs exactly what to do...thats why TV had some of the issues it had (not blaming it all on VU, but some of it definatly is their fault)
MS bought bungie while they were making halo and halo changed alot in result of that.For example it went from being a mac/PC game to a xbox game.

now I remember why I stopped coming to TT. The on going useless crap I keep seeing posted, such as Zio's rants. I like T1, T2, and I like T:V. They all have their short comings, what game doesn't?

But holy fucking shit Zio, its hard for me to think up anyone that is more clueless than what you are spewing about T:V's performance and hardware/software comparisons in general. Cutting edge software does NOT require cutting edge hardware. Rev_Night said it best with his example of HL2. I can play that shit on my 5 year old LAPTOP. Now that is cutting edge software. As an avid player in T:V comp I don't remember your so-called 'godly' server being anymore better than other servers I or any of my team mates played on throughout our competitive stint.

Take t1/t2 for instance. they had 'cutting edge' network code (ala software) and performed reasonably well on a rather wide range of computers. You just seem to be an Unreal Engine fanboy, as by all accounts T:V had no excuse of performing the way it did (especially being released along-side HL2 and other better performing/looking games on lesser machines).

If you're up for spending 1k+ everytime you need to upgrade to play the 'latest and greatest' game then go right ahead, but its only hurting the game industry/market in the long run by only getting the top 5-10% of gamers.

Dispatch said:
Renwerx should be working WITH garage games or garage games working WITH Renwerx to create one game that rawks. why struggle making 2 games that will in turn not yeild very many players. I say focus the resources and make it count while it is still possible. (legions/ascension/ss:2845) why make 3 mediocre games when you can make 1 great game and then mod it to be like 3 or more?
SS:2845 is a mech game, not a Tribes game. Legions isn't a game at all. Get your facts straight.

KnightMare said:
zio has always been an idiot, nothing new.
He may be an ass, but he's not an idiot. He could call you an idiot for disagreeing with him because that's all you're doing.

Amadeus said:
SS:2845 is a mech game, not a Tribes game. Legions isn't a game at all. Get your facts straight.

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439623&page=2

^^ i know ss is mech but possible for tribes mod.

The idea was suggesting a cooperative operative between these different teams working on different projects, To unite and create 1 great game rather than 3 shortcomings would be in the communities best interest.

Dispatch said:
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439623&page=2

^^ i know ss is mech but possible for tribes mod.

The idea was suggesting a cooperative operative between these different teams working on different projects, To unite and create 1 great game rather than 3 shortcomings would be in the communities best interest.
ClanCore has no intention of making a Tribes game, it never had. GG is busy with other projects to pay the bills. Currently, RenWerx is the only party that is willing and able to make a Tribes game.

Unless you're suggesting that all three groups should take up a Tribes game as a side project, but that obviously won't happen.

Back