Some Ascension screenshots

Rev_Night said:
if you were to include the spawn map and sensor idea (online you see red rets, offline you see nothing) of T:V, that would make it alot better.
I fucking hated that crap in t:v.

Tekra said:
I fucking hated that crap in t:v.

why? it made the sensor actually a strategic part. did anyone here in t1/t2 care when their sensor went down? aside from longer range on turrets (which were a joke) it did nothing.

Rev_Night said:
why? it made the sensor actually a strategic part. did anyone here in t1/t2 care when their sensor went down? aside from longer range on turrets (which were a joke) it did nothing.
the skilled guys cared when they needed to, meber

I've been playing TV a bit lately, and yes I suck at it, but some ideas weren't bad. The radar going down was kind of a newer strategic concept that added to the game. I still contend, however that the biggest mistake of all was choosing the Unreal engine. There are concepts in TV that arent bad, but that engine makes so much about the movement just suck especially when you are use to the darkstar or Torque engine. We all know about the newtwok glitches etc and Im sure some patches could have improved it, but damn. That engine is so damn jerky especially when the server fills up or your in an area with a lot of players and combat occuring at once. Of course the 3 guys with a 50 ping love it because its so damn easy too dominate. For everyone else you can barely move.

Rev_Night said:
you've got to be fucking joking. I use my command screen all the time lding, watchign the sensor net for incoming cappers. It's a HUGE help and if your team has only a little D out you NEED your sensor. If I don't have my MPB out I try to make sure I have a sensor. The early warning it gives you of incoming hostiles is completely neccesary. T:V's all-seeing-eye sensor was a load of bs and I hated the fucking radar. CC ftw.

?B-MAN said:
I've been playing TV a bit lately, and yes I suck at it, but some ideas weren't bad. The radar going down was kind of a newer strategic concept that added to the game. I still contend, however that the biggest mistake of all was choosing the Unreal engine. There are concepts in TV that arent bad, but that engine makes so much about the movement just suck especially when you are use to the darkstar or Torque engine. We all know about the newtwok glitches etc and Im sure some patches could have improved it, but damn. That engine is so damn jerky especially when the server fills up or your in an area with a lot of players and combat occuring at once. Of course the 3 guys with a 50 ping love it because its so damn easy too dominate. For everyone else you can barely move.

I owned the most popular T:V server for a reason. It was hosted from The Planet in Houston Texas. It had a ridiculous amount of bandwith (unlimited) and was located centrally in the US. It cost a lot of cash a month to run, but the game played flawlessly with good hardware (before antics).

You need to blame the other servers that are trying to run the game, not the engine. We were able to run more players on our server than the engine was optimized for. T:V was never intended to be more than a 16 player game. Clan COBRA ran 22 players without lag. We played many matches with a loaded server and had no jerky perfomance what so ever. Your problem is you're playing on a server not capable of serving enough bandwith, your hardware is not up to snuff, or your connection speed is too slow.

Yeah, you needed a good broadband connection and a good machine with an updated video card to get the most out of T:V, but what do you expect? If you want perfect performance with a better looking game than T1/T2, you have to pay for it.

Tekra said:
you've got to be fucking joking. I use my command screen all the time lding, watchign the sensor net for incoming cappers. It's a HUGE help and if your team has only a little D out you NEED your sensor. If I don't have my MPB out I try to make sure I have a sensor. The early warning it gives you of incoming hostiles is completely neccesary. T:V's all-seeing-eye sensor was a load of bs and I hated the fucking radar. CC ftw.

It just proves how much of a newb Rev is. Ignore him. He obviously does not know what he's talking about as soon as the words...

"T2 could have been better if they took .......... from TV" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

T2 Classic OWNED T:V.

Zio said:
T2 Classic OWNED T:V.
I agree entirely but I didn't need to quote the entire thing. T2 sensor set up was great. You could kill the gen/sensor but the game wasn't heavily reliant on it, especially if you have a good farmer.

Zio said:
You need to blame the other servers that are trying to run the game, not the engine.
Most of those servers could easily run several instances of other games, T:V was the only one to eat up all the resources with a single game.

Zio said:
I already have the perfect Tribes game. T2 Classic.

Why play anything else especially if it's uglier? The gameplay will not be better. Wake up. How will TSE improve gameplay? It's improvements past TGE are all graphical! From screenshots, you'd think the game was being developed on a less sophisticated engine than TGE.

See that's the point, you dont know a fucking thing about the gameplay yet.
You're basing your opinion on screenshots.

Zeonism said:
See that's the point, you dont know a fucking thing about the gameplay yet.
You're basing your opinion on screenshots.

Have you not seen the ASS movie yet showing gameplay?

ROFL!

Rev_Night said:
wow this gay love between tekra and zio shoudl be nws :shrug:

Need I remind you meber? We're not the ones who thought the sensor style in T:V was kewl! :lol:

There's no gay love, just common fucking sense which you lack, or a basic understanding of T2.

Amadeus said:
Most of those servers could easily run several instances of other games, T:V was the only one to eat up all the resources with a single game.

And your point? T:V was a resource hog. But it runs perfectly with the right hardware. Lets see you guys try to run Quakewars with your Pentium 2's. Stop whining and upgrade.

Zio said:
And your point? T:V was a resource hog. But it runs perfectly with the right hardware. Lets see you guys try to run Quakewars with your Pentium 2's. Stop whining and upgrade.
You are astoundingly retarded. We're talking about high end dedicated servers that run 3 games of BF and the like with no hiccups, while the memory leaks in T:V can make a single instance bring them down to their knees. Stop sucking T:V cock.

Amadeus said:
You are astoundingly retarded. We're talking about high end dedicated servers that run 3 games of BF and the like with no hiccups, while the memory leaks in T:V can make a single instance bring them down to their knees. Stop sucking T:V cock.

I'll choose not to stoop to your level with the childish remarks.

T:V's netcode obviously was not as good as T1 or T2's. But you could still play the game as it was intended on the correct hardware. Understand? And I'm not sucking T:V cock. I'm stating a fact.

I ran a low ping 22 man T:V server for over a year and it was full most of the time. Sorry you couldn't.

Zio said:
:lol: *glances at Zio's mature and totally not childish sig*

Btw, Amadeus is right about the servers. Zio is kinda right...if you change a few of his words to reflect truth.

Zio said:
Too late on that one, pal.

Zio said:
But you could still play the game as it was intended on the correct hardware.
The fuck is this supposed to mean? Are you trying to say that the recommended specs of an Intel 2.5 GHz, a Radeon 9600 vid card and half a gig of RAM could allow you to play with high settings? Well guess what, I had a notably better system than that (A64 3000+, 9600XT, 1 gig of RAM) and couldn't afford to turn up the detail above medium on most everything (visible and fog distance being the exceptions, and that's after the .ini tweaks). That's pretty fucking weaksauce for a 2 year old game.

Just because you could afford a rig good enough to handle the heap of technological crap that T:V was doesn't mean it wasn't utter junk. You're like NoFiX who keeps claiming that T2 worked fine from the day of release. :lol:

i have an amd64 3500+, 1gig ram, and 7800gt. I could play on high with aa/af, but i would only get 50-60fps outside. and that was without glow on.

Back