I just saw the Ledgends screenshots!

Zio said:
If you would rather be looking at a 300 pound chick with a black eye while fucking her in the ass, that's fine with me.

But I'll take someone that looks like Pamela Anderson anyday.

I hear the xbox has great gfx

See... I do damage control and this is what happens.

Zio, check the version number of Legends, 0.4.1b

0.4.1b < 1.0

It's not done yet first of all. It has all the gameplay in place. Alot of the code they have is very simmilar to all the neat shit T2 had. They have the source code. They are using TGE which can easilly be upgraded to TSE. TSE utilizes all of the DX9 shader effects.

It is not T1 with better graphics... It WILL be T1 with better graphics.

Which looks better?

Ledgendns :lol: or T:V?

Didn't they do this test on Sesame Street?

If you get this wrong, you go back to kindergarden! :lol:

Arcanox said:
See... I do damage control and this is what happens.

Zio, check the version number of Legends, 0.4.1b

0.4.1b < 1.0

It's not done yet first of all. It has all the gameplay in place. Alot of the code they have is very simmilar to all the neat shit T2 had. They have the source code. They are using TGE which can easilly be upgraded to TSE. TSE utilizes all of the DX9 shader effects.

It is not T1 with better graphics... It WILL be T1 with better graphics.

They still don't get it. :(

just go play T1.

If graphics do not matter as everyone seems to say over and over, you already have the perfect game don't you?

Zio, you do know how unfair that demonstration is don't you?

You took like the worst possible screenshot of legends, and one of the nicest ones from T:V.

Why would you do that?

I'm starting to think you are borderline retarded.

Sambuca said:
Zio, you do know how unfair that demonstration is don't you?

You took like the worst possible screenshot of legends, and one of the nicest ones from T:V.

Why would you do that?

I'm starting to think you are borderline retarded.

Um, all the screens on Ledgeends look very similar to me. No one better than another. And the T:V screen I used was from the map I made myself! I just had that pic lying on my desktop!

As if the race was even close! Who is retarded here???

I still would choose T1 over the other game... I'm tired of finding new and interesting ways of spelling Legends just like all the other idiots spelled Thrives Vengeances.

okay, i'm not sure what your point is here, zio. we are well aware that our artwork is in need of a redoing. no kidding. i even opened up the re-announcement of legends with a request for artists....

i just don't see what your point is. i mean, if WE were getting paid to work on a game 60 hours a week, there's a good probability that it would as pretty if not prettier than t:v - that's simple logic.

besides, we're not trying to compete with them. t:v does just fine as far as cutting its own balls off. we are just offering a way for people to play a good, free game that's community based and cross-platform. now, go find something else to do. sheesh.

oh, by the way:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

those are ingame shots from .4.1 - not even the stuff in development yet.

Zio, It is very obvious that you have not only made your point but also won any argument on this thread.

But it was also kind of mean to all the other guys that worked on that game. Especially when you have so much to offer. A shitload of guys respect your work. Don't lump them all together.

Arcanox said:
Zio's an alright guy. He's picky about anything that isn't astetically pleasing. He should learn to hold his tounge considering the circumstances...

Than again he saw the screenshots. The gameplay for Legends has really improved. I can really give 2 thumbs up on the gameplay department.

No fucking kidding. Geesh. :D

Zxqv8 said:
My only Legends complaints are that you slide a lot when you try to stop, and clipping against non terrain objects is glitchy at best.

To clarify the latter point, if I try to walk around a corner and clip the wall at all, I stutter in the direction I was heading until I back off the wall. Nothing like this in other games.

Other than that, 2 Thumbs Up.
Yeah it really sucks when youve got a nice fast route of about 400 going you dive down to pickup the flag and lose almost all your speed by cliping the stand, does the same on anytype of base to. Just seems the collision code with solid base type objects is bugged.

I don't care how shitty anyone things Legends looks right now. #1, its supposed to be going through an update in the art department. instead of complaining, zio, why dont you help out? i've seen your work, via arcanox, and i think you could do a lot of good.

second, petty graphics or not, it gets the job done. And its fun, at least in my and a majority of the people who have played it. Remember the oldschool Sonic and Mario games? The first Descent? Graphics weren't super, but the games sure were fun.

Is this really what the community needs now Zio? I think not. Hopefully you can at least see where I'm coming from. In no way do I mean offense.

You remind me much of a 16 year old girl who just got her drivers liscence and wanted a nice shiny new red piece of crap that broke down just about every time it was driven. But, atleast it looked nice.

Bullet Catcher said:
You remind me much of a 16 year old girl who just got her drivers liscence and wanted a nice shiny new red piece of crap that broke down just about every time it was driven. But, atleast it looked nice.

I am a 3D artist by trade, I've worked for Sierra too.

In my trade, graphics are my life, and if you like it or not, graphics are one of the most important factors in any game produced today. That's why there is so much work always being done to push the envelope.

Honestly I would play Tribes2 Classic over all other Tribes games or mods including Vengeance. But believe it or not, all the competition that's left is there. And that's where I'll stay. Except to go play ARENA and mini rabbit in T2 every now and again.

loop said:
oh, by the way:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

those are ingame shots from .4.1 - not even the stuff in development yet.

Am I the only 1 that thinks these look like ass? What's with the yellow???

I easily enjoy T1 and 2's graphics more. Sorry.

The Pumpkin King said:
I would rather be looking at a 300 pound chick with a black eye while fucking her in the ass, that's fine with me.

Somehow I knew you were the kinda guy that would go for a nice plump cow Pumpkin!

It's just interesting to me that you're comparing a MARKETED game with an engine that's fairly new, to a COMMUNITY based game with an engine thats what? 4+ years old? Aesthetics aren't everything, buddy. It's people like you we should blame for all the plastic and airbrushed women out there.

"Don't go play that perfectly entertaining, stable game. Come play my can't run for shit, aestheticly pleasing game."

Sounds much like

"Don't date that middle-aged woman with 2 kids, come date this young gorgeous woman that has 3 STDs and more plastic in her than in your wallet."

Back