I just saw the Ledgends screenshots!

loop said:
i just don't see what your point is. i mean, if WE were getting paid to work on a game 60 hours a week, there's a good probability that it would as pretty if not prettier than t:v - that's simple logic.

Your engine isn't capable of this feat. That's my point.

I also do not see what your project will bring to the table to unite all the players from all the Tribes games. Already, I would rather play T1, T2 or T:V.

How can anyone possibly think that with these 3 great games your project will surpass them?

I can't comprehend that even though Tribes 1, 2 and T:V had large development teams and huge financial resouces to finance their projects, this community believes you have what it takes to meld all the best parts of all three games into Legends?

I just don't agree. That's my point.

Ok Zio, the fact is that the Unreal Engine can dole out nice graphics with vibrant colors and lighting, you and others have proven that with some of the new maps for TV, but the point of reviving Legends and talk of a Stasiege MOD on the new TSE is because gameplay wise, TV has mostly been a dissapointment.

I'm sure many do enjoy TV, but a lot have found TV less than appealing even with all the eye candy. Sure folks could continue playing T1 or T2, but even those games are getting old (still fun but old). After 5 years I think many old school T1 and T2 folks are hungry for a new Tribes game, but unfortuantely TV doesnt offer the "gameplay" and "feel" of either T1 or T2.

The momentum probaly started with clancores announcement to move to the new Torque TSE engine. Torque inherently has the feel of Tribes and we all know its capability in terms of handling large fully immersive terrain. Torque is exciting even if its graphics arent quite the eye candy that the TV engine can offer. (although the TSE will change that quite a bit). Also, its seems anytime you really go gangbusters with lighting and colors in TV and try to size the maps beyond 512 x 512 you have all sorts of performance issues and who wants a hard grid in a Tribes game.

Personally I'll agree with you that the lighting and colors in Torque seem flat compared to the TV engine but I'll take the feel of good gameplay anyday over graphics. Also I would prefer a Tribes game on the Starsiege game just because they'll potentially have the marketing behind them and it will be built on the new TSE. Legends is a bit off from being an actual Tribes game for me (slow disc, no chaingun etc), but I fully support it because the core game is already pretty solid in many ways and its dev team is made up of Tribes players, not some dev team payed to do a job.

Last edited:
Bullet Catcher said:
It's just interesting to me that you're comparing a MARKETED game with an engine that's fairly new, to a COMMUNITY based game with an engine thats what? 4+ years old? Aesthetics aren't everything, buddy. It's people like you we should blame for all the plastic and airbrushed women out there.

"Don't go play that perfectly entertaining, stable game. Come play my can't run for shit, aestheticly pleasing game."

Sounds much like

"Don't date that middle-aged woman with 2 kids, come date this young gorgeous woman that has 3 STDs and more plastic in her than in your wallet."

Ok, let's see... You're prolly 550pounds give or take a few right?

Thought so. ;)

JimBodkins said:
You are one of the nastiest people I have encountered online.

I'm certain I'm about to get a load of Zio lip. (Sorry Fish Stix)

WOW! I've actually gotten my first compliment at TW!

Thank you Jimmah! ;)

Zio said:
Is that the best you've got? Stop posting you fucking moron? ha ha ha!

I must have made a point or something like that to receive a comeback so thoughtful! :lol:

Looking at some of your 'original' zingers, I'm surprised you think you can say anything.

Wulfen said:
Looking at some of your 'original' zingers, I'm surprised you think you can say anything.

Wulfen, you're on my ignore list for a reason.

mediumbloodeagleskin1rg.jpg

The thing that makes me sick is , the thought of you tearing this down. Its not about looks anymore. Its about people playing TOGETHER if you dont like it fine but why bash it? I mean really what can come of it? Some people just dont get it. This "My way is way better crap" is so lame just help people my god. If it looks so bad then why dont you FUCKIN MAKE IT NICER. Like that second post suggests. Save the Tribal HATE for the gamefield.

edit: Not even mentioning the endless terrain , player limits, smooth net code, AND ITS PRIVATELY DEVELOPED AND FUCKING DAMN NEAR FREEE.

k I need to not deal with this insanity.

Last edited:
so.. why do you care, zio?? if people want to make legends, and play it; what do you give a shit about it?

Yes T:V has the sweet graphics but not the gameplay... (few play)
T2classic has the gameplay but graphics are a lil dated... (few still play)
T1 has the gameplay but graphic dated (few play)
who know exactly what legends will have when its said and done (and maybe only a few will play or maybe lots will.. we'll see)

Aesop-The evil one said:

i agree.

sigh.

why the fuck do i involve myself in threads like these? they're frickin inevitable.

SO no more of this thread for me. Zio, thank you for your contribution to the future of Legends. I appreciate all of your dedication to telling us how pointless it all is.

With that in mind, I have made the decision and told the team.
Legends is canceled.

Back