I just saw the Ledgends screenshots!

NoFiX said:
What do I get for knowing how to spell everything?

So, like, why do you name-drop Sierra all the time? If it's not because they're a good company to work for, then what the fuck is it?

You're making maps for T:V and whining about Legends...yes, you're doing oh...so fucking much for the community...arteest.

Still with your typo comments?

Is that all you can flame me about? You really are the highlight of TW NoFiX. You really are.

The only reason I ever bring up my past employer is in occasions when uninformed idiots make judgements about me and my past and I have to inform them that I do know what I'm talking about (concerning the gaming industry) because I've worked for the multimedia/gaming industry for many years.

If I recall, you've had to be informed of my previous employment on multiple occasions because you've stated incorrect opinionated comments about how I know nothing about this industry a few times now.

I donno... I think there's a hella lotta talent floating around in fan space. Look at the SS2845 team.
One very good thing about fan made stuff is that it's not constrained by marketability as defined through the eyes of a bunch of suits who know NOTHING about gaming. This gives a huge degree of freedom to explore more interesting avenues of gameplay.

Intelectual property remains an issue... and I have a feeling that if Ledgends was ever to become popular it would be ground into the dirt.

On the otherhand, I'm working on a deal to get a independent (prolly Torque based) project going with some actual backing. It wouldn't have much to do with Tribes, other than keeping the dynamics in mind that made the series great.

BitRaiser said:
I donno... I think there's a hella lotta talent floating around in fan space. Look at the SS2845 team.
One very good thing about fan made stuff is that it's not constrained by marketability as defined through the eyes of a bunch of suits who know NOTHING about gaming. This gives a huge degree of freedom to explore more interesting avenues of gameplay.

Intelectual property remains an issue... and I have a feeling that if Ledgends was ever to become popular it would be ground into the dirt.

On the otherhand, I'm working on a deal to get a independent (prolly Torque based) project going with some actual backing. It wouldn't have much to do with Tribes, other than keeping the dynamics in mind that made the series great.

Bit, I'll work on anything -with- you. Except of course... :sex:

Zio said:
Still with your typo comments?

Whatever works ;)

Zio said:
Is that all you can flame me about?

Selective memory?

:rocker:

Zio said:
The only reason I ever bring up my past employer is in occasions when uninformed idiots make judgements about me and my past and I have to inform them that I do know what I'm talking about (concerning the gaming industry) because I've worked for the multimedia/gaming industry for many years.

Okay, fine, you've worked for Sierra, I guess that makes everything you say golden and right?

Zio said:
If I recall, you've had to be informed of my previous employment on multiple occasions because you've stated incorrect opinionated comments about how I know nothing about this industry a few times now.

That wasn't me.

I have called you a dumbass before, but shit, that was before I knew you were an arteest that's worked for Sierra. You don't realize how dumb I feel now ;(

:rolleyes:

loop said:
OH MY GOD SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

This coming from so-called project lead...so-called, yet, can't even defend his own fucking efforts, let alone the team that did the actual work.

NoFiX said:
This coming from so-called project lead...so-called, yet, can't even defend his own fucking efforts, let alone the team that did the actual work.

:rofl:

i think i did a fabulous job with the defense, thank you.

are you just lashing out now because you're bored or something? man, you need some valium like stat.

edit: wtf, did I just say fabulous? without irony? oh crap.

loop said:
:rofl:

i think i did a fabulous job with the defense, thank you.

are you just lashing out now because you're bored or something? man, you need some valium like stat.

Not sure.

But I'd be willing to let you give me a diagnostic-exam.

NoFiX said:
Whatever works ;)

Selective memory?

:rocker:

Okay, fine, you've worked for Sierra, I guess that makes everything you say golden and right?

That wasn't me.

I have called you a dumbass before, but shit, that was before I knew you were an arteest that's worked for Sierra. You don't realize how dumb I feel now ;(

:rolleyes:

And what may I ask are YOU doing for our glorious community NoFiX?

Zio said:
And what may I ask are YOU doing for our glorious community NoFiX?

/me notes the can on the counter. contemplates opening it. think hard about the worms all over the place that could result. decides to ignore can after all.

loop said:
* loop notes the can on the counter. contemplates opening it. think hard about the worms all over the place that could result. decides to ignore can after all.

Why not? It's not like you have anything to lose...well, other than your master server...errr...yeah.

BitRaiser said:

Keep me up to speed on what you're doing, I'm learning the Torque script right now. ;)

Back