I just saw the Ledgends screenshots!

See what TW has done to me?

Unlike many posts here at TW, the posts flaming me are actually helping me come back to earth. Please allow me to explain...

This entire thread is in direct relation to this thread... http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364758

Within this discussion, it's discussed what the Tribes community should do as a whole. The options suggested were...

1. Stick with T:V
2. Upgrade Legends
3. Make a mod out of Starsiege

I honestly did not know anything about legends before reading about it in the above thread. Within this thread, I was led to believe that Legends was the ultimate answer to all the problems every Tribes game has. I did not agree with other posters opinions but I was intrigued enough to look up Legends and find out more about it first hand.

What I found when I looked into Legends were the screenshots posted on their site and I was let down and I was upset because I was misled.

My post was in retaliation to those posting that Legends is the ultimate answer for the Tribes community. But after posting I can understand that it looks like I am attacking the Legends team and that was never my intention. They are simply making their game. There are others that aren't part of their development team that are making all the unbelievable claims.

I apologize to the development group of Legends for my comments. It was not my intent to attack you, just to discredit the idea that Legends is the ultimate answer for our community. What I didn't realize in making my point was I was attacking you. Any development project similar to what you guys are working on is a huge undertaking I know, and I honestly do hope your project is as successful as you want it to be.

I havent played legends for a very long time and while the current versions gfx arent on the hl2 level they are actually quite a bit nicer than I recall, the terrains are better than t1, particle effects could use some work but are at least as good as t1 probably better. The game runs smoothly, skiing feels good maybe a little too much momentum but better than tv, I dunno maybe I am a poor judge but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this FREE game. Good job guys I will be interested to see how this turns out. Check out this pic I say it looks pretty damn good...
legends01.jpg

Ok, even if Zio put it rather harshly he is right: Legends isn't the prettiest game ever. It's graphics looks like they're somewhere between T1 and T2. T:V does look better, there's no way denying that.

Also that Legends will be the big savior of the Tribes community... well... I'm not saying never, I'm just saying that it won't exactly happen today or in the close future.

I have tried Legends and it IS pretty fun, it has the right "feel" and gameplay of a Tribes game. Whenever this game is at 1.0 I will be very interested to try it again.

Zio -

Thank you for clarifying your intentions. This thread makes more sense, and I am a lot less inclined to add you to my ignore list.

Now, allow me to clarify the intentions of the Legends team:

1 - We are not now, nor will we ever, seeking to replace any Tribes game or compete directly with current releases by VUG. This includes the idea of taking players away from Tribes 1 or 2, both of which I still enjoy.
2 - Our intention is to bring a fast-paced, community-driven game to a cross-platform audience at no cost.
3 - The game is designed to be as open to modification as possible with the greatest possible ease - this includes graphics/textures, scripting, maps, whatever.
4 - We want to have fun.

It's really that simple.
Thanks again!

jesus christ loop cut the bullshit

of course you're against VUG, except you're not making any money from it

VUG fucked up, and they can't even redeem themselves, take this time to seize the audience. Last I checked, it's not illegal to have a better product than someone else. I want you to be the dominating factor, so if VUG does come back with something, they'll do it RIGHT.

and number 4 is bullshit, no one wants fun

kesh! said:
jesus christ loop cut the bullshit

of course you're against VUG, except you're not making any money from it

VUG fucked up, and they can't even redeem themselves, take this time to seize the audience. Last I checked, it's not illegal to have a better product than someone else. I want you to be the dominating factor, so if VUG does come back with something, they'll do it RIGHT.

and number 4 is bullshit, no one wants fun

since you were a member of team Sex, I'll level with you -

yeah, VUG fucked up royally, and that was part of the inspiration for jumping back into Legends. HOWEVER... we don't want a C+D coming at us as soon as we say Go, so we have to be very, very very very careful how we target this.

loop said:
Zio -

Thank you for clarifying your intentions. This thread makes more sense, and I am a lot less inclined to add you to my ignore list.

Now, allow me to clarify the intentions of the Legends team:

1 - We are not now, nor will we ever, seeking to replace any Tribes game or compete directly with current releases by VUG. This includes the idea of taking players away from Tribes 1 or 2, both of which I still enjoy.
2 - Our intention is to bring a fast-paced, community-driven game to a cross-platform audience at no cost.
3 - The game is designed to be as open to modification as possible with the greatest possible ease - this includes graphics/textures, scripting, maps, whatever.
4 - We want to have fun.

It's really that simple.
Thanks again!

Again, sorry my post seemed to come down the way it did. Please just realize I had been reading how Legends was the best thing since sliced bread and how it compiled the best of all the Tribes games into 1 game. People were making some very big claims. I was getting this impression in my head of what Legends was by reading their posts and when I saw the screens on the site I reacted and posted with a vengeance without realizing I was also attacking the creators of the game that had nothing to do with the great claims that were being made. Like I said, you guys are just making your game and doing the best job you are capable of.

There are many people in the community that know me and understand what I'm about, I'm sure they'll vouche for me when I say I am only interested in "tribes" (in whatever form it is) being the best it can be, and I'm the first person in line to help in any way and sacrifice anything including financial resources (within limitations) to help this community and the game we all love so much be successful.

I'm really suprised that Ledgends hasn't been Foxed yet. Too much noise is being made over this project that doesn't have even the slightest claim to the intellectual property that it's based on.
I would definatly :chill: and try to keep the noise level down.

On another note... I've gone to DL the thing several times, but those screenshots have stalled me every time. It really does look perty god-awful. I'm not a graphics => gameplay sorta guy (that's obvious consitering my CRAP video card), but there's limits, ya know? When it atleast looks on par with T2, maybe I'll give it a fair shake.

You should play it first before judging on screenshots. Whoever said it is between t1 and t2 is correct but it does feel like a "tribes" game.

BitRaiser said:
I'm really suprised that Ledgends hasn't been Foxed yet. Too much noise is being made over this project that doesn't have even the slightest claim to the intellectual property that it's based on.
I would definatly :chill: and try to keep the noise level down.

On another note... I've gone to DL the thing several times, but those screenshots have stalled me every time. It really does look perty god-awful. I'm not a graphics => gameplay sorta guy (that's obvious consitering my CRAP video card), but there's limits, ya know? When it atleast looks on par with T2, maybe I'll give it a fair shake.

first off, download the game. it doesn't take that long. :)

second - as to being foxed... yeah, it's been a very, very close thing many times.
in fact, we had to start completely over at one point because our goal that we had stated was almost identical to the one the Sierra used for "Fast Attack". Remember that? Oh yeah, that's right, the "expansion" that never went anywhere yet still somehow sounded word-for-word almost exactly like how Legends was being designed at the time... yet our statement was written first. How could that have happened?

anyway yeah, we have to be very very very very very careful. :)

Zio said:
There are many people in the community that know me and understand what I'm about, I'm sure they'll vouche for me when I say I am only interested in "tribes" (in whatever form it is) being the best it can be, and I'm the first person in line to help in any way and sacrifice anything including financial resources (within limitations) to help this community and the game we all love so much be successful.

I understand what you're about, but I don't know you, never heard of you and could care less if I never hear of you again.

Being the extraordinarily marvelous arteest that you are, don't you have better things you could be doing?

Oh...right, you got fired from Sierra...what am I talking about?

:rocker:

NoFiX said:
I understand what you're about, but I don't know you, never heard of you and could care less if I never hear of you again.

Being the extraordinarily marvelous arteest that you are, don't you have better things you could be doing?

Oh...right, you got fired from Sierra...what am I talking about?

:rocker:

As usual, NoFiX you think you know eveything yet know nothing.

You do not know me and I wasn't fired from Sierra. I decided to leave Sierra because of the way they were treating the development studio I worked for.

I am doing a lot more for our community than you, so you can STFU now.

Last edited:
All well, hopefully things will be a little more light-spirited around here. Sorry about my previous post if it effected you any Zio. Just hope you see where I was coming from. Anywho, its about time we shed a little light around here and have the threads end out the way they did here. I'm impressed. :D

This symbolizes another chance for the tribes community, for me.

Zio said:
As usual, NoFiX you think you know eveything yet know nothing.

What do I get for knowing how to spell everything?

Zio said:
You do not know me and I wasn't fired from Sierra. I decided to leave Sierra because of the way they were treating the development studio I worked for.

I am doing a lot more for our community than you, so you can STFU now.

So, like, why do you name-drop Sierra all the time? If it's not because they're a good company to work for, then what the fuck is it?

You're making maps for T:V and whining about Legends...yes, you're doing oh...so fucking much for the community...arteest.

Guess, I'll follow suit as well. My words may have been a bit strong, but when I posted them I thought you were on a rampage to destroy any momentum that legends had going for it. You almost became the first and only person on my ignore list.

Like Rooster says, hopefully things can lighten up from here.

Back