support t:v despite its initial problems

plainoler said:
fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. i'll stick with my god-forsaken t2 classic and t:v demo

the tribes series is quickly becoming one of those games that only become popular when it reaches the discount bin, a year after launch

How do you quickly become something that takes a year?

Blotter said:
don't be a baby. launches are never smooth. these guys have stuck with us for over a year now. we are the dedicated tribers and its freaking SHOCKING to see the crying.

go support T:V and Irrational and pick up the game if u can.

:signed:

BitRaiser said:
VUG, on the otherhand, took Irrational's gold copy and slapped on a anti-copy protectionf package that is known to cause severe problems WITHOUT talking to Irrational about what sort of impact it might have.

You have no idea what went on. Quit it.

Its funny, its cool to bash t2 but people are crying over bashing t:v. t1 and t2 always ran fine for me. This seems to be having more problems. Glad Im not getting it.

Thrax posted that SecuROM will not be used.

He's not known for lying.

It also makes logical sence if you stop to think about it.
Why the hell would IG shoot themselves in the foot this way? They know better, 'cause they are gamers. VUG execs are NOT gamers and DON'T know any better.

First off, its sense, not sence.

Second off, Why the hell would I buy a flawed product? I dont buy a broken car, I dont buy broken computer parts. When the game is fixed, people will buy it, simple as that. I for one will not be shelling out $50 for a game we know is broken.

IG had no real understanding of their inheritance of,

"The Curse of the Tribes series"

Doomed to begin and end its life bugridden, flawed, and underachieving

Who is this biatch blotter with brown on the tip of his long nose?

Is he with collections

menes said:
IG had no real understanding of their inheritance of,

"The Curse of the Tribes series"

Doomed to begin and end its life bugridden, flawed, and underachieving

Who is this biatch blotter with brown on the tip of his long nose?

Is he with collections
no, the curse only showed up at the launch of T2.

unloader said:
Relationship? :closet: C'mon MR. TODD, they need to make us happy, were the customers, done.
theyve spoken to us DIRECTLY, not to other sites, to US. we should be happy because of that. did they use us for business purposes to make a better product? yes. did they have to? no. did they go out of there way to put out fires here (sure, not all, but some)? yes. did they give opportunities for tw to contribute? yes. did they hire someone part of the tribes community to develop multiplayer? yes. did they meet there release date of oct. 5? yes. have they blown smoke up our about things in the game? no. did they give us a free beta and demo? yes.

they have been straight with us for the most part, they didnt have to say a peep to us, like the t2 development, but they did. we all bought t2 anyway.

its just sad how fast people can turn there backs on a team that has really embraced us (yes, even if they did it from a business stand point, it still says they respected our opinions and this community).

whatever, everyones gonna buy the game anyway, the least people could do is make sales look good for the release day.

Blotter said:
its just sad how fast people can turn there backs on a team that has really embraced us (yes, even if they did it from a business stand point, it still says they respected our opinions and this community).

whatever, everyones gonna buy the game anyway, the least people could do is make sales look good for the release day.

No, a lot of us really won't buy the game if this "feature" is still in place. It is a big deal, and if a developmental company has to take the fall because of its parent company's actions, that sucks but it's not our fault. The more bullshazbot the industry is allowed to get away with and still sell copies, the more the industry will try and get away with. The only way to stop that cycle is to voice your opinion with your wallet.

yeah, fight the man!!

dont buy t:v and hold out for the next tribes that comes out in 5 years!!!

its a f'n game, and there is only 1 kind of tribes game... get over it...............

BitRaiser said:
Thrax posted that SecuROM will not be used.

He's not known for lying.

It also makes logical sence if you stop to think about it.
Why the hell would IG shoot themselves in the foot this way? They know better, 'cause they are gamers. VUG execs are NOT gamers and DON'T know any better.

They knew better alright. They should've had the dedicated server package ready to go.

I don't understand why you're so quick to release any blame on their part. They're just as guilty. Especially BEING gamers.

Blotter said:
yeah, fight the man!!

dont buy t:v and hold out for the next tribes that comes out in 5 years!!!

its a f'n game, and there is only 1 kind of tribes game... get over it...............

Ah the irony.

while ppl were complaining I played 3 hrs of SP and 2.5 hrs of MP... the issue is only as big as you make it. Most the ppl complaining haven't even got the game yet.

Ok Blotter, I respect your opinion to a certain degree and yes I do think you are right. However what about those of us who have purchased the game, went out and bought it reguardless of the server issue because we want a good game. However becuase of this software installed to prevent piracy, we can't install the version we bought. And of course there is no support for that, I've called their Tech Supp and they are worthless in solving my problem.

I belive as someone who has BOUGHT their game, and would like to play the single player at the very least. I have a right to bitch after shelling out 49.99 for a box which contains basically the equivelent of 4 shiney coasters at this point.

Guys this issue with copy protection happens with every game at release. You upgrade you CD-rom firmware or disable deamon/cd-copy tools and it almost always solves it.

DwarfVader said:
Ok Blotter, I respect your opinion to a certain degree and yes I do think you are right. However what about those of us who have purchased the game, went out and bought it reguardless of the server issue because we want a good game. However becuase of this software installed to prevent piracy, we can't install the version we bought. And of course there is no support for that, I've called their Tech Supp and they are worthless in solving my problem.

I belive as someone who has BOUGHT their game, and would like to play the single player at the very least. I have a right to bitch after shelling out 49.99 for a box which contains basically the equivelent of 4 shiney coasters at this point.
i hear ya man, and im not saying thats ok, but if we want the game to look good, the numbers on opening day say something. hell, this could happen to me when i got home, and id be pissed, but even if i knew it wouldnt work, id still buy the game because high sales on opening day makes iga and tribes look good, and that means a better future for BOTH, which i would like to see.

just takes patience and understanding :|

but i hope ur stuff gets fixed :[

Back